Henry I and The Anarchy Campaign (7 battles) MOD

Moderator: rbodleyscott

galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Henry I and The Anarchy Campaign (7 battles) MOD

Post by galahad14 »

Hey!
After I finished my Low Countries Campaign I had to take a break cause of covid, but now Im back to action, with entirely new campaign! It'll focus on Henry I's Invasion of Normandy and the period of "The Anarchy" in England. I'm happy to announce the campaign will feature two maps made by stockwellpete (Lincoln and Rout of WInchester) but with entirely new AI and support for Single Player!

Battles:

Henry I - Prelude to the Anarchy:
- Battle of Alençon (December 1118)
- Battle of Brémule (20 August 1119)
- Battle of Bourgthéroulde (26 March 1124)

The Anarchy:
- Battle of Clitheroe (10 June 1138)
- First Battle of Lincoln (2 February 1141)
- Rout of Winchester (14 September 1141)
- Battle of Wilton (1 July 1143)

Battle of Alençon (December 1118)
Battle of Brémule (20 August 1119)
Battle of Bourgthéroulde (26 March 1124)
Battle of Clitheroe (10 June 1138)
First Battle of Lincoln (2 February 1141) [stockwellpete]
Rout of Winchester (14 September 1141) [stockwellpete]
Battle of Wilton (1 July 1143)
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Henry I and The Anarchy Campaign (7 battles) MOD

Post by galahad14 »

Added the last battle: Battle of Wilton. Expect soon release ;)
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

The campaign is released! You can download SP and MP version from the game! ;)
Horde
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Horde »

Hey, I´ve just finished in single player the first battle, Alençon and leading the Anglo-Normans. First, I want to thank you for the time and effort you put in the scenario, the map it´s beautiful and it´s also different from the usual open battle. A couple of thoughts:

-I think it´s a bit easy from the Anglo-Norman perspective. I´ve won 61%-20% and didn´t employ clever tactics. Just advanced with the northern army, charged enemy cavalry, destroyed it, then destroyed the heavy french infantry with cavalry and infantry when it was arriving. I think I just lost one skirmisher and one knight unit in that part of the battle, and erased the enemy. In Alençon proper I made a sally with the garrison, lost three units and destroyed like 6-7, a couple did regroup. Then I retreated the last one to the fortress and they stayed there the rest of the battle. This part was great fun, if felt like an attack from some grizzled veterans against superior numbers, with the last ones retreating to defend the gates. The survivors of the attackers just stay there staring at it. They send one unit to the north, trash mercenaries, but they got erased quickly. I went south and destroyed a fragmented unit to win, without furthers losses.

-So a couple of changes can be done in army composition, perhaps only in SP, if it´s balanced for MP. First, I don´t know if it´s historical, but french sergeant just get wrecked by knights. AI lines them and they get disrupted at charge, of afterwards, they can only spread panic to allied knights. Perhaps a couple more French knights can be included, or French infantry and cavalry can be scripted to fight together. Second, the infantry that assault at the south sends first formed crossbowmen: they get completely destroyed by anglo-norman men at arms. They shot them one turn, but I´ve seen two units of them do 0 losses. AI clutters its units and when they get destroyed, spread panic to other units. I think they would be more useful if they are in the second row, or if they are lights, as anglo-norman archers. Also, the defenders are very good against French troops: just like 40 men did a lot of damage.

-From what I´ve seen AI doesn´t attack the defenders inside the fortress, but if there are troops there the great part of their southern infantry just stares at them, when if they got north at least they can put a fight. I don´t know if it´s working as intended, or if it even can be changed if it´s not.

-The last part of the battle, when I had destroyed the enemy at the north and just had to travel accross the map to hunt some units, was a bit boring because I knew that I had won. The battle dragged because it is neccesary to rout 60% of enemy units, perhaps if it is allowed to win with 40% of the enemy destroyed with the usual advantage in non-retreating troops this can be prevented. I suppose that is balanced for MP, though, and it´s a minor complain.

-Also, I get that the numbers try to reflect the historical composition of troops, but being so low I think that nerfe a bit shooters. Volleys, even with ammunition, do many times 0 losses. Is a minor complain though, because in this battle shooters are not very important.

Just my two cents! Thanks again from the battle.
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Horde wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:24 pm Hey, I´ve just finished in single player the first battle, Alençon and leading the Anglo-Normans. First, I want to thank you for the time and effort you put in the scenario, the map it´s beautiful and it´s also different from the usual open battle. A couple of thoughts:

-I think it´s a bit easy from the Anglo-Norman perspective. I´ve won 61%-20% and didn´t employ clever tactics. Just advanced with the northern army, charged enemy cavalry, destroyed it, then destroyed the heavy french infantry with cavalry and infantry when it was arriving. I think I just lost one skirmisher and one knight unit in that part of the battle, and erased the enemy. In Alençon proper I made a sally with the garrison, lost three units and destroyed like 6-7, a couple did regroup. Then I retreated the last one to the fortress and they stayed there the rest of the battle. This part was great fun, if felt like an attack from some grizzled veterans against superior numbers, with the last ones retreating to defend the gates. The survivors of the attackers just stay there staring at it. They send one unit to the north, trash mercenaries, but they got erased quickly. I went south and destroyed a fragmented unit to win, without furthers losses.

-So a couple of changes can be done in army composition, perhaps only in SP, if it´s balanced for MP. First, I don´t know if it´s historical, but french sergeant just get wrecked by knights. AI lines them and they get disrupted at charge, of afterwards, they can only spread panic to allied knights. Perhaps a couple more French knights can be included, or French infantry and cavalry can be scripted to fight together. Second, the infantry that assault at the south sends first formed crossbowmen: they get completely destroyed by anglo-norman men at arms. They shot them one turn, but I´ve seen two units of them do 0 losses. AI clutters its units and when they get destroyed, spread panic to other units. I think they would be more useful if they are in the second row, or if they are lights, as anglo-norman archers. Also, the defenders are very good against French troops: just like 40 men did a lot of damage.

-From what I´ve seen AI doesn´t attack the defenders inside the fortress, but if there are troops there the great part of their southern infantry just stares at them, when if they got north at least they can put a fight. I don´t know if it´s working as intended, or if it even can be changed if it´s not.

-The last part of the battle, when I had destroyed the enemy at the north and just had to travel accross the map to hunt some units, was a bit boring because I knew that I had won. The battle dragged because it is neccesary to rout 60% of enemy units, perhaps if it is allowed to win with 40% of the enemy destroyed with the usual advantage in non-retreating troops this can be prevented. I suppose that is balanced for MP, though, and it´s a minor complain.

-Also, I get that the numbers try to reflect the historical composition of troops, but being so low I think that nerfe a bit shooters. Volleys, even with ammunition, do many times 0 losses. Is a minor complain though, because in this battle shooters are not very important.

Just my two cents! Thanks again from the battle.
Hey!
Thanks for the feedback, tho I cant do anything to balance the map more. Its meant for SP but you can choose any of 2 sides so if Ill balance it for one side itll be unbalanced for another etc. Secondly Im sure AI is attacking the castle cause I scripted it and tested to do it. Also shooters are weak cause theyre shooting troops in the castle, behind the castle walls ;)
Horde
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Horde »

Yes, thats true that I didnt try the French in the same scenario. Thanks again for the campaign!
Mord
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Location: North of Innsmouth, Mordbunker HQ, Windham, ME, USA

Post by Mord »

THANKS very much for all these battles (Henry, Low Countries, Mongol Invasions). I just realized that I had them downloaded and should have said something sooner. You put out a lot of content in so short a time span. Modders and scenario designers don't get enough praise nor thanks on these boards for what they produce, so I apologize for taking so long to thank you. Keep up the excellent work and know that your efforts are a appreciated.

Mord.
bodkin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bodkin »

galahad14 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:37 am The campaign is released! You can download SP and MP version from the game! ;)
I don't see it as a download option in game, in fact I don't see any downloadable content?
Mord

Post by Mord »

bodkin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:49 am I don't see it as a download option in game, in fact I don't see any downloadable content?
There's a bug with the scenario downloads. Nothing has been showing up for awhile now.

Mord.
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Mord wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:47 pm THANKS very much for all these battles (Henry, Low Countries, Mongol Invasions). I just realized that I had them downloaded and should have said something sooner. You put out a lot of content in so short a time span. Modders and scenario designers don't get enough praise nor thanks on these boards for what they produce, so I apologize for taking so long to thank you. Keep up the excellent work and know that your efforts are a appreciated.

Mord.
Im very thankful for your comment, when exams will end Ill come back to fog2 modding especially thanks to your helpful message :)
Galahad
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

galahad14 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:57 pm
Mord wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:47 pm THANKS very much for all these battles (Henry, Low Countries, Mongol Invasions). I just realized that I had them downloaded and should have said something sooner. You put out a lot of content in so short a time span. Modders and scenario designers don't get enough praise nor thanks on these boards for what they produce, so I apologize for taking so long to thank you. Keep up the excellent work and know that your efforts are a appreciated.

Mord.
Im very thankful for your comment, when exams will end Ill come back to fog2 modding especially thanks to your helpful message :)
Galahad
Good luck with your exams Galahad. I look forward to seeing what new scenarios you make. If you want any help with scripting AI orders and events don't be afraid to ask me, either here on the forum or by a pm.

cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Mord wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:26 am
bodkin wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:49 am I don't see it as a download option in game, in fact I don't see any downloadable content?
There's a bug with the scenario downloads. Nothing has been showing up for awhile now.

Mord.
We are still trying to figure out the cause of this, and fix it.
Richard Bodley Scott

matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

Thanks for your work!

Waiting for the possibility of download it

just a precision: the name of the battle is Bourgtheroulge with an "e", not an "é" (I reelly know this city)

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgther ... gtheroulde

PS: sometimes special letters like "ç" or "é" makes some difficulties with programming
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

matlegob wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 9:55 am Thanks for your work!

Waiting for the possibility of download it

just a precision: the name of the battle is Bourgtheroulge with an "e", not an "é" (I reelly know this city)

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgther ... gtheroulde

PS: sometimes special letters like "ç" or "é" makes some difficulties with programming
Its probably totally different place then cause internet says it should be written with é (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... 3%A9roulde)
galahad14
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by galahad14 »

Thank you all guys for your support :) I'm very thankful and happy to see my work is useful for somebody.
Galahad.
matlegob
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by matlegob »

I know the place (I am french and I am living in Normandie)

That's Bourgtheroulde

An english text about it: https://angevinman.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... ulde-1124/
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Mord.
Hi Mord,

It seems to be working again, at least it did for me just now.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:51 pm

Mord.
Hi Mord,

Yes, it should be fixed now.
Richard Bodley Scott

Mord

Post by Mord »

galahad14 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:57 pm Im very thankful for your comment, when exams will end Ill come back to fog2 modding especially thanks to your helpful message :)
Galahad
You're very welcome. I've been modding a long time, and a little praise and thanks goes a long way when someone puts in tons of personal time to create for others. I can't wait to see what you have planned for future battles.

Hi Mord,

Yep. I see it's up again. Thanks, man.

Mord.
bodkin
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by bodkin »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:33 pm

Mord.
Hi Mord,

Yes, it should be fixed now.
I still don't see it as a downloadable campaign for single player?

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Modding”