Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Moderator: rbodleyscott

Aetius39
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by Aetius39 » Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm

First, Teutonic Order is continuing to conquer Prussian lands.

Attacks:

1. Conquest - Aetius from #5 Radom attacks Olin in #1 Krakow
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournament in Field of Glory 2.

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 pm

Aetius39 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm
First, Teutonic Order is continuing to conquer Prussian lands.
Please specify which territory they conquer, II (Sambia) or III (Galindia).

gfs26
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:44 am

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by gfs26 » Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 pm

2. Mongol raid

gfs attacks olin0111

base of attack : Territory #3
Target of the raid : #20

Aetius39
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by Aetius39 » Tue May 04, 2021 3:56 am

olin0111 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 9:28 pm
Aetius39 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm
First, Teutonic Order is continuing to conquer Prussian lands.
Please specify which territory they conquer, II (Sambia) or III (Galindia).
Sambia!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournament in Field of Glory 2.

imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by imatson2527 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 pm

Mongol raid

Imatson2527 attacks olin0111

base of attack : Kingdom of Hungary
Target of the raid : #1

imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by imatson2527 » Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Imatson2527 using Hungarian allies attacks Gsf26
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 25
Target: Land no. 24

kronenblatt
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1952
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, SWEDEN

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by kronenblatt » Thu May 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Kronenblatt as Danish with German (North/West) allies attacks Olin0111
Type: Foreign/Neutral Conquest
Starting point: 14 (Kolobrzeg)
Target: Land no. 18 (Czarnkow)
Arranging The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), The West is No More (TWiNM), An Empire in Flames (AEiF), Ruin and Conquest of Britain (ExCoB), Vae Victis I and II (VV) as well the Ever-Green League.

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 pm

imatson2527 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 pm
Imatson2527 using Hungarian allies attacks Gsf26
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 25
Target: Land no. 24
You won't be able to use Hungarians as allies this turn as per rule 8.1 (Mongol Raid):
During the turns when Mongol Raid is possible players cannot use forces of Rus and Hungary as allies (they are either fighting Mongols or were intimidated into alliance with them). As a reminder the territories of Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia and Kingdom of Hungary are marked with Mongol warrior figure.

You can still use Bohemians if you like.


Also my attack declarations:
Olin0111 using German allies attacks Kronenblatt
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 19 (Gniezno)
Target: Land no. 11 (Bydgoszcz)

Olin0111 as Mongols attacks Aetius39
Type: Mongol Raid
Starting point: Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia
Target: Land no. 5 (Radom)

imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by imatson2527 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:19 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 pm
imatson2527 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 pm
Imatson2527 using Hungarian allies attacks Gsf26
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 25
Target: Land no. 24
You won't be able to use Hungarians as allies this turn as per rule 8.1 (Mongol Raid):
During the turns when Mongol Raid is possible players cannot use forces of Rus and Hungary as allies (they are either fighting Mongols or were intimidated into alliance with them). As a reminder the territories of Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia and Kingdom of Hungary are marked with Mongol warrior figure.

You can still use Bohemians if you like.


Also my attack declarations:
Olin0111 using German allies attacks Kronenblatt
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 19 (Gniezno)
Target: Land no. 11 (Bydgoszcz)

Olin0111 as Mongols attacks Aetius39
Type: Mongol Raid
Starting point: Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia
Target: Land no. 5 (Radom)
Sorry I missed that! I will use the Bohemians in the conquest as allies.

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm

Summary of battles for turn 3:

1. Aetius39 attacks Olin0111
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Lands no. 5 (Radom)
Target: Land no. 1 (Krakow)

2. Gfs26 attacks Olin0111
Type: Mongol Raid
Starting point: Lands no. 3 (Sandomierz)
Target: Land no. 20 (Kalisz)

3. Imatson2527 using Bohemian allies attacks Gsf26
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 25 (Cieszyn)
Target: Land no. 24 (Opole)

4. Kronenblatt as Danish with German (North/West) allies attacks Olin0111
Type: Foreign/Neutral Conquest
Starting point: 14 (Kolobrzeg)
Target: Land no. 18 (Czarnkow)

5. Olin0111 using German allies attacks Kronenblatt
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 19 (Gniezno)
Target: Land no. 11 (Bydgoszcz)

6. Olin0111 as Mongols attacks Aetius39
Type: Mongol Raid
Starting point: Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia
Target: Land no. 5 (Radom)

In case of Mongol Raid attackers set up the battles and pick the terrain they prefer, just make sure to ask defenders if they are using any allies.
In all other cases Defenders, please set up the battles, pick the terrain and (if you wish) allies out of those available.

The battles will be played simultaneously and should be resolved by 28 May at the latest. I know we haven't met the deadline of 3 weeks yet but third time's the charm? We'll see how it goes.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:50 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm
Summary of battles for turn 3:

1. Aetius39 attacks Olin0111
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Lands no. 5 (Radom)
Target: Land no. 1 (Krakow)

4. Kronenblatt as Danish with German (North/West) allies attacks Olin0111
Type: Foreign/Neutral Conquest
Starting point: 14 (Kolobrzeg)
Target: Land no. 18 (Czarnkow)

6. Olin0111 as Mongols attacks Aetius39
Type: Mongol Raid
Starting point: Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia
Target: Land no. 5 (Radom)
The above games have been set up.
PW: GOPT

imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by imatson2527 » Fri May 07, 2021 1:41 pm

imatson2527 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Mongol raid

Imatson2527 attacks olin0111

base of attack : Kingdom of Hungary
Target of the raid : #1
Was checking the list of battles and realized my raid wasn’t on it. I was pretty sure I could do it as well as the conquest this turn. If not no issues!

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:26 pm

imatson2527 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:41 pm
imatson2527 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 8:14 pm
Mongol raid

Imatson2527 attacks olin0111

base of attack : Kingdom of Hungary
Target of the raid : #1
Was checking the list of battles and realized my raid wasn’t on it. I was pretty sure I could do it as well as the conquest this turn. If not no issues!
Sorry! I missed it somehow :/ Maybe because I was focused on discussing the available allies this turn. Anyway, you had 3SPs at the start of the turn and conquest costs exactly 3. So either you make the mongol raid and some other attack like foreign conquest, which costs 2, or stick to your conquest declaration against Gfs26.

imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by imatson2527 » Fri May 07, 2021 4:41 pm

My bad. Had in my head that conquest was two SP. I will stick with that and forgo the mongol raid.

kronenblatt
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Posts: 1952
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:17 pm
Location: Stockholm, SWEDEN

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by kronenblatt » Mon May 10, 2021 4:29 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm
5. Olin0111 using German allies attacks Kronenblatt
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 19 (Gniezno)
Target: Land no. 11 (Bydgoszcz)
Battle set up.

Password: revenge
Arranging The Year of Many Emperors (TYME), Dividing the Spoils (DiSp), The West is No More (TWiNM), An Empire in Flames (AEiF), Ruin and Conquest of Britain (ExCoB), Vae Victis I and II (VV) as well the Ever-Green League.

imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by imatson2527 » Tue May 11, 2021 2:44 pm

Imatson2527 using Bohemian allies attacks Gsf26
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 25 (Cieszyn)
Target: Land no. 24 (Opole)

Victory for Imatson2527 55-63

Super close game with the battle being focused on a ridge line that dominated the center of the battlefield. Gsf26 knights smashed through my right flank put were unable to stop their pursuit and return to the battle. Meanwhile, the center and left flank went in my favor and allowed for a very close win. Great game!

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Sat May 15, 2021 12:26 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm
2. Gfs26 attacks Olin0111
Type: Mongol Raid
Starting point: Lands no. 3 (Sandomierz)
Target: Land no. 20 (Kalisz)
Olin0111 defeats Gfs26 41-13

After some pillaging of the countryside Mongols got a bit cocky and decided to attack in very unfavorable terrain only to be met with hails of arrows from the defenders. Mongols tried somehow to storm the forest and rugged land the archers and crossbowmen were located but were repulsed and fled the field. The loot that they had stolen has been recovered and the slaves freed!

Honestly, I don't know if we could roll more atrocious terrain for the Mongols. Despite it being agricultural map I, as adefender, got an almost solid wall of forest on my side. There wasn't much Gfs could do about it but he fought bravely.

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 » Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 pm

olin0111 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:24 pm
Summary of battles for turn 3:

1. Aetius39 attacks Olin0111
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Lands no. 5 (Radom)
Target: Land no. 1 (Krakow)


Olin0111 defeats Aetius39 50-22

Lots of chaos on the wings but I managed to get some flank and rear attacks and my dismounted knights were able to rout spearmen in the centre.

Aetius39
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 421
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:45 am

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by Aetius39 » Fri May 28, 2021 6:16 am

Aetius's Polish defeat Olin's nasty Mongols 57-29

Poles had a bit of luck (divine intervention?) on their side; ocean on the side of the map made it narrower, and there was a decent sized patch of forest the defenders could use to hem the Mongols in more. Still a bit of a slugfest; it took a while for the Mongols to break and retreat. GG Olin!
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournament in Field of Glory 2.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Tournaments & Leagues”