Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Moderators: rbodleyscott, kronenblatt

olin0111
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 »

This is the campaign thread for the Game of the Polish Throne

In November 1227 Princeps Leszek the White – the highest among the Polish dukes – was assassinated. Ambushed in a bath in a village of Gąsawa he managed to storm out of the house naked, jump on a horse and started riding but was chased and eventually struck down by his oppressors. There were a number of dukes suspected of orchestrating the assassination and discussion about the real culprit flared up the imaginations of contemporaries. However, one thing was certain – with Leszek's death any vestiges of unity of Polish lands ceased to exist. No other duke had enough authority or power to claim the title of Princeps, let alone become a king. The Feudal Partition of the realm that had been dragging on for almost a century by that time has entered a more turbulent phase.

The campaign is centered around a time of Feudal Fragmentation of Poland in XIII – XIVc, from 1227 to 1320 to be exact. The players represent Polish Dukes (and their descendants) vying for control of de jure lands of the Kingdom of Poland. For anyone interested the rules can be found HERE

Players:
Gfs26 - HenryTheBearded (yellow)
Imatson2527 - Kazimierz of Opole (green)
Kronenblatt - Konrad of Mazovia (blue)
Aetius39 - Bolesław The Chaste (white)
Olin0111 - Władysław Spindleshanks (red)

The current map showing the situation at the beginning of turn 3
Last edited by olin0111 on Mon May 03, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
olin0111

Re: Game of the Polish Throne - campaign thread

Post by olin0111 »

Terrain types and Land (province) names

Terrain is all Northern European

1. Kraków: Agricultural, Hilly
2. Sącz: Wooded, Hilly, Mountains
3. Sandomierz: Agricultural, Wooded
4. Lublin: Agricultural, Wooded
5. Radom: Agricultural, Hilly
6. Sieradz: Agricultural, Wooded
7. Czersk: Agricultural, Wooded
8. Drohiczyn: Agricultural, Wooded
9. Płock: Agricultural, Wooded
10. Dobrzyń: Agricultural, Wooded
11. Bydgoszcz: Agricultural, Wooded
12. Gdańsk: Agricultural,Wooded, Hilly
13. Słupsk: Agricultural,Wooded, Hilly
14. Kołobrzeg: Agricultural, Wooded
15. Wolin: Agricultural, Wooded
16. Lubusz: Agricultural, Wooded
17. Poznań: Agricultural, Wooded
18. Czarnków: Agricultural, Wooded
19. Gniezno: Agricultural, Wooded
20. Kalisz: Agricultural, Wooded
21. Głogów: Agricultural, Wooded
22. Legnica: Agricultural, Wooded
23. Wrocław: Agricultural, Wooded
24. Opole: Agricultural, Hilly
25. Cieszyn: Agricultural, Hilly
Last edited by olin0111 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

Your Lordships!

Sharpen your swords, saddle your horses and take what is rightly Yours!

And please post your attack declarations by the following date :):

Imatson2527 - 23 Feb
Aetius39 - 24 Feb
Gfs26 - 25 Feb
Kronenblatt - 26 Feb
Olin0111 - 27 Feb

Remember that on the first turn everybody has 3SP to spend.

Please post your declaration in the following format:
Player A attacks Player B (or Foreign Power)
Type: Conquest/Foreign Invasion/ Raid etc.
Starting point: Land xx
Target: Land xx

In case of Foreign attack please specify the Foreign Power that is attacking or being attacked if needed. In case of a Grand Invasion please specify which provinces are part of the "bet". As an attacker you may also to specify if you are using any allies so the defender does not use the same army.

Examples:
Imatson2527 using Hungarian allies attacks Gfs26
Type: Conquest
Starting point: Land no. 24 (Opole)
Target: Land no. 23 (Wrocław)

Olin0111 as Lithuanians attacks Kronenblatt
Type: Raid
Starting point: Lithuania
Target: Land no. 8 (Drohiczyn)

Last but not least, as per rule 13.2 the Lands 17,18,19 are attacked by Władysław Odonic army that Władysław Spindelshanks (red) needs to repel or he will lose the province. Therefore, these lands cannot be attacked nor any attack can be made from them. As a reminder I marked these provinces with the sword icon. A person playing Kazimierz of Opole (green) takes control of Władysław Odonic army. In our case it will be a battle between Imatson2527 and me where I am playing as a defender.

Map showing situation on turn 1:
Last edited by olin0111 on Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
imatson2527
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by imatson2527 »

Turn 1: Imatson2527

Imatson2527 using Hungarian allies attacks Olin0111
Starting point: Land no. 25 (Cieszyn)
Target: Land no. 2 (Sacz)

Taking advantage of the chaos caused by the invasion of Władysław Odonic on his uncle Władysław Spindleshanks lands, Kazimierz of Opole and his Hungarian allies will attempt to conquer the region of Sacz, paving the way toward solidifying his position in southern Poland.
Aetius39
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Aetius39 »

Turn 1: Aetius39

Aetius39 using galacians (?) allies attacks Kronenblatt

Starting land: #4 Lublin
Attacking: #8 Drohiczyn

ok are there allies for me in the Duchy of Galicia? If not, I'll go pure pole.^^
Creator of "There Can Be Only One" tournaments in Field of Glory 2.
gfs26
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by gfs26 »

Turn 1: Gfs26

Gfs26 using Bohemians allies attacks Imatson2527

Starting point: Land no. 23 (Wroclaw)
Target: Land no. 24 (Opole)

In order to counter the attempt of expansion of Kazimierz of Opole, the polish forces commanded by Henry The Bearded (with the help of Bohemian foreign power) start an invasion of their land.
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

Aetius39 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:30 pm Turn 1: Aetius39

Aetius39 using galacians (?) allies attacks Kronenblatt

Starting land: #4 Lublin
Attacking: #8 Drohiczyn

ok are there allies for me in the Duchy of Galicia? If not, I'll go pure pole.^^
Yes you can you allies from the Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia :). If you border a particular Foreign Power and your opponent is not using its help in the same battle you can use them on your side. The Foreign Power stops being available as an ally until the rest of the turn after somebody decides to raid or attack using them (Foreign Raid / Foreign Invasion in the rules). Everyone can use their help up to this point. Let me know if something is not clear.
kronenblatt
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kronenblatt »

Turn 1: kronenblatt

kronenblatt using Lithuanian allies attacks Olin0111
Starting point: Land no. 11 (Bydgoszcz)
Target: Land no. 6 (Sieradz)
Last edited by kronenblatt on Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
kronenblatt's campaign and tournament thread hub:

https://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108643
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:30 am Yes you can you allies from the Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia :). If you border a particular Foreign Power and your opponent is not using its help in the same battle you can use them on your side. The Foreign Power stops being available as an ally until the rest of the turn after somebody decides to raid or attack using them (Foreign Raid / Foreign Invasion in the rules). Everyone can use their help up to this point. Let me know if something is not clear.
Questions on the same topic:

1. Now that I'm using Lithuanians as allies in my attack against you (sorry about that, but our internal score is strongly in your favour for Medieval... 8), can I also use Lithuanians as allies in my defense against Aetius39?
2. Can allies be used at all when defending, under which circumstances?

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

kronenblatt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:46 am
olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:30 am Yes you can you allies from the Duchy of Galicia-Volhynia :). If you border a particular Foreign Power and your opponent is not using its help in the same battle you can use them on your side. The Foreign Power stops being available as an ally until the rest of the turn after somebody decides to raid or attack using them (Foreign Raid / Foreign Invasion in the rules). Everyone can use their help up to this point. Let me know if something is not clear.

1. Now that I'm using Lithuanians as allies in my attack against you (sorry about that, but our internal score is strongly in your favour for Medieval... 8), can I also use Lithuanians as allies in my defense against Aetius39?
Yes, as per 9.1 (Allies) you can use them multiple times for attack and defense as long as they are not used by your oponent in this battle. But since you're the attacker you have the initiative and you choose first which ally to use. When you're setting up a battle ask your oponent if they use any other ally available to them.

So in your case you can use Lithuanians as allies both in a defense against Aetius39 and in your attack against me. And I'll be able to use any other allies available to me (Germans, Danes).

EDIT: I can also use Hungarians against you since I was also bordering them at the beginning of the turn.

The only Foreign Power that has a limit of "uses" is Teutonic Order. The number of battles they can support is dependent on the number of their territories.
Yes. Again as per 9.1 Foreign Power can be used in any battle if you border them and your oponent is not using them in this battle.

Last but not least, as I already wrote in my previous post, please remember that once somebody declares Foreign Raid or Foreign Invasion with a particular Power from that point until the end of the turn nobody can use this Power as an ally. In your example if somebody declared Foreign Invasion using Lithuanians after Aetius attack but before your attack on me you could use them in defense against Aetius but not in attack on me. Aetius attack would be before Lithuanians escalated the situation and started being an active aggressor. In other words, players initiative order matters.
Last edited by olin0111 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:10 am
kronenblatt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:46 am

Yes, as per 9.1 (Allies) you can use them multiple times for attack and defense as long as they are not used by your oponent in this battle. But since you're the attacker you have the initiative and you choose first which ally to use. When you're setting up a battle ask your oponent if they use any other ally available to them.

So in your case you can use Lithuanians as allies both in a defense against Aetius39 and in your attack against me. And I'll be able to use any other allies available to me (Germans, Danes).

The only Foreign Power that has a limit of "uses" is Teutonic Order. The number of battles they can support is dependent on the number of their territories.
Yes. Again as per 9.1 Foreign Power can be used in any battle if you border them and your oponent is not using them in this battle.

Last but not least, as I already wrote in my previous post, please remember that once somebody declares Foreign Raid or Foreign Invasion with a particular Power from that point until the end of the turn nobody can use this Power as an ally. In your example if somebody declared Foreign Invasion using Lithuanians after Aetius attack but before your attack on me you could use them in defense against Aetius but not in attack on me. Aetius attack would be before Lithuanians escalated the situation and started being an active aggressor. In other words, players initiative order matters.
OK, thanks: then I know.

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

One more thing about setting up a battle as I may not have phrased it entirely clearly in my previous post. Usually it's going to be the defender who sets up a battle. Therefore, they will choose the terrain (out of available ones in a province) and any remaining available ally if they so wish. In case you can choose the terrain as the attacker you can set up the game and ask your oponent if they want to use any allied army. As a reminder, the attacker chooses the terrain only in case of Prussian or Mongol raid.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:51 am One more thing about setting up a battle as I may not have phrased it entirely clearly in my previous post. Usually it's going to be the defender who sets up a battle. Therefore, they will choose the terrain (out of available ones in a province) and any remaining available ally if they so wish. In case you can choose the terrain as the attacker you can set up the game and ask your oponent if they want to use any allied army. As a reminder, the attacker chooses the terrain only in case of Prussian or Mongol raid.
Thanks! I'll be sure to do a Mongol raid upon Aetius39 in due course...

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

Władysław Spindleshanks retaliates against unlawful and unjust invasion of Bolesław The Chaste

Olin0111 with Hungarian allies attacks Aetius39
Starting point: Land no. 1 (Kraków)
Target: Land no. 5 (Radom)
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

Summary of battles for turn 1:

1. Władysław Odonic invasion of Greater Poland
Imatson2527 attacks Olin0111
Target: Land no. 17,18,19 (Poznań, Czarnków, Gniezno)

2. Imatson2527 using Hungarian allies attacks Olin0111
Starting point: Land no. 25 (Cieszyn)
Target: Land no. 2 (Sacz)

3. Aetius39 using Rus allies attacks Kronenblatt
Starting point: Land no. 4 Lublin
Target: Land no. 8 Drohiczyn

4. Gfs26 using Bohemian allies attacks Imatson2527
Starting point: Land no. 23 (Wroclaw)
Target: Land no. 24 (Opole)

5. Kronenblatt using Lithuanian allies attacks Olin0111
Starting point: Land no. 11 (Bydgoszcz)
Target: Land no. 6 (Sieradz)

6. Olin0111 with Hungarian allies attacks Aetius39
Starting point: Land no. 1 (Kraków)
Target: Land no. 5 (Radom)

Defenders, please set up the battles, pick the terrain and (if you wish) allies out of those available - i.e. the ones that you share border with and are not used by the attacker. There were no Foreign Raids or Invasions declared so all Foreign Powers can support players for the entirety of the turn.

The battles will be played simultaneously and should be resolved by 19 Mar at the latest.
EDIT: Please report the outcome of the battles in Digital League Format (Example: Player A beat Player B 50-25)

Please remember to use "A Game of the Polish Throne v1" module when setting up the battles.

Also, as a reminder, no map rerolls will be made. Let the chips fall where they may!

Good Luck and Have Fun!
olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

I set up the games where I am defender (1,2,5).
PW: Spindle
Last edited by olin0111 on Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:53 pm I set up the games where I am defender (1,3,5).
1,2, and 5, right?

olin0111

Post by olin0111 »

kronenblatt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:04 pm
olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:53 pm I set up the games where I am defender (1,3,5).
1,2, and 5, right?
Yeah, sorry about that :oops: I edited the original message.
kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

3. Aetius39 using Rus allies attacks Kronenblatt and Lithuanian allies

now set up, with password GOPT

PM sent.

kronenblatt

Post by kronenblatt »

olin0111 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:53 pm I set up the games where I am defender (1,2,5).
#5 picked up and deployed.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Medieval - Tournaments & Leagues”