My Main Complaint

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
stenner
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

My Main Complaint

Post by stenner »

I have 4 hours in battlesector, I did the tutorial and am up to the third campaign mission. I have one glaring issue that has caused me to stop playing in the interim.

It seems like, and I've never played tabletop but it seems like units don't gain xp or track kills. They just get a badge that says which missions they've gone on. to me this makes the units highly replaceable.

I am going to take a break from Battlesector for a bit until I can find a mod or something that adds levels and xp or some similar mechanic, or maybe the badges they "earned" do something? I'm honestly not 100% but I couldn't find a tool tip for it. Hence the assumption and this post.

I greatly look forward to dlc and any improvements, and once I get over myself I'll likely pick it back up and continue to enjoy the game you've presented us.

Thank you for the effort, I'm glad I got the game but I just came from Panzer Corps 2, and it probably spoiled me. Thanks again.
Galdred
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: My Main Complaint

Post by Galdred »

It looks like a badly missed opportunity indeed, because marines should not be thrown away (they are supposed to be difficult to recruit and train after all!), and it makes your actions carry much less weight (and growing attached to your roster has always been part of the appeal).

Even something as simple as Final Liberation (which was pretty similar to the badges, where an unit would get overall stat increase just by taking part in more battles) or Chaos Gate would add a lot.
It felt like playing Dawn of War 2 campaign to me, with its endless supply of trivial-to-replace marines.
ScottWashburn
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ScottWashburn »

Yes, that feature (or lack of it) came as quite a surprise.
Bee1976
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Bee1976 »

The veterancy system that came along with the last update improves this a little. But with many units coming late in the campaign i.e. sisters or death commandos its not a perfect solution. Maybe with a longer campaign (further dlcs ?) it will have more impact. but as mentioned i consider the veterancy system as a big(not perfect) improvement.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”