This tutorial is very poorly designed and frustrating

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war. Experience every bone-rattling explosion and soul-crushing charge in Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector, the definitve battle-scale game of turn-based strategy and fast-paced combat that takes you to the battlefields of the 41st Millenium.
FroBodine
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

This tutorial is very poorly designed and frustrating

Post by FroBodine »

Here is what I wrote in the Steam forums. Hopefully the developers are going to be active there, because it gets a LOT of traffic and lots of folks have questions.

This tutorial is WAY too vague
How can you design a tutorial that doesn't explain exactly what you are supposed to do, then make sure you actually do it correctly? Well, this game did it.

I am at the step where you are asked to have the Sanguinary Priest use their command point to use the Assault Cannon Strike. Well, I can't get it to work. No matter what hex I click on, nothing happens. I even moved the Priest down the hall with the rest of the soldiers, but I still can't get this command point action to work.

How is this supposed to work, please? I guess I need a tutorial on how to use this shoddy tutorial. I have tried four times now, and still cannot get the Priest to use this command action in this first tutorial!

Ok, now I'm on tutorial two, even though I never completed the step that wanted me to use my command point to use the assault cannon strike.

This tutorial is just as bad. One of the MAJOR problems with this game's tutorials is that the informational text that tells you what to do only stays on screen for a few seconds, then it goes away! What?!? This text needs to stay on the screen until the action has been completed.

In tutorial 2, I have no idea what it's trying to tell me about the unit that is too far away to get into combat, but can affect the battle in some way. What the heck am I supposed to do here? What is a Synaptic Unit? None of the units on the map are called "Synaptic Units". Where are they and how do I use them like the tutorial is trying to tell me?

How can a tutorial be designed so poorly?

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Battlesector”