Comments on beta

Moderator: Pocus

Post Reply
Swuul
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Comments on beta

Post by Swuul » Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:44 pm

So far so good, everything seems to be working.

One question though. I was under the impression the various missions were checked, and I am quite happy with them except that one bugging thing. The Roman mission "Conflict of orders" (the mission which simulates the friction caused by the plebs wanting more power) still has that insane requirement of "get Loyalty in Latinum to 110". I know in Spinal Tap they went to 11, but it I have never even got to over 90 in Latinum (due to the samnite raids, the inevitable plagues and epidemics hitting, and the ever increasing population) during the early game. In fact, if we disregard the raids, the plagues and the epidemics, it is *still* almost impossible to get Loyalty to even 90 in Latinum during the first 40 turns of the game (the event will fire before turn 20, and it has a 20 turn limit to be completed). Getting over 100 would require all population working in Culture *and* some beneficial event being in effect. Yes, in *theory* it is possible to reach 110, if you play constantly, recruit your children to play constantly, and tell their children to play constanty, and maybe somebody would see Loyalty get to 110 before turn 40 in the umpteenton attempts it would have required (two beneficial events at effect at the same time, no samnite raids happening, no plagues or epidemics going on, population at max 10, everybody working in Culture, nobody starving due to everybody working in Culture).

Could it be possible to take a look at the conditions for the mission?
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Swuul
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Swuul » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:49 pm

I just conquered Arnus from Ertruria, and checked what could be built instead of the washerhouse the AI had been building for some lord know which reason.

To my surprise I would be able to build Campus Martius!? Is this really Rome?

https://i.imgur.com/DPH9zkX.jpg

EDIT: On following turn I got the option to build it in my other cities too, so apparently this recently conquered city just happened to be the early bird due to some random freakiness.
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Swuul
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Swuul » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 am

The conditions for Kolchis mission "Rebuilding the old citadel of Kartli in Lacyzia" could be looked at? It is not an impossible mission, as I have actually completed it once in about 20 starts with Kolchis, but it is not something you can expect to complete even every few games no matter how hard you try. It is hard to fulfil the conditions to actually build the fort if the random number generator just don't want you to be able to build the fortress no matter if you reshufle the build queue 20 times...
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 2846
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Pocus » Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:48 am

Thanks, I'll look at these issues!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Swuul
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Swuul » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:11 pm

https://i.imgur.com/wLnJSKY.jpeg

Republic Rome can build the Royal Court. I guess it should be possible only when Rome is a Kingdom or once it has become an Empire?
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 2846
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Pocus » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:22 am

Swuul wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:49 pm
I just conquered Arnus from Ertruria, and checked what could be built instead of the washerhouse the AI had been building for some lord know which reason.

To my surprise I would be able to build Campus Martius!? Is this really Rome?

https://i.imgur.com/DPH9zkX.jpg

EDIT: On following turn I got the option to build it in my other cities too, so apparently this recently conquered city just happened to be the early bird due to some random freakiness.
It is not geographically bound, only restricted to being a Rome national wonder. Just in case the capital is not Latium. Now it could have required to be placed in a capital region admittedly.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 2846
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Pocus » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:26 am

Swuul wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 am
The conditions for Kolchis mission "Rebuilding the old citadel of Kartli in Lacyzia" could be looked at? It is not an impossible mission, as I have actually completed it once in about 20 starts with Kolchis, but it is not something you can expect to complete even every few games no matter how hard you try. It is hard to fulfil the conditions to actually build the fort if the random number generator just don't want you to be able to build the fortress no matter if you reshufle the build queue 20 times...
Now a wall level 3 will also work.

Conflict of Orders requirement lowered to 100.
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 2846
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Pocus » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am

Swuul wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:11 pm
https://i.imgur.com/wLnJSKY.jpeg

Republic Rome can build the Royal Court. I guess it should be possible only when Rome is a Kingdom or once it has become an Empire?
A bit tricky to pull out ...
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

Swuul
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Swuul » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Pocus wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:26 am
Swuul wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:53 am
The conditions for Kolchis mission "Rebuilding the old citadel of Kartli in Lacyzia" could be looked at? It is not an impossible mission, as I have actually completed it once in about 20 starts with Kolchis, but it is not something you can expect to complete even every few games no matter how hard you try. It is hard to fulfil the conditions to actually build the fort if the random number generator just don't want you to be able to build the fortress no matter if you reshufle the build queue 20 times...
Now a wall level 3 will also work.

Conflict of Orders requirement lowered to 100.
Excellent! Both are still hard to get (unless the RNG is smiling on you), but with effort they could/should be doable :)
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Swuul
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 359
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:44 pm

Re: Comments on beta

Post by Swuul » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 pm

Pocus wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:27 am
Swuul wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:11 pm
https://i.imgur.com/wLnJSKY.jpeg

Republic Rome can build the Royal Court. I guess it should be possible only when Rome is a Kingdom or once it has become an Empire?
A bit tricky to pull out ...
Then forget about it. It is not a biggie after all :)
There are three kinds of people, those who can count and those who can't.

Post Reply

Return to “FOG Empires Open Beta v.1.3.5”