Master of Magic Sequel/Remake Wishlist

Take up the role of a great wizard, wield powerful spells, command fantasy races and challenge your rivals in this remake of a cult turn-based strategy classic. Do you have what it takes to become Master of Magic?
Blake00
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Master of Magic Sequel/Remake Wishlist

Post by Blake00 »

So it's confirmed! We have a Master of Magic remake on the way!

I run the Master of Magic fan Facebook and Discord communities and everyone is already going bananas in them lol! I hope Slitherine shared with Muha the super MoM sequel/remake wishlist thread I and the communities put together on the Slitherine MoM classic forum. Cause if you guys are doing this without listening to the MoM fans I think you know from history how things will go lol.

Wishlist thread:
viewtopic.php?f=590&t=94518

No doubt people will want to post more here too. Although you're different companies so are MuHa staff watching the Slitherine forums for fan input? Cause if not then maybe the new MoM remake Steam forums are better... I notice MuHa have setup a discord MoM wishlist area too.

Blake's Sanctum - Master of Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!
Blake00
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Master of Magic Sequel/Remake Wishlist

Post by Blake00 »

One of the members on the Master of Magic fans discord just reminded me of another big thing to stick on the super wishlist thread I posted above.

- More music tracks! MoM is not usually a game people finish in 5 hours and never touch again.. more like 5 days or 5 weeks lol! Having only 1 track on repeat is super annoying. Sometimes there's a winning track and losing track that plays depending on whats going on but most of the time it's the neutral track! MoM actually has a whole bunch of other cool tracks for diplomacy and certain big events so I dunno if they could be expanded into new gameplay tracks. Once a big list of songs is there then the usual shuffle and list order play options along with volume controls would be advisable too.
Last edited by Blake00 on Fri May 14, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blake's Sanctum - Master of Magic: fan page containing pictures, vids, info, similar games & fan projects!
Blake00
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Blake00 »

I just found this on the MuHa discord. Glad to hear they've seen my super wishlist threads, that's a relief! :) They also give an official response on CoM and Seravy too:
Yuuki
there are soo many questions so sorry if we don't answer much :D, but I have seen questions about com and Seravy etc. we have asked the master for some help with ai, for which khash was very grateful, and in the future we will likely reach out more, his opinion is of course very important to us, but it is too early in the dev process to get outside involvement. (oh and yes, we have read all of the wishlists before we started, i think there was a question about that too) But anyway, I'd like to also state here again that our current design goals are to recreate the original (we have played com a lot too, some some improvements will surely be inspired by it as well) we plan to have extended modding tools, and after that we will see what we can add in dlc's. Anyway, that's some questions answered, I hope :smile: hit me with an @ for any burning ones I missed :wink:
zuzzu
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by zuzzu »

My biggest ask is for the AI to be really good, which of course means allowing the community to actively participate in its development... Possibly with the idea that individual wizards could be "programmed" in a certain way.
Jordox

Post by Jordox »

Events, spells or periodic refresh of monster layers. Nodes that may trune wild again. I like getting lots of treasure and I am sad when treasure locations run out.
Arent
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Arent »

Multiplayer.

Preferably as in Baldur's Gate 3 as LAN multiplayer.

I will buy the game anyway, but it would have infinitely more replayability if it were possible to play it with friends.
Blake00
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Blake00 »

Posted thios over in the original old wishlist thread but figured I'd do it here too. :)

I should take this opportunity to thank everyone who took part in this thread. It was actually quite a a lot of work for me to put it all together (I must have posted on like 40-50 different sites asking for wishlists haha) and for a little while I was getting no replies on some sites or just silly people arguing with each other and was starting to think whyyyyyyyy did I bother haha.. but it all came good in the end and I got so much feedback. Then of course the reward came when Yuuki confirmed that MuHa had been watching these threads and that everything we put forward was at the very least taken on board.

To those people who insisted that Seravy be involved I've got some inside gossip for ya (shared with permission lol). MuHa currently have Seravy (creator of Caster of Magic ) testing their latest MoM remake builds. He's been putting the game through it's paces and giving them feedback (no he's not 'CoMifying' it just incase someone thinks that and gets either hopeful or rage triggered lol, it's just testing). Also while nothing is guaranteed, if all goes well hopefully Implode (creator of MoM-Multiplayer Edition ) will also be included in one of the up and coming early beta testing waves. These 2 guys have spent the last 15 or so years pulling apart every little bit of MoM and remaking it in their own fashion for their respective projects. It's crazy to think of all the endless spells, buffs, attributes and assets these guys spent endless hours tinkering with and recreating over the years. All the little things the rest of us mere mortals have to go and look up on the MoM wiki site is probably burned into these guys brains so bad it'll haunt them in their dreams for all eternity haha. So who better to beta test and find bugs for MuHa! Due to being too busy and my computer being too old I can't take part myself but I take huge comfort knowing that these 'big guns' of the MoM modding community will be there to test and help spot issues. :)

Return to “Master of Magic”