This Sounds great!

Scramble: Battle of Britain is a simultaneous turn-based dogfighting game with dynamic flight physics. Shred your enemies in a 3D airspace by planning your flight path, executing spectacular maneuvers, and reviewing each planes’ movements at the end of every turn.
-pag-
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

This Sounds great!

Post by -pag- »

Scramble sounds great. I'll snap this up if you can build a solid a single player game.
I still play Achtung Spitfire, Over the Reich, and Flight Commander 2. These older classic WEGO flight sims were made by BigTime software. One strength of WEGO design is the ability to simulate wingman and squadron air-combat tactics, which can't be done properly in first person RT simulations.
Damascus
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: This Sounds great!

Post by Damascus »

I also still play AS! and OTR. Hope this game ISN'T anything like Check Your Six!, the biggest waste of money ever.
-pag-

Post by -pag- »

Yeah- its sad that Check 6 didn't work out. But I have high hopes for "Scramble". It should bring updated graphics and fully realized 3D aerial combat.
I do hope the developers take some time to look at AS, OTR and even FC2 for ideas and see what can work in a WEGO air combat. unfortunately running these classics requires dos box. I currently run them in a virtual PC running an earlier OPS.
vicco
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by vicco »

Hoping Scramble becomes the successor to the 3 games from BigTime software. Lost the disks of those 3 games when we moved house many years ago. :( Haven't found a game since to scratch that WEGO dogfighting itch. Also agree that Check Your Six! was a dud.

I backed a Kickstarter project called Blood Red Skies Digital Edition a few months ago. It looked similar to Sccramble. Unfortunately, the devs cancelled the project at the last minute.

Here's hoping Scramble is more successful.
Benedict151
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Benedict151 »

Fingers crossed on this one, I really miss the Big Time titles as I too no longer have the discs for them. Sigh

Ben

Return to “Scramble: Battle of Britain”