Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

LEFTHAND KNOCK-OUT GAMES - Results

Post by Triarii »

Left Hand Knock-out Results

Updated to 20th November
3/14 days remain; 16/16 results posted.

Right Hand section of Round of 16 is complete

Game 1 finished Armchair Heroes progress.
Game 2 finished Team Russia progress.
Game 3 finished Europe 2 progress.
Game 4 finished Qin progress.

The Quarter Finals should start by 24th November.
Games must be finished by 7th December.

Challenges for these games may be posted in the Challenge thread now but please note that the WTC rule regarding accepting challenges/returning turns applies from the 24th November.

Results should be posted in this thread.

If your Team is in this table please post your results here

Results should be posted by the winner.

Results should be in the format:-
Group ? Game?
Period ? Team name 1 loss xx vs Team name 2 loss yy

Left Hand KO fixtures.JPG
Left Hand KO fixtures.JPG (316.04 KiB) Viewed 1783 times
Questar17
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: LEFTHAND KNOCK-OUT GAMES - Results

Post by Questar17 »

Group 2, Game 2
Period 1 Team Russia- loss 4 vs Team NZ – loss 54

Despite of final score it was quite tactical and challenging game on open terrain in the centre and a lot of woods covering flanks of both players.
With a lot of troops hided in the woods, both players tried to not move the main forces forward trying some fancy attacks by skirmishers and LHA.

So as a result only after 10-12 turns of tactical movemenents left-right and back-forward, main forces of the parties started melee on my half of battle terrain.

Having more agile infantry and cavalry troops i created many flank manevoures to deal with Warg1 high quality troops (pikes, elephants, lancers) in the centre while on 6 unit vs 6 unit fight my heavy infantry by impact capability defeated quickly Warg1 medium infantry. So on final 3 turns of the battle, i scored about 50 points with a lot flanking, breaks effect all around.

The game was really tense with a result determined entirely on last turns

Cheers

Recorded
Last edited by Questar17 on Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Hi mates, please may you add few sentences when you report the result?
It could be very useful for me when I'm going to write the recap of the first KO phase round.

Many thanks

XLegione
TaBai
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TaBai »

Game 4,Period 3
Qin vs Polish Companions claim win according to the rule of 4 days with no response.

Recorded
Captainwaltersavage
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Captainwaltersavage »

Game 1 Period 4

Captain Savage German Imperial with Free Canton allies defeats kronenblatt Hungarian with Bohemian allies

Armchair Heroes loss 20 - No Nonsense Norse loss - 49

The armies met on a completely flat plain bounded by forests on two sides, from which both armies emerged. The plain was broken up by a large rough area (more or less in the centre) and it looked like we would both bring some medium troops to battle in the rough and some cavalry to fight on the plain. I missed my guess on how many cavalry the Hungarians would bring - they brought a lot more than I imagined. I was essentially facing a Mongol army and I had to throw away my initial plan. I realised if I stayed still, he would shoot me to death as well as getting round my flanks. I rushed him. Charging archers is always a gamble, and he did do a lot of damage to me on the way in. My mistake in not bringing enough cavalry, paid off in the melee, as my better quality foot troops chewed through his infantry. The flanks were a battle of manoeuvre; I won the right flank, but the Hungarians definitely won the left. The difference in the end was that I won the battle of the rough and my knights sergeants and mounted crossbows all found enough speed to chase down retreating archer cavalry. The Hungarians were very resilient and managed to rally multiple times but the Germans had the most luck in the combats. A great game with lots of chaotic charges. A great surprise for me to win when I did. Thanks to kronenblatt for a very exciting battle. Bravery awards go to my knights holding it together when it looked very grim, and my raw crossbows; who fought like demons, and shot like William Tell.

Recorded
ericdoman1
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by ericdoman1 »

Game 1 Period 4

Armchair Heroes defeats No Nonsense Norse 51 losses to 69 caused

The map had a wood on my left flank with a smaller wood on the left flank but 3 squares in. I was going to place some elephants to the front of the wood and cavalry on either side with the rest of the army in the wood. The elephants would have pushed forward and waited for supporting troops.
Instead I deployed all of the army on the open flank and centre. Iwar had lined up his Samnites in front of the wood on my left with 4 pike in the centre and 4 hoplites guarding his left flank. He 3 Italian Foot on each flank as reserves and 2 armoured cavalry and then a screen of LF. My plan was to mass up on his hoplites and turn into his pikes flanks while having an ellie , cav , HCH and MF bow slowing down his centre. I had place a pike block to guard my left flank.
Initially it was quite close 2 or 3 % in it. Then some major heroics from hoplites and a pike block, turned the tide as well as taking out my MF bow etc in centre. 2 of the big turning points was an Indo Greek general passing a test for being hit in the flank, after being hit in the front by a Veteran Samnite foot. It rallied to steady and managed to rout both of the Samnite units it face, otherwise it would have been routed as it would have been hit in the flank and rear. A Pyrrhic Pike gen, passed a test from being hit in the flank then managed to pass 4 or 5 tests when fragemented (It passed a test from being charged and then passed 2 more tests losing in combat. Question - Even though he "held firm" does he only need to have passed one of those tests to not rout). A disrupted Italian Foot was behind him so I was expecting him to rout with a good chance the Italian foot would also rout due to failing tests BUT the fragged pike block rallied to disrupted and the Italian foot now behind the flank of one of my mf rallied to steady. It charged my flank, fragging it, the pike unit then routs it and also the 2 mf bow to it's front.
On top of this Iwar rallied 4 units from rout to my none so winning was very pleasing but ruddy tough.

Recorded
El_Tomato
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by El_Tomato »

Game 2
Period 2 Team Russia- loss 39 vs Team NZ – loss 60

GaryS GG! It was amaising and drammatic battle!

The Indian army is positioned along the valley between two forests. Romans army in compact formation charged left flank and center of the Indians, which held a small hill in the middle of the valley. It seemed the Indians were doomed. But then the forces of the right flank came to the rescue and the Romans were surrounded. The left flank was destroyed, the center was crushed and the Romans occupied the hill. The front was turned 180 degrees. But the skillful actions of the forces of the right flank managed to finish off the battered forces of the Romans.

Recorded
Nosy_Rat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Nosy_Rat »

Game 2
Period 3 Team Russia - loss 8 vs Team NZ – loss 43

Recorded
MorkinTheFree
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by MorkinTheFree »

Group ? Game 3
Period 1 Wordl's Condotteiri loss 43% vs Europe 2 loss 61%

(MorkinTheFree defeated GMC Neon)

Recorded
lydianed
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by lydianed »

Group 1 Game 2
Period 2 lydianed vs Hidde

Armchair Heroes loss 15 vs No Nonsense Norse loss 48

Jewish hearts sank at the sight of the completely flat plain with no friendly or helpful terrain. Starting from opposite corners of the map, the two armies formed diagonal facing lines, the Romans keeping a knot of superior legions in the centre. To avoid the skirmishers, the Romans closed quickly but met fierce resistance from a couple of zealots who sold their lives dearly, buying time for their co-religionists to rout the Roman right flank and stall and eventually overcome the Roman left. The Romans showed their drill expertise and created some overlaps and flanking moves to keep their opponents guessing but the Roman attacks either bounced off or failed to dent the Jewish morale including some truly unlikely outcomes. RNG or divine intervention? At the death, the legions were still largely unharmed but the rest of the Roman force was in retreat.

Recorded
CyberHetman

Post by CyberHetman »

Game 4,Period 4
Polish Companions loss 6 Qin loss 51

Two little battles were fought. In the left battle my troops were more numerous and managed to encircle the enemy. On the right the elite dismounted Knights did not manage to defeat my spearmen defending behind the irrigation before the end of the left battle.

Recorded
w2512494748
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by w2512494748 »

Game 4,Period 2
Qin loss 12 vs Polish Companions loss 43

There is a forest on the right side of the map,a small piece of rough terrain on the left,and a hill in the center.
kraff has a lot of LF,I cooperated with the main line to defeat a few SK,and then the two sides flipped the line after 10-12 turns maneuver,The result was a head-on confrontation between the legions.With the breakthrough of the right wing cav,the game ended at 12-43.

Recorded
MarcoCato75
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by MarcoCato75 »

Game 3 Period 2
Europe loss 12 defeats World´s Condotteiri loss 43

The armies clash in a map with a big hill with some rough terrain in the middle of the map, surrounded by mostly plains and more gentle hills. The speed of the Persian horses helped to dominate in the early fases of the battle the center of the map and with his superior maneuverability and some arrows soon disrupted and destroy the sarmatian wings. The germanic warriors take more time, and their fierly charges and the consequent withdrawal of the persians horses helped to disorganized them and show their flanks. Finally the few persian cataphracts in the army tgive the coup de grace and the day was for the persians. By ahura mazda!

Great game and well played to my opponent :)

Recorded
Chherif

Post by Chherif »

Group 2 Game 2
Period 4 Team Russia loss 45 vs Team NZ loss 61

Warning! Attention! This is a preliminary result, but since the opponent has not been walking for a long time. I think he has accepted the result and does not want to continue. So I decided to post it now. But technically, the battle is not over yet

Recorded tbc
Blagrot

Post by Blagrot »

Game 3 Period 4

Europe 2 loss 35% - World Condotteiri loss 65%

A crushing infantry brawl this one, on my right some camels found their supporting foot swept away by baltic elites and were trapped in rough terrain, on the left concentrated fire from archers and crossbows broke camel units and left the Tuareg foot exposed to be ground down by spearmen. My centre had a rougher ride but kept it together long enough to be re-inforced by the flanks, thanks for a good game and chat.
Stew101

Post by Stew101 »

Game 1 Period 3

Stew101- Viking Ireland with Scots-Irish allies draws with Schmolywar - Viking Ireland.

Armchair Heroes loss 0 - No Nonsense Norse loss - 0.

This was always going to be a close game, with both the Armchair Hero's and the No Nonsense Norse fielding Viking Ireland lists.
Unfortunately the map for the game was both a help and a hindrance.
The map was essentially a narrow river across the map with both sides having great defensive hills and ridges on their respective sides.
The centre of the Armchair Hero's line also had a steep difficult hill, which was held by their superior medium infantry.
But they were stuck there, unable to advance against a strong line of huscarls.
Neither side could loose, but neither side could really take the initiative, without giving the opponent a huge advantage.
So I'm afraid this battle petered out, after some minor skirmishing.

Recorded
mr cholo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mr cholo »

Group 3 Game 3

Mr Cholo -Daialmies and Khorasan allies- (Europe 2) beats Zawzgrzyt -Frankish and Croatians allies- ( Wordl's Condotteiri loss)

Result:
Europe 2 Team loss 46 vs Wordl's Condotteiri loss 60

The battle was more equaly than result shows. There was a large hill just in the middle where mostly of frankis infantry was deployed. Dailamies left flank went directly to frankis right flank, both composed by calvary and in the valley while they hold the position in the valley, avoiding try to climb up the hill till the left flanking battle were ended. Daliami clavary (with amounts of luck) could start winning to the frankish calvary. In this moment, the whole frankish army chargued from the hill to the valley and they toke a clear advantage in my right flank, where a very though elephants unit could hold the possition against superior spear infantry lots of turns. I was surprised due to this movement and I was attacked in my weakness flank. The battle finished due to I could move my left flank to the centre and my right flank just before it was definitively broken.
It was a very exciting battle. Thank you so much for this battle!

Recorded
gort7078
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gort7078 »

Congrats Europe 2!
Good Luck the rest of the way!

Thanks to my teammates on World's Condotteiri!
we were throw together and played pretty darn well!
I salute you all!!!!
GCD

Post by GCD »

Game 4 period 1.

Qin lost 14 Vs Polish lost 50.

I met a real gentlemen on the battlefield. He agreed to abandon an unfair map. Then, we played a quick and bloody battle on a fair map. Thanks for his fair spirit.

Mazurek Dąbrowskiego!

Recorded
Triarii

Post by Triarii »

20th November
All games completed (before deadline of 23rd November

Teams Progressing are
Armchair Heroes
Team Russia
Playing Quarter Final - Game 1

Europe 2
Qin
Playing Quarter Final - Game 2

Challenges for the Quarter Final games may be posted now and games started.
Please do note that the WTC rule that a challenge must be accepted and turns returned within 4 days (or the game is liable to forfeit) will only apply from the official start date of this round.
That date is 24th November.
Games are to be completed by 7th December.

Results for these matches should be posted in this thread.
Left Hand KO fixtures-QF.JPG
Left Hand KO fixtures-QF.JPG (170.82 KiB) Viewed 1782 times

Return to “Archive”