Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

amenhotep13
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:29 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by amenhotep13 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:03 am

ElLobo wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:58 am
amenhotep13 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 pm
ElLobo wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 pm
I agree in most of all!!! and i hope slitherine is changing that stupid pointing system into a more rational one....
even like it´s done in soccer for example: 3 points for winning , 1 point for a draw...and of course 0 for loosing,....
and after 12 rounds....its done....probably two will need to play again each other as a match,...but how many will have the same points after 12 rounds!!!

keep it simple, keep it working....

and i think it would be fair, your opponent is off, so its a draw,...and still time to win!?

I think it´s more important finding a solution, then only complaining about!!!

I guess that this is not working, slitherine already knows!!!
Hello ElLobo,

I don't think a soccer like system (3-1-0 for win-draw-loose) will fit with a wargame tournament. We should take into account the fact that in a wargame there are many victories conditions and styles (decisive, major, low, draw,...) and if you are currently winning a low victory why risk a loss to win a better victory if anyway you will earn the same amount of points ?
Hello amenhotep,

but neither is fair or correct giving many points on killling units, this kills the speed of that game,...the points should have been set more on strategic objectives!!!
hunting each single unit on the map,...can be very annoying and gamechanging,...it does not make it more exciting, in my oppinion it makes the game more boring!!!
I want to play a war game with the speed and possibilities of the panzercorps2.... and not chess!!!
Hello ElLobo,

Agreed. When speaking of many sorts of victories i tought of... many sorts of objectives : taking or keeping towns or key places, rescuing some soldiers,... not only killing unities (which is the mean and not the goal)

Fudwuppel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Fudwuppel » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm

This tournament began on Tuesday, didn't it? I wonder why my opponent and I and half the participants cannot begin their rounds.What's going on, Slitherine? We all remembered the start date and were ready.

PaganCyC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by PaganCyC » Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm

Fudwuppel wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm
This tournament began on Tuesday, didn't it? I wonder why my opponent and I and half the participants cannot begin their rounds.What's going on, Slitherine? We all remembered the start date and were ready.
It should have showed up and been playable early Wednesday. What is the problem you are having? If the match appears but nothing happens when you try to start it, you may want to file a bug report.

Fudwuppel
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Fudwuppel » Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:11 am

PaganCyC wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm
Fudwuppel wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:54 pm
This tournament began on Tuesday, didn't it? I wonder why my opponent and I and half the participants cannot begin their rounds.What's going on, Slitherine? We all remembered the start date and were ready.
It should have showed up and been playable early Wednesday. What is the problem you are having? If the match appears but nothing happens when you try to start it, you may want to file a bug report.
I've done that.
The round's games appear but the 'Join' boxes are dithered. Nothing else is available. I cannot look at the map nor deploy my units.
It's only the second round, and for me this tournament is nothing but a burning outhouse.

karste70
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 12:21 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by karste70 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:45 am

Hello,

i want play!

first Round nothing, no game, second round no game too!

And now?

SiberianStorm
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:41 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by SiberianStorm » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 am

While we wait for the promised feedback, we should be more respectful to the work of Slitherine and Developers.

This tournament is not the only thing they do.
There is an army of singles players waiting for new patches, DLCs, platform support etc.
Prioritizing this tournament over other things in the backlog will be even more difficult if people overreact and disrespect the effort.
We should not be losing heroes outsofe of the battlefield.

This is an outstanding game and in addition to few good games woth great opponents we will get many new maps during this cup.
I like both new maps a lot and will wait happily for the new round and new map even if my current match does not go beyond round two.

We are all people and we should all be paying respect and gratefulness for each other’s work.

If anyone needs a match while waiting for their opponent, ping me with a message here and let’s play a game or two before November

Good luck in the cup everyone!

DarkBlueInk
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:56 am
Location: MASSACHUSETTS

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by DarkBlueInk » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:28 am

In round 2, I am now reaching the uncomfortable/unsportsmanlike situation where my opponents German forces have been eliminated and I have taken all but 1 of the victory hexes, and I am forced to sit until the last turn before capturing the final victory hex. My German defensive forces will fully defeat his attacking British units and be in that situation in probably 2-3 turns. This brings me to a few questions:

1) When on defense (i.e. German), since I already hold all of the victory hexes, will the game end if I eliminate all British units? Do I need to keep one on life support?

2) There is no reason for my opponent to continue "playing" as the Germans since I hold all victory hexes and supply hexes, and I have eliminated his units. Am I at the mercy of my opponent to keep advancing the turns so that I can maximize my score?

3) Question for ANYONE AT SLITHERINE: I saw that the scoring revision will be ready for round 3. Will that change be applied retroactively to rounds 1 & 2?

bendtheknee
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:56 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by bendtheknee » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:35 am

SiberianStorm wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:19 am
While we wait for the promised feedback, we should be more respectful to the work of Slitherine and Developers.

This tournament is not the only thing they do.
There is an army of singles players waiting for new patches, DLCs, platform support etc.
Prioritizing this tournament over other things in the backlog will be even more difficult if people overreact and disrespect the effort.
We should not be losing heroes outsofe of the battlefield.

This is an outstanding game and in addition to few good games woth great opponents we will get many new maps during this cup.
I like both new maps a lot and will wait happily for the new round and new map even if my current match does not go beyond round two.

We are all people and we should all be paying respect and gratefulness for each other’s work.

If anyone needs a match while waiting for their opponent, ping me with a message here and let’s play a game or two before November

Good luck in the cup everyone!
the most frustrating is that this scoring problem was already pointed out in the previous tournaments ... but indeed I am more impatiently awaiting the fix of patch 1.02 (the worst patch ever deploy)

Matze65
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Matze65 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:51 am

DarkBlueInk wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:28 am
In round 2, I am now reaching the uncomfortable/unsportsmanlike situation where my opponents German forces have been eliminated and I have taken all but 1 of the victory hexes, and I am forced to sit until the last turn before capturing the final victory hex. My German defensive forces will fully defeat his attacking British units and be in that situation in probably 2-3 turns. This brings me to a few questions:

1) When on defense (i.e. German), since I already hold all of the victory hexes, will the game end if I eliminate all British units? Do I need to keep one on life support?

2) There is no reason for my opponent to continue "playing" as the Germans since I hold all victory hexes and supply hexes, and I have eliminated his units. Am I at the mercy of my opponent to keep advancing the turns so that I can maximize my score?

3) Question for ANYONE AT SLITHERINE: I saw that the scoring revision will be ready for round 3. Will that change be applied retroactively to rounds 1 & 2?
to 1)
I think not, since the goal lies in the conquest of the victory hex fields.

to 2)
I think this is the problem! It was never properly communicated that for the maximum score the full number of rounds to complete. Possibly, therefore, most do not even know that they lose points if they do not play to the end. Even if it is frustrating to play the last rounds just by finishing. But everybody should be aware that even if you are defeated you will get at least 25 points per round. This should be communicated publicly to all participants.
Unfortunately, I also made the mistake in the current game (click error) to take the last victory hex in the 10 round. Unfortunately so 625 points given away. Be it so. The question is would my opponent have continued? After all, he also defeated me as an ally in turn 10 and ended the game. So he also gave away 625 points.

to 3)
Would be nice - but I don't believe it!

Matze65
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Matze65 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:03 am

DarkBlueInk wrote:

In round 2, I am now reaching the uncomfortable/unsportsmanlike situation where my opponents German forces have been eliminated and I have taken all but 1 of the victory hexes, and I am forced to sit until the last turn before capturing the final victory hex. My German defensive forces will fully defeat his attacking British units and be in that situation in probably 2-3 turns. This brings me to a few questions:

1) When on defense (i.e. German), since I already hold all of the victory hexes, will the game end if I eliminate all British units? Do I need to keep one on life support?

2) There is no reason for my opponent to continue "playing" as the Germans since I hold all victory hexes and supply hexes, and I have eliminated his units. Am I at the mercy of my opponent to keep advancing the turns so that I can maximize my score?

3) Question for ANYONE AT SLITHERINE: I saw that the scoring revision will be ready for round 3. Will that change be applied retroactively to rounds 1 & 2?
to 1)
I think not, since the goal lies in the conquest of the victory hex fields.

to 2)
I think this is the problem! It was never properly communicated that for the maximum score the full number of rounds to complete. Possibly, therefore, most do not even know that they lose points if they do not play to the end. Even if it is frustrating to play the last rounds just by finishing. But everybody should be aware that even if you are defeated you will get at least 25 points per round. This should be communicated publicly to all participants.
Unfortunately, I also made the mistake in the current game (click error) to take the last victory hex in the 10 round. Unfortunately so 625 points given away. Be it so. The question is would my opponent have continued? After all, he also defeated me as an ally in turn 10 and ended the game. So he also gave away 625 points.

to 3)
Would be nice - but I don't believe it!

DarkBlueInk:
Sorry with the multiple post. Didn't understand about uploading the post right away.

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by a432 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 pm

Extra Extra!

Reports from the Front!
encircle.jpg
encircle.jpg (792.56 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Our southern group is sending out an emergency distress call!

The enemy has overwhelmed our position and encircled our hill top! Our Anti-Tank element has exhausted all of its ammo. The Italian armored element covering our flank has surrendered! High Command we request immediate assistance, over!

General Mohsel
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by General Mohsel » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:14 pm

Geetings,
I've been trying for a while to find out how my opponent manages to get three times as many points in game two (round two, El Alamein), even though my opponent has lost all units and I'm only one victory hex missing to win.
I hope that there is a logical reason for this, I cannot find out from the results of other players how my opponent can still manage to beat me on points even though he was practically defeated on the field.

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by a432 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:07 pm

This is High command. Request approved.
Proceed North for assistance.
One element of anti-tank and armored are on route from center group. You must hold until reinforcement arrive
Air Support is scheduled for 0700, over!
Attachments
breakout.jpg
breakout.jpg (618.34 KiB) Viewed 145 times

Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Lifever » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:51 pm

a432 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:07 pm
This is High command. Request approved.
Proceed North for assistance.
One element of anti-tank and armored are on route from center group. You must hold until reinforcement arrive
Air Support is scheduled for 0700, over!
Die Meldung erwärmt uns die stark abgekühlten Herbstnächte in den bayrischen Alpen.

Italiener haben das Zentralmassiv erreicht, ihre inferiore Panzerwaffe wurde im Abwehrkampf ehrlich aufgerieben und zerschlagen. Bravo - Das übertrifft unsere kühnsten Erwartungen!

An ihnen konnte sich der Gegner die Hörner abstoßen - Frohen Mutes hält er weiter darauf - verschleißt seine erfahrenen Mannschaften und der sicher geglaubte Sieg rinnt ihm wie Sand durch die Finger.

Er scheint die Macht deutscher Wertarbeit massiv zu unterschätzen - hält dem meisterlichen STUG selbstfahrende Zeltaufbauten ganz im Stile der Region entgegen, sodaß man hier lediglich den Optimismus bewundern kann

In Erwartung baldiger Kunde des unabwendbaren Triumphs - sehr gut & weiter so!

FritzchenEK-I
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:40 am

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by FritzchenEK-I » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:08 pm

Lost the game turn 3 as the allied attacker

Crushed axis Def instead of dragging it out

Now what?
Will my opponent go through all the turns looking at fog of war in the desert?

Request assistance

Bagatrix1805
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Bagatrix1805 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:03 pm

I posted this on another topic board first ,
What is wrong with this picture . I won the British side of the matches (still playing as the Germans) in turn 8 all German units are killed everything is captured and i only lost a handful of units but my opponent won on the scores please justify this as i cant figure out the system.
In fact i won both the polish games, but lost on points. won as the brits and lost on points , this tournament is loosing my interest , especially when not playing awards the opponent 2000

For a tournament to work, it should award the victor the most points, not the loser.
If there were more scenarios like in the old game , I would probably not bother playing the tournament but it seems the only way to play against other people .

Final question to Slitherine why is it you can make the FOG tournaments scoring work but you make a complete hash of this tournament?

tkrysiak
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:18 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by tkrysiak » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:29 pm

Bagatrix1805 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:03 pm
I posted this on another topic board first ,
What is wrong with this picture . I won the British side of the matches (still playing as the Germans) in turn 8 all German units are killed everything is captured and i only lost a handful of units but my opponent won on the scores please justify this as i cant figure out the system.
In fact i won both the polish games, but lost on points. won as the brits and lost on points , this tournament is loosing my interest , especially when not playing awards the opponent 2000

For a tournament to work, it should award the victor the most points, not the loser.
If there were more scenarios like in the old game , I would probably not bother playing the tournament but it seems the only way to play against other people .

Final question to Slitherine why is it you can make the FOG tournaments scoring work but you make a complete hash of this tournament?
Objectives were mentioned at the start of the scenario: hold victory points. You get points each turn for holding points and for kills. There is no "winning" bonus currently.
So, with such a one sided scenario where Germans control all the points - your enemy controlled most points until you pretty much steamrolled him few turns later.
Do not worry, most people will have little points in this scenario playing as allies (unless they avail of cheezy tactics or have a really weak opponent)

Bagatrix1805
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:22 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Bagatrix1805 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 pm

tkrysiak wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:29 pm
Objectives were mentioned at the start of the scenario: hold victory points. You get points each turn for holding points and for kills. There is no "winning" bonus currently.
So, with such a one sided scenario where Germans control all the points - your enemy controlled most points until you pretty much steamrolled him few turns later.
Do not worry, most people will have little points in this scenario playing as allies (unless they avail of cheezy tactics or have a really weak opponent)
So why are some of the games at the top of the leader board clearly not weak players showing such an imbalance , where i see the allies have gotten more points over a thousand in some cases and have ended the game with more than the Germans, it is not logical, I won and yet i show as lost, why am i not getting victory points for the 7 remaining turns that are not played out as it came up as Allied victory so i could not count them? if that is the case that seems daft.

DarkBlueInk
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:56 am
Location: MASSACHUSETTS

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by DarkBlueInk » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:20 pm

Bagatrix1805 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 pm

So why are some of the games at the top of the leader board clearly not weak players showing such an imbalance , where i see the allies have gotten more points over a thousand in some cases and have ended the game with more than the Germans, it is not logical, I won and yet i show as lost, why am i not getting victory points for the 7 remaining turns that are not played out as it came up as Allied victory so i could not count them? if that is the case that seems daft.
Bagatrix1805,

There are 2 factors required to be near the top of the leaderboard.

1) As the attacking force, you must capture ALL BUT ONE of the victory hexes quickly and eliminate all of the enemy units. Once you capture the last victory hex, the scoring counter stops. This is the unsportsmanlike / cheezy behavior forced by Slitherine's flawed scoring mechanism. Slitherine has said it will be fixed starting in Round 3, but since they have given no information (STILL !!!) we are forced to assume the fix will not be retroactive to the first 2 rounds.

2) As the defending force, you must retain control of all victory hexes for the duration of the game.

Of course there are other tactics and strategies used by individual players that are employed to accomplish the 2 basic factors above.

Good luck!

PaganCyC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by PaganCyC » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:15 pm

Bagatrix1805 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:57 pm
So why are some of the games at the top of the leader board clearly not weak players showing such an imbalance , where i see the allies have gotten more points over a thousand in some cases and have ended the game with more than the Germans, it is not logical, I won and yet i show as lost, why am i not getting victory points for the 7 remaining turns that are not played out as it came up as Allied victory so i could not count them? if that is the case that seems daft.
I am an extreme case in terms of score, but I know I'm not the only one who made the same mistake...
[Disband all], sounds good to me. Oops, I just lost two stars of experience on all my units.
My reaction was more extreme than my mistake, I decided not to play out any more turns once I realized it. Dunno if I might have won with the experienced units, but I'm quite sure it would have been close and a heck of a lot more fun.

Post Reply

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”