Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

Adel77
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Adel77 »

Trepko wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 am Hello,

An idea to the devs to make the tournament a little more "alive" : could you publish some "fun" statistics about the tournament ?
Some examples:
- the fastest British victory in Al Alamein was achieved in turn XX by XXX
- XX% of Soviet players managed to hold at least 1 hex victory in Moscow battle
We don't need fun statistics! We need a working scoring! Look at this mess!!

T1 - got 2000 instead of 3k+ for no show - fell behind on scoring
T2 - got first vic hex T2 as allies, demolished the allies as axis - the game halted after few turns
I have proof (!!) by screenshots that I would have gotten the highest score in that round overall !! - 3400 pts
Got barely over 2000
WTF?

So you want a fun statistic that me and others can look at?
Do rub it in? How I was also cheated out of that?
I played every round close to fucking perfect to become the next champion!
Veteran players approved by screenshots how impressive results are

Now look at the scoreboard - funny huh? Opponent does not finish game

Now this happens again in turn 3
I wait for my opponent STAHLRAT to play on. He realized turn 3 he lost - he clicked through turn 4 without moving a unit - and now the game is H-A-L-T-E-D again.
I had 3 vic hexes as Axis at that time and had already repelled first axis wave as Russians. WTF?
Who tells him he needs to play on? Is it me? Do I have to drive to his house ans ask him nice?

My points are at the mercy of the loser of the game. Wait what? WTF?

Can you understand how extremly stupid that is?
In a strategy game!!! How hard can it be to get a system right that accounts for taken victory hexes fair

This tournament is atrocious. I would rather pay 100$$ entrance fee and have a fair contest than this shitshow
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Trepko »

Easy dude, no need to scream at me, I'm not the one who stopped playing. I totally understand the frustration of being prevented to play because of a leaver: I was also confronted to this situation in turn 2.

But the first ones to be blamed for are the players themselves (or more precisely the leavers), and not the devs.
Devs can make all the rules you want, they will never be able to prevent someone from suddenly stop playing.
Should leavers be kicked out of the tournament ? Yes I think (after 1 or 2 no-shows for example). It would "clear" things up.
But it won't solve the problem: it is completly possible to have someone who correctly plays the first 11 turns until March 22, and who suddenly doesn't play the last 12th turn.

About your concerns:
You're ranked 16th in the scoreboard at this time. And as you'll be granted with the remaining points if your opponent doesn't play, your ranking will probably be even better at the end of turn 3. This means that you will now only plays against players who correctly played their first 3 turns, and therefore the probability of playing against a leaver should be low.

It seems that being #1 in this tournament is the highlight of your life. Don't be afraid, if you're better than kleko, if you really are the best (and maybe you are), I can garantee you that you will be ranked #1 before turn 7. The point system (many points can we awarded if you really play well), and the matchmaking system (you play against the closest ranked person) allow anyone to catch up to his real ranking very fast, in 2 or 3 turns (as long as you don't face leaver, of course, but like I said before, with your ranking, from turn 4 you should not be concerned by leavers anymore).
Adel77

Post by Adel77 »

Trepko wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:01 am Easy dude, no need to scream at me,
Did not scream at anyone dude
Trepko wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:01 amIt seems that being #1 in this tournament is the highlight of your life. Don't be afraid, if you're better than kleko, if you really are the best (and maybe you are)
Highlight of my life is none of your concern, but nice of you to make it out that way. Wanna say I am a loser? Just say it
Me? Never said I m the best
I said T2 results would have been close or even the record result
Instead I got the same as no-shows.
Was opponent superstrong? Probably no, but it could have made up for T1 - now it is end of T3 and no improvement in sight !!

No wonder you can not relate to that. you got your points.
It is funny how you up on the scoreboard always make it out to be it is not the devs fault that you are in the lucky spot
But we down in the sewers can still make it. we only need to believe. 3000 points different - its not that much! You can make it if you try real hard
What is this? stalingrad? Most need to suffer through months of elite play to get in the spot you got because you got opponents that play to the end?
You were not so stupid as some to take victory hexes. What dumb losers - they took the last victory hex - hahaha - serves them righht eh?
Just believe and play on. I may not be the best, but deifnitely I am not fucking stupid to buy into this bullshit

It is solely the developers fault that the scoring does not account
You just guard their failures because they favour you. You are the only ones to defend it, read through the forum
everybody sees the flaws! look around!! everybody but you selected few up on the scoreboard
warrior230
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by warrior230 »

Doesn't sound like you're a looser, or for that matter even the best! From your tone and choice of language, just seems like you have a lot to learn....
Grow up man, and play like a gentleman. The rules are the same for everyone....just enjoy the challenge!
Adel77

Post by Adel77 »

warrior230 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:47 pm Doesn't sound like you're a looser, or for that matter even the best! From your tone and choice of language, just seems like you have a lot to learn....
Grow up man, and play like a gentleman. The rules are the same for everyone....just enjoy the challenge!
Only halfwits judge by language. Like judging a book by its cover. Judging somebody who is upset and talking down to that person just shows your poor social skill
Why do you even interject yourself? Ah I see - so you can tell somebody else to grow up and be a gentleman. Thats supposed to make you feel like a grown up hm? Does it work?

The rules are the same for everyone? WHAT RULES?
The challenge should be in the game, not outside of it
But you sure are challenged enough with yourself if you don't see the problem in the scoring on my examples

And I am no man... same as you, but for different reason
Adel77

Post by Adel77 »

Ah - somebody told me. He doesnt really mean "man"
Sleepywarrior230 just imitates his childhood hero
to become prez one day 20 years after retirement

Cmon man
Grow up man
Cmon man
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

@ Ideas to make this more lively

---

If you have to make a competitive event more lively, you already pronounced its heart and core dead.

The reason can be seen all over the MPT topics and in player reports.
No one is willing to tell a story if he feels cheated by the scoring. A story needs candid fun to flow by itself.
The only story in this tournament so far is reports of failure after failure and a huge flood of disappointment.
Yes - and some people kissing ass - but this is not a story, just their social routine to "go places".

Half of the participants can only be described as "gamers" in the worst way possible.
They are all too obvious bad losers that abandon their counterpart as soon as things don't go their way.
The fun is over for them, because their fun is solely based on their own fickle feeling of superiority.
They think a MP tournament is like a campaign run against the AI - just more rewarding because they can beat real people.

Now they are in trouble as soon as they face real competition.
They thought they are great due to many great players being cheated by the scoring system or being held back by getting paired with quitting half-strong losers.
Those losers show their true colors by laughing at competition that has obviously faced a severe penalty that would be the promoters job to remedy.
Those losers advocate for the scoring system to be ok as long as its shortcomings favors them. When they face reality, they quit.
Those losers will drag down the fun of other players in the upcoming rounds too because those other players will deal with a no-show from now on.

It is this showcase in lack of character that dismantles those losers as neither strategy players, nor thinking men - let alone real men.

I feel disgusted if this is the new Panzer Corps community and want no part of it.
Luckily it isn't!
There are also a lot who value and wish for a real competitive event, born out of care, passion and the will to improve by climbing a steep learning curve to the throne of hex strategy.

Now please keep wondering why this tournament doesn't become alive on its own as any competitive event either does by itself or it is doomed to fail by itself.
SteelTiger007
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by SteelTiger007 »

round 3 and no shows everywhere , SLITHERINE devs SUCK BIG MOOSE COCK....they should quit and get a real day job ,because they certainly ruined this tournament! the best players have STOPPED PLAYING , the leader board is a joke , and scoring is TOTALLY screwed after 3 rounds 90% of the players have been MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED From any chance of winning the title
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

WOW SteelTiger007! You may be right about the devs but since I must not have information that you do can you explain in detail how you arrived at your conclusion? What have the devs done to contribute to the no shows? By the way, I agree the no shows are a problem as my T3 opponent is MIA.
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

elementary dr watson, just do the math with the top 30 players at or above 6000 while the leader is at 9000 after 3 rounds removes 330 players from any chance to overcome more than 3000 points in the remaining rounds , even the players at 6000 have a slim chance to catch kleko at 9000 since he seems to understand the scoring better than the other top players , as for no shows thats the deal breaker because you get 2000 when you need to score more than 2500 to stay even with players playing, I am not playing since round 1 when I achieved 2 decisive victories and got less points then my losing opponent because of this asshole designed scoring system.. so I won 2 games and probably would have won many more but why play I was already 1200 points behind after the 1st round with 2 major victories!!!! the snake team needs to WAKE THE FUCK UP Victories matter and should be rewarded not nerfed so the loser doesnt cry ....
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

the only thing to make this event lively is Kleko leading the 1st 3 rounds is to see if he CHOKES and loses the title and thats about it
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

Each game now awards 500 bonus points to the winner AND they have fixed the penalty for winning early.
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

There is or was a penalty for winning early?
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

DukeBannon wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:18 pm There is or was a penalty for winning early?
Penalty is perhaps too strong a word, but prior to 3rd round winning before the final turn would not give the victory hex control points for the remaining turns. So someone taking the final victory hex before the last turn would lose out on points from the turns that were never played.
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

PENALTY IS EACTLY WHAT the devs wanted for early victories, REMEMBER THEY ARE WOKE , this is a participation tourny not a competition!!! no one really loses we are all playing in a sandbox and the retards have to get special treatment for not playing. now the devs think they fixed the problems they created and call out any who TELL THE TRUTH ,this tourny wont last 2 more rounds with only maybe 10 players able to compete for the title ...hey I got 2000 for not playing moved up 100 places LOL
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

PaganCyC wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:23 am Each game now awards 500 bonus points to the winner AND they have fixed the penalty for winning early.
POINT PROVEN the devs changed the scoring rules after the tournament started DUH!!! WHY NOT RESTART THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT OVER? they dont know how to run a tourny and TURNED OFF SO MANY PLAYERS FROM EVER ENTERING AGAIN pathetic
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

If my search is correct, 206 battles ended with a timeout. This is roughly 28% of the total battles. This is my first ever tournament so I'm not sure how to evaluate this result. Is this normal?
jimtracyii

Post by jimtracyii »

So the big score change only affects the players that actually get to play. So once again my opponent is MIA and I only get 2000 pts. What happened to the 500 for each win. I don't know about anyone else but in my world when an opponent does not show up he/she forfeits (i.e. loses the game/match). So then my question is where did my 500 pts for each win go to. A player should not be penalized for their opponent not showing up. Any way since this tournament is beyond broken I do not think I will be playing in any more tournaments put on by these guys. Thanks for trying though. I will still offer a free lesson on how to run a tournament of this size as I have run plenty of fair and successful tournaments in my time.
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

DarkBlueInk wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:22 am
a432 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:37 pm Here is another major concern, even when you know about the scoring problem you can still have issues.

What if your opponent surrenders early? They know there is no hope? And honestly who wants to just press end turn button over and over?

What if your opponent plays slow and as a result a default surrender occurs? Or a real-life issue prevents you from finishing this round?

These Problems could be addressed with a simple W/L system. Or some complicated coding to fix the current system...
The problem with a simple win/loss system is that you will not play against everyone. Would anyone be upset if I faced 12 no-shows, while you played against several of the most skilled players? How is that any more fair that the existing broken points system? There would likely be several who are 24-0, 23-1 or 22-2, so how would you crown a World Champion?

Let Slitherine fix the currently scoring problem. Hopefully they also provide a fix/solution for rounds 1 & 2 and we can all go back to playing the tournament instead of the constant complaining.
with 300 plus players no one expects to play every player!!! we all start 0-0 WINNING MATTERS more than losing so just using your swiss cheese scoring after 3 rounds you would have some separation ( 6-0 ,5-1, 4-2 ,3-3 , 2-4, 1-5, 0-6) and then just match the top with the top and the bottom with bottom DUH!!! NO POINTS REQUIRED no shows lose forfeit and so what if you got to be undefeated to be 6-0 you will be either playing a great player or another no show 6-0 seems ok Because then you can just cancel the no shows from further match ups and match the players that play, this is how you run a tourny fairly NO BODY WOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT SCORING AND IF THERE IS A TIE HAVE A ONE GAME PLAYOFF you dumb fucking morons
jamjam
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by jamjam »

I'm paired up with someone who has never played in any of the 1st 3 rounds. Can there be a rule to kick non playing players and can I get another opponent?

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”