Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

malic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by malic »

PaganCyC wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:41 am
malic wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 am Hi everyone. This is my first tournament and I am super excited to participate in it. Is there a limit on how many turns you can have in a day? Thanks
No, you can go at whatever pace you and your opponent can do.
Thank you!
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by Fudwuppel »

malic wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:00 am
Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:20 am Has anybody else picked up on this? Each round in this tourney is three weeks long. On the main tournament page the second round is slated to begin on 23 October - four weeks after round one began. :?
You sure? I thought it said the 13th.
You are correct. It is 13 October, not 23 October. Silly typo on my part.
Anyway, 13 October is 28 days after 15 September, which was my point.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

rexhurley wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:11 am
DarkBlueInk wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm Just remember when you are looking at the scoreboard that some (many?) of us are stuck at the bottom WAITING on our deadbeat opponent.
Or in my case someone who did six turns while the game was going in their favour now its reversed and I'm on top they havent done a turn for 4 days. PM's are met with stony silence, round 1 more than frustrating as you never catch this lost ground up in the points tally as has been shown numerous times in FOGD tourneys, sigh.
I am in the same boat unfortunately - I am afraid this happens to quite a few people...
karste70
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by karste70 »

GRRRRRRRR

I want play!

but nothing!
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

karste70 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am GRRRRRRRR

I want play!

but nothing!
I understand your frustration and disappointment the last tournament my second and third round games remained unfinished when my opponents stop playing !! why join a tournament and don't play. I suggest after this first round any non players be removed from the tournament . I hope your opponent joins in and you kick his arse : )
BRIANJONES17
bendtheknee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendtheknee »

I just finished my 15 laps at 2496 (under the nickname bubu13 I don't understand why I am registered under my old steam nickname ...anyway..) thanks Takashii for the game ;)

On German side the game was folded on turn 10, my opponent had no more units and I stayed in front of the last victory hex for 5 turns before taking it....very disappointing game experience for both of us but mandatory to score maximum points.
On Polish side the defense of byalistok as well as a counter offensive in the south of the river narew one well delayed my adversary.

I really appreciate being able to play on maps of single-player campaigns, congratulations for this nice work ;)

some improvement points:
- The point counting system, please do something ...
- Would it be possible to have a slightly more elaborate briefing on the elements of the game (prestige per turn, xp growing, etc..)
- I was lucky to have an opponent who played all his turns, and with the Swiss system I should now only meet players engaged. but falling on an opponent who does not play can make you lose 2-3 rounds (2-3 months) before enjoy the tournament.
bubu13
royalcid

Post by royalcid »

brianjones17 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:29 am some improvement points:
- Would it be possible to have a slightly more elaborate briefing on the elements of the game (prestige per turn, xp growing, etc..)
- I was lucky to have an opponent who played all his turns, and with the Swiss system I should now only meet players engaged. but falling on an opponent who does not play can make you lose 2-3 rounds (2-3 months) before enjoy the tournament.
I second that!
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

bendtheknee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm ...under the nickname bubu13 I don't understand why I am registered under my old steam nickname...
There is a game where no one has started with one of the players named bendtheknee. Could it be you signed up twice somehow?
DarkBlueInk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DarkBlueInk »

bendtheknee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm some improvement points:
Amen brother!
bendtheknee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendtheknee »

[/quote]

There is a game where no one has started with one of the players named bendtheknee. Could it be you signed up twice somehow?
[/quote]
probably a click error when wanting to look at the list of registrants, that had to register me twice ...sorry for this opponent
bubu13
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

bendtheknee wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:01 pm I just finished my 15 laps at 2496 (under the nickname bubu13 I don't understand why I am registered under my old steam nickname ...anyway..) thanks Takashii for the game ;)

On German side the game was folded on turn 10, my opponent had no more units and I stayed in front of the last victory hex for 5 turns before taking it....very disappointing game experience for both of us but mandatory to score maximum points.
On Polish side the defense of byalistok as well as a counter offensive in the south of the river narew one well delayed my adversary.

I really appreciate being able to play on maps of single-player campaigns, congratulations for this nice work ;)

some improvement points:
I concurr , I won both games decisively and i didnt know about holding off the capture of final objective for maximum points !!!BUT holding the objectives at least 3 for 15 turns and than see that my opponent got more points as a defender than I did was incredibly disappointing ,I am dropping out of the tournament because of the point system IS FLAWED BIG TIME
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

oh by the way GETTING 2000 POINTS FOR NOT PLAYING IS INSANE WHEN PLAYERS ARE WINNING BOTH SIDES GET LESS
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

SteelTiger007 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:20 am oh by the way GETTING 2000 POINTS FOR NOT PLAYING IS INSANE WHEN PLAYERS ARE WINNING BOTH SIDES GET LESS
MY NEXT OPPONENT WILL GET 2000 POINTS BECAUSE I WILL NOT SHOW UP
urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 »

SteelTiger007 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:22 am
SteelTiger007 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:20 am oh by the way GETTING 2000 POINTS FOR NOT PLAYING IS INSANE WHEN PLAYERS ARE WINNING BOTH SIDES GET LESS
MY NEXT OPPONENT WILL GET 2000 POINTS BECAUSE I WILL NOT SHOW UP
They said, on the ohter Forum, they will discuss scoring method. If they wont use win/lose system (where only that counts, who won, and not counts, how), the tournament is pointless.
histgamer
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by histgamer »

Really sucks that so many folks are no-shows. My opponent hasn't even started... just sitting waiting.
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

Strategically - there is no point in quitting the tournament NOW before the start of the next round.
I can respect and support emotional decisions - they make us human, but after the first hit in motivation it should be no effort to wait and see until the start of turn 2.
There is simply nothing to win or lose by quitting before that.

Also a threat to quit personally never encouraged anybody to comply in any request.
It more or less enforces a stance of ignorance by the other party.

---

We - as an elite playerbase - can only reiterate, that there will be some sort of solution - either by Slitherine or by own initiative.
So we communicate and wait for the opportune moment to make the most out of it.
Strategic excellence always finds a solution
Matze65

Post by Matze65 »

What I miss about this tournament so far is the non-existent communication with the opponent.
My player has stopped playing at the moment. Well, maybe he'll make another move.
In the next game I have the problem that I'm on business trip until 13.10.
That means I can only make my first move on 13.10.
I hope my opponent (whoever that is) in the 2nd round reads this. So do not panic from 13.10 it goes off then.
I hope for understanding.
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

Matze65 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm What I miss about this tournament so far is the non-existent communication with the opponent.
My player has stopped playing at the moment. Well, maybe he'll make another move.
I hope my opponent (whoever that is) in the 2nd round reads this. So do not panic from 13.10 it goes off then.
i understand your frustration with non communicating players a simple " hello i can play some turns now' is all you need to hear . The game is so much more enjoyable when your opponent communicates. you should be ok in the next game because it doesn't start until 13.10. i hope your opponent comes back to finish this game good luck : )
BRIANJONES17
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

Matze65 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:03 pm What I miss about this tournament so far is the non-existent communication with the opponent.

Of course the Real life should have priotity, so i think it would be nice to have a list for write that you are gone,...
Because your on duty, it doesn´t mean you quit playing!!
The missing possibility of communication is sad,...It is luck when you have an opponent that you can speak with,...
The chat from Panzer Corps 1 i prefer, in the multiplayer it appear first, before you can play you will need to read!!! but with PC2 is quiet bad, the older messages are deleted, and you do not see if someone wrote you!!
But neither the privat messages in here are n solution because not everyone is on this forum.
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

karste70 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:51 am GRRRRRRRR

I want play!

but nothing!
i said it soooo often,.....but when i read yours, i need to say again!!!

ggggrrrrrrrr

me tooooooo

i want to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”