Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ratprince
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 5th Place

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by ratprince »

Echoing the frustration. Zero turns played by my opponent. Didnt eve setup.

I am irritated that even at 2000 points for a no show, I am out of the tournament because I had no chance to get higher. No way to make up the 500-900 points the top bracket are racking up. It should absolutely just be wins/loss with maybe a point system tie breaker.

Was really hoping this would be awesome.
grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by grabbysnatch »

i feel the same, whilst i have gained 2000 pts-my opponnent never [played a turn or even set up to play - i feel as if i have not only missed the opportunity to enjoy a game against a live opponent, but am now a bit off the pace through no fault of my own. hopefully my next opponent will be fully engaged
SteelTiger007
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by SteelTiger007 »

I am 2-0 and 1744 points while 2000 is handed out to non players!!! so I should continue? I have a good chance of winning 4 games and be trailing dozen players that havent even played 1 turn getting another 2000 added to 2000 =4000 points for not playing!!!
urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 »

This system is just simply ridiculous. You lose if your opponent doesn't play. You lose if your opponent gives it up too early. You lose if you win too fast. I will play for the new maps and for the hope to play against good players a good game. But this is not atournament again, only lottery.
urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 »

And adding to my earlier post: you even can't play for 21 days if your opponent doesn't play. They should have kick non playing players after 3 days and pairing their opponents. Who reallay wants play can end the whole in 3-4 days easily.
urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 »

A little bit other: I just tried KARDS -a ww2 collectible card game. I had it in my library from a long ago, but didn't think it will be too interesting. I was wrong, it is really good and basically free. I saw there will be a tournament this year Q4. So if some wanna try it I can just advise it.
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

I know not everyone looks at the PzC2 multiplayer forum, so here is the link to a post I made about scoring and matchmaking. Please take a look and add comments:

viewtopic.php?f=665&t=107125
Cowboy00
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Cowboy00 »

My three weeks....sitting on the dack of the bay watching the time go away....
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

urbanov4 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:54 pm This system is just simply ridiculous. You lose if your opponent doesn't play. You lose if your opponent gives it up too early. You lose if you win too fast. I will play for the new maps and for the hope to play against good players a good game. But this is not atournament again, only lottery.
x 2 I have 1461 points 621 gained buy getting to 1 turn of major wins in both games then SSI General doesnt play and I am fooked. To be blunt a f**king joke as was unable to deregister from event start like I wanted to because of some technical glitch in the system that didnt give me that option grr
rexhurley

Post by rexhurley »

So the score is out I get an email saying the match is over yet there isn't one there automatically for the next round. Seriously?
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

ratprince wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:30 pm Echoing the frustration. Zero turns played by my opponent. Didnt eve setup.

I am irritated that even at 2000 points for a no show, I am out of the tournament because I had no chance to get higher. No way to make up the 500-900 points the top bracket are racking up. It should absolutely just be wins/loss with maybe a point system tie breaker.

Was really hoping this would be awesome.
Here is true frustration...
It's terrible that so many players had slackers who quit without the courtesy of notifying Slitherine.
A lot of players were awarded 2000 points because of this.I just missed the 2000 point threshold (1929 points) and I played every turn of both games, winning one of them.
Because of the 2000 point awards, I dropped from 40th position in the scoring to 105th. I don't know if I can even compete for a decent ending position now.
I am majorly pissed off over the scoring. If it weren't for the fact that I had committed myself to this tournament (unlike so many slackers and quitters) and my erstwhile opponents receiving the 2000 points (which I truly loath) I would just wash my hands of this and find something else to do.
Slitherine, you really failed on this one!
stephenhamley
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by stephenhamley »

Well my opponent didn't move so all I did was the initial setup as Geman. It looks like I was removed as no round 2 game apears. Bit poor.
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

stephenhamley wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:42 pm Well my opponent didn't move so all I did was the initial setup as Geman. It looks like I was removed as no round 2 game apears. Bit poor.
No one has gotten the next round matchup yet.
urbanov4
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by urbanov4 »

PaganCyC wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:28 pm
stephenhamley wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:42 pm Well my opponent didn't move so all I did was the initial setup as Geman. It looks like I was removed as no round 2 game apears. Bit poor.
No one has gotten the next round matchup yet.
Yeah, seems there are more problems than scoring method. Also no information about tournament and scoring from a long while.
SteelTiger007

Post by SteelTiger007 »

Lifever wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:22 am Strategically - there is no point in quitting the tournament NOW before the start of the next round.
I can respect and support emotional decisions - they make us human, but after the first hit in motivation it should be no effort to wait and see until the start of turn 2.
There is simply nothing to win or lose by quitting before that.

Also a threat to quit personally never encouraged anybody to comply in any request.
It more or less enforces a stance of ignorance by the other party.

---

We - as an elite playerbase - can only reiterate, that there will be some sort of solution - either by Slitherine or by own initiative.
So we communicate and wait for the opportune moment to make the most out of it.
Strategic excellence always finds a solution
"STRATEGICALLY" there is no point in CONTINUING this mickey mouse "tournament", tactically 50% of the players ARE NOT PLAYING and receiving more points
2000 than the actual players playing WAKE THE FUCK UP SLITHERINE!!!! WHO EVER DESIGNED THE TOURNY NEEDS TO QUIT AND GET A DAY JOB
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

I agree in most of all!!! and i hope slitherine is changing that stupid pointing system into a more rational one....
even like it´s done in soccer for example: 3 points for winning , 1 point for a draw...and of course 0 for loosing,....
and after 12 rounds....its done....probably two will need to play again each other as a match,...but how many will have the same points after 12 rounds!!!

keep it simple, keep it working....

and i think it would be fair, your opponent is off, so its a draw,...and still time to win!?

I think it´s more important finding a solution, then only complaining about!!!

I guess that this is not working, slitherine already knows!!!
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

Pfff! These tournaments are really awful

I say "these" because i just played the OOB tournament and i was unable to have an opponent on the 1st round. Fortunately i had one on the subsequents round, but preventing me to win the tournamnt of course with one less round

Now i am involved in the PC2 tournament and the first round has finished without any opponent for me again. And i don't know why but i scored 1000 pts without having played a single turn !!!...

Before begining a tournament you should verify that every body is present and that you have all pairs of players filled.
To be sure, you should send an email to each subscribed player, asking them to answer this mail in order to participate and you should remove all players not responding
This way you will be sure to have quite the good number of players

And above all else, it's a matter of behavior and respect between players...

regards,
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

amenhotep13 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:13 pm Pfff! These tournaments are really awful

I say "these" because i just played the OOB tournament and i was unable to have an opponent on the 1st round. Fortunately i had one on the subsequents round, but preventing me to win the tournamnt of course with one less round

Now i am involved in the PC2 tournament and the first round has finished without any opponent for me again. And i don't know why but i scored 1000 pts without having played a single turn !!!...

Before begining a tournament you should verify that every body is present and that you have all pairs of players filled.
To be sure, you should send an email to each subscribed player, asking them to answer this mail in order to participate and you should remove all players not responding
This way you will be sure to have quite the good number of players

regards,
Yup, it is shit, its been shit, and it will remain shit. They mentioned something about "working on some changes" like scoring but nothing changed from round one or previous toruney...
Rather disheartening tbh
amenhotep13
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by amenhotep13 »

ElLobo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 pm I agree in most of all!!! and i hope slitherine is changing that stupid pointing system into a more rational one....
even like it´s done in soccer for example: 3 points for winning , 1 point for a draw...and of course 0 for loosing,....
and after 12 rounds....its done....probably two will need to play again each other as a match,...but how many will have the same points after 12 rounds!!!

and i think it would be fair, your opponent is off, so its a draw,...and still time to win!?

Hello ElLobo,

I don't think a soccer like system (3-1-0 for win-draw-loose) will fit with a wargame tournament. We should take into account the fact that in a wargame there are many victories conditions and styles (decisive, major, low, draw,...) and if you are currently winning a low victory why risk a loss to win a better victory if anyway you will earn the same amount of points ?
ElLobo

Post by ElLobo »

amenhotep13 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:30 pm
ElLobo wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:17 pm I agree in most of all!!! and i hope slitherine is changing that stupid pointing system into a more rational one....

Hello ElLobo,

I don't think a soccer like system (3-1-0 for win-draw-loose) will fit with a wargame tournament. We should take into account the fact that in a wargame there are many victories conditions and styles (decisive, major, low, draw,...) and if you are currently winning a low victory why risk a loss to win a better victory if anyway you will earn the same amount of points ?
Hello amenhotep,

but neither is fair or correct giving many points on killling units, this kills the speed of that game,...the points should have been set more on strategic objectives!!!
hunting each single unit on the map,...can be very annoying and gamechanging,...it does not make it more exciting, in my oppinion it makes the game more boring!!!
I want to play a war game with the speed and possibilities of the panzercorps2.... and not chess!!!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”