Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by PaganCyC »

If winning as defender is supposed to get one 500 points at end of game, it isn't working:
Screenshot 2021-12-13 200702.jpg
Screenshot 2021-12-13 200702.jpg (21.12 KiB) Viewed 1661 times
markwatson360
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by markwatson360 »

SteelTiger007 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:37 pm the snake team DOESNT GET IT, threats from from edmon about who complains 'WILL BE BANNED" is sure way to kill this forum. As an American who lives by US constitution (Thank God for it) FREE SPEECH means free thinking ,anyone OPPOSED TO THIS is a communist. players are here to play not according to "lets hold hands and everybody gets a trophy" rules. the snake team RUINED THIS TOURNY ,not the players!!! they didnt address the no show issues because their goal was just to get as many to sign up regardless of participation. So now you have 50% of the tourny NOT PLAYING YET SCORING!!!! YO THIS IS STUPID,ADMIT IT ALREADY....reducing this event to the total bullshit swiss scoring system so players can watch points on a scoreboard is MORONIC. A VERY SIMPLE WON LOST RECORD IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE THIS TOURNY FAIR FOR EVERY PLAYER! ONE LAST COMMENT POLITICAL CORRECTNESS IS THE DEATH OIF FREEDOM. FUCK YOUR FEELINGS !!! and grow up face reality
Ban this idiot.
DukeBannon
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by DukeBannon »

markwatson360 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Ban this idiot.
Please do!
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

DukeBannon wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:17 pm
markwatson360 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:34 pm
Ban this idiot.
Please do!
Yeah, I have done.

It is always with some regret that I have to ban someone, but if you can't at least be civil then you don't have a place in our community.

As I said, I understand some of the frustrations of those taking this event very seriously, we are reading your feedback and constantly making adjustments.

Behaviour like the above just makes it so that the dev's won't want to come here and see your feedback.

Which is a situation I want to avoid.
jimtracyii

Post by jimtracyii »

Edmon,

Question for you. Ya'll made changes to the scoring for round 3. Well my opponent did not show and so I did not get to play in that round. However I was awarded the win with 2000 pts. So my question is why did I not get the 500 points x2 for both forfeit wins added to my 2000 points for a total of 3000 vs 2000? Also in my second match I earned 570ish point through turn 4 in one game and turn 5 in the other as my opponent dropped out. I only got an additional 1200 or so points. Why did I not get all of the points for the remaining turns? It just seems like I was penalized because my opponent did not show up. Could you give me some in site to the thinking here? Thanks in advance. If you want to email me instead of posting it online here is my email address jimtracyii@gmail.com

Jim
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

jimtracyii wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:51 am Edmon,

Question for you. Ya'll made changes to the scoring for round 3. Well my opponent did not show and so I did not get to play in that round. However I was awarded the win with 2000 pts. So my question is why did I not get the 500 points x2 for both forfeit wins added to my 2000 points for a total of 3000 vs 2000? Also in my second match I earned 570ish point through turn 4 in one game and turn 5 in the other as my opponent dropped out. I only got an additional 1200 or so points. Why did I not get all of the points for the remaining turns? It just seems like I was penalized because my opponent did not show up. Could you give me some in site to the thinking here? Thanks in advance. If you want to email me instead of posting it online here is my email address jimtracyii@gmail.com

Jim
Hey there,

I will pass your feedback on so you might get an answer or some clarification, but I am just a community manager who happens to be a big Panzer Corps 2 fan. I am not involved in the points awarding system or the logic behind it so I can't really directly give you an answer...

Sorry :(.
FritzchenEK-I
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by FritzchenEK-I »

Double standards and unprofessional conduct are the main pillars of this tournament

I had to bring myself to play this round after getting cheated by bad loser round 3
Now to see this i am really in the right mood to play a good game of panzer corps

Please let me elaborate

For months now questions, suggestions etc got ignored
I got ridiculed for voicing a problem before - no one was insulted then
Talks about slitherine sucking all kinds of dicks
All ignored - so obvious no one cared

Now Edmon pops up - hammertime - and answers a question
Its holiday season
One guy calls another an idiot
Thats ok. You can insult people, but only the ones speaking up
I didnt like that guys tone too. So what?

If there would not be another guy cheated, the best solution would be a noshow on purpose
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

FritzchenEK-I wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:32 am Double standards and unprofessional conduct are the main pillars of this tournament

I had to bring myself to play this round after getting cheated by bad loser round 3
Now to see this i am really in the right mood to play a good game of panzer corps

Please let me elaborate

For months now questions, suggestions etc got ignored
I got ridiculed for voicing a problem before - no one was insulted then
Talks about slitherine sucking all kinds of dicks
All ignored - so obvious no one cared

Now Edmon pops up - hammertime - and answers a question
Its holiday season
One guy calls another an idiot
Thats ok. You can insult people, but only the ones speaking up
I didnt like that guys tone too. So what?

If there would not be another guy cheated, the best solution would be a noshow on purpose
It is not acceptable to insult other forum users. It never has been and it never will be. It does not matter what your opinion on the tournament is, be it positive or negative. But if your opinion is that another forum user is an idiot for not agreeing with your opinion, then it's an issue.

So, to make this perfectly clear:

If someone is breaking the forum rules, PM me with a link and I will come and review the situation. As is what happened with this very thread. If you feel like something needs to be dealt with that wasn't, then you can message me about that also.

But more often than not, a person gets warned in a PM in private and the adverse behaviour stops.

In this case, I've had to step in more directly because it's a whole group of people pushing the limits now.

What people are mostly upset about is unsportsmanlike conduct or perceived unsportsmanlike conduct. Almost everyone who has used the word "cheating" or "cheat" has actually meant this. It is an issue we are doing our best to address over the course of this event. But not finishing a match is not cheating, we cannot reach for punishment like it is cheating. Not finishing a single game is not against the rules. Yeah, it sucks when someone stops playing, but unless they have a pattern of this behaviour there is little we can do.

How do we know that the person in question wasn't called away from a game to deal with some personal crisis? We can't know and thereby cannot enforce punitive punishments like many are demanding.

Regards.
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

warrior230 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:08 pm Ok then.....it's round 4. Captured St Vith as the Germans on turn 1 (as no doubt many others have) Turn 2, no 15 points for controling the hex! Am I missing something?
I'm guess I'm missing something too.

I just played 1st round as German: I took St Vith, and killed 2 rangers (4 slots each), 1 engineer (5 slots), and a 4 slot artillery => 17 slots. I should have earned 15 + 34 points, and only got 34.
The same thing occured for my opponent when he played his first round as German => He took St Vith, and didn't kill any unit. He got 0 point instead of 15.

a432 0 * 0 * 0
Trepko 85 * 34 * 119

Maybe the St Vith hex is bugged ?
jimtracyii

Post by jimtracyii »

Okay seriously can someone fix the scoring system. I am not getting all of the points I have earned. This last round and in the 3rd round I did not get any points for winning the individual games. I also did not get any points for a couple of turns in the 4th round. This appears to be happening with other players too, at least that is what some of these posts are saying. Can anyone from Slitherine do anything about these issues. This scoring system is not working and has most likely knocked out some good players already. Thanks in advance.
brianjones17
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by brianjones17 »

I have a question if someone could confirm for me I am at round 13 in a very close and intense game. Is the game winner the one with the most points in each game or whoever holds the majority of victory hexs
BRIANJONES17
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

brianjones17 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:20 am I have a question if someone could confirm for me I am at round 13 in a very close and intense game. Is the game winner the one with the most points in each game or whoever holds the majority of victory hexs
As far as getting the 500 points for being the "winner", you have to have taken all the hexes as the Germans.
jamjam

Post by jamjam »

How does the scoring work on timed out games?

I'm playing against a very slow player and likely won't finish.

Does the 1000 points per leg go to the player who's turn was last played? Or is there a time counter used for the time they had the board like a chess clock?

If it is the last played turn then I'll have to be online at the close of the round and it will be down to luck of I can score at all.
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

jamjam wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:43 pm How does the scoring work on timed out games?

I'm playing against a very slow player and likely won't finish.

Does the 1000 points per leg go to the player who's turn was last played? Or is there a time counter used for the time they had the board like a chess clock?

If it is the last played turn then I'll have to be online at the close of the round and it will be down to luck of I can score at all.
My round 3 games didn't reach the end and they were not marked as unfinished, and no extra points were awarded. I don't know the algorithm, but it seems like a minimum amount of time has to have passed waiting on one player to go in order for it to be treated like a timed out game.

I suggest just playing your turns and not worry about it. Your opponent won't get extra points if he sneaks in a turn at the last moment.
StuG_Tutor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by StuG_Tutor »

Shocking surprise at the end of round 4...

My would-be opponent had emphatically expressed he was dropping out of the tournament during round 3 posts to this site. In the three prior rounds my opponents had all quit playing very early on so I was reluctant to invest much time and energy setting up forces as the Germans. The e-mail I received from Slitherine on December 8th informed me the round had begun and I would be informed when it was my turn. I was never informed it was my turn but was e-mailed again when the round ended. I had waited and waited...finally a few days ago I said "expletive it," I should probably at least set up my troops on the game I was able to. I did so just in case. I looked at the scores today to find out I had been given a whopping 1000 points for following directions and waiting to receive confirmation from Slitherine who said they would inform me when it was my turn. My opponent who never set up so it would actually be my turn also scored 1000 points.

I had always wondered why there were so many 1000 - 1000 matches and what they signified. My experience has shown me that they are instances of the first person never showing up to trigger the "It's your turn" e-mail to the second player who, if following the instructions would have waited to receive it. This tells me that every 1000 - 1000 match would create a pretty ticked off player 2 discovering that, although he was still waiting for the never arriving e-mail and may have been eager to play if it ever arrived was nonetheless given the same points as his no show opponent. I can't think of a better way to get rid of a lot of Panzer Corps 2 enthusiasts then to give them a mere 1000 points for obediently waiting for that "it's your turn" e-mail like I (mostly) did. I wonder how many dropped out after this experience? Definitely some room for improvement there.
"All models are wrong, but some are useful" --George E.P. Box
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

I don't know if the 1000 points/forfeit are given through an algorithm or by a human (tournament organizer).
But if I understand correctly what you wrote, you earned 1000 points for your allied side because you never could play (your opponent never deployed, and so you never had the opportunity to play, and that's why you never received a PBEM email)
On the contrary, you deployed as axis, but apparently very late. So, the algorithm/organizer considered it is as if you never really played (you didn't play for 20 days and only played a turn one day before the end), and granted the 1000 points to your opponent.
On one hand, in your situation you can obviously consider this is not fair for you (as you mentionned, your opponent said he would stop playing this tournament). On the other hand, this mechanism is a protection for "honest" player against vicious ones. Imagine a situation where an honest player plays normally his turn. His (vicious) opponent decides to stop playing (whatever the reason). The vicious player then waits for the end of the round (21 days). But 1 minute before the end of the round, he plays his turn. Obviously the honest player won't have the time/possibility to play his turn, and the game will end with the honest player's turn pending. This would be totally unfair to grant the points to the vicious player just because it was the honest player's turn to play. So the algorithm/organizer will detect this unfair manner and grant the honest player the remaining points, even if it was his turn to play when round finished.

In the end, I think the email system properly works, but I think you misunderstood in which game you earned points and in which game you didn't.
- On allied side, you never received the notification (because it was never your turn), and you earned the points.
- On axis side, the way you played (deploying very late) has been considered (automatically or humanly) as unfair and points were granted to your opponent, even if it was his turn to play when round finished.

At least this is what I understand from what you wrote and from my own experience.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Trepko wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:27 am I don't know if the 1000 points/forfeit are given through an algorithm or by a human (tournament organizer).
But if I understand correctly what you wrote, you earned 1000 points for your allied side because you never could play (your opponent never deployed, and so you never had the opportunity to play, and that's why you never received a PBEM email)
On the contrary, you deployed as axis, but apparently very late. So, the algorithm/organizer considered it is as if you never really played (you didn't play for 20 days and only played a turn one day before the end), and granted the 1000 points to your opponent.
On one hand, in your situation you can obviously consider this is not fair for you (as you mentionned, your opponent said he would stop playing this tournament). On the other hand, this mechanism is a protection for "honest" player against vicious ones. Imagine a situation where an honest player plays normally his turn. His (vicious) opponent decides to stop playing (whatever the reason). The vicious player then waits for the end of the round (21 days). But 1 minute before the end of the round, he plays his turn. Obviously the honest player won't have the time/possibility to play his turn, and the game will end with the honest player's turn pending. This would be totally unfair to grant the points to the vicious player just because it was the honest player's turn to play. So the algorithm/organizer will detect this unfair manner and grant the honest player the remaining points, even if it was his turn to play when round finished.

In the end, I think the email system properly works, but I think you misunderstood in which game you earned points and in which game you didn't.
- On allied side, you never received the notification (because it was never your turn), and you earned the points.
- On axis side, the way you played (deploying very late) has been considered (automatically or humanly) as unfair and points were granted to your opponent, even if it was his turn to play when round finished.

At least this is what I understand from what you wrote and from my own experience.
Yeah I do not understand the 500 rule assignment either on forfeit/unfinished games. I have played two games, was doing really well and my opponent sent me a message that he is going away for three weeks and he wont continue (not gonna dispute that, RL happens to all of us) So I finished my rounds and ended up with lousy 900 points for both games - kind of gutted...
DMcCooey206

Post by DMcCooey206 »

So started Round 5. Excited for a new round. Disbanded units only to realize no Prestige or Slot refunded. Round is fucked for me, and haven't moved any units yet

This tournament although a fun Game, is a mine field of disappointment. Next tournament if I play there needs to be safeguards for stuff like this. I still can't fathom in multiplayer where no Undo function when a move happens accidentally and no information is revealed. This has happened without fail to me in all 4 rounds prior and in a couple cases has been decisive.
ElLobo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by ElLobo »

DMcCooey206 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:05 am So started Round 5. Excited for a new round. Disbanded units only to realize no Prestige or Slot refunded. Round is fucked for me, and haven't moved any units yet

This tournament although a fun Game, is a mine field of disappointment. Next tournament if I play there needs to be safeguards for stuff like this. I still can't fathom in multiplayer where no Undo function when a move happens accidentally and no information is revealed. This has happened without fail to me in all 4 rounds prior and in a couple cases has been decisive.
Good Morning,

You read the intruduction to this round? Mostly shows up when they introduce the map.

I was reading: you only change your core units? and if you try to do with non-core-units that you will probably loose them? Also was writen that the russian units only will get 2 stars, when you buy them and the germans 3 stars of expirience?
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

DMcCooey206 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:05 am So started Round 5. Excited for a new round. Disbanded units only to realize no Prestige or Slot refunded. Round is fucked for me, and haven't moved any units yet

Instructions during introduction were very explicite concerning this point : "DON'T TOUCH AUXILIARY UNITS".
If you only touched core units, you got prestige back.
If you touched aux units, you still can undo everything if you're still in deployement phase, with the "undo all" button top of the screen.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”