Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

CronusMaximus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by CronusMaximus »

Update of my Round #5...alexlucca18, my opponent, ...after some prompting from myself in this forum... decided to do the right thing and finished all our turns for our battle round #5...I want to thank you for having done this... this was a "win-win" scenario for both of us.
We all need to remember that it is not winning or losing that is the really important thing, it is how one "plays the game" that defines who we are .... alexlucca18, I want to thank you for a game that was very competitive and well played. I wish the best of luck going forward.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by tkrysiak »

Well that has been a fun fun round, bugged on both sides:

@Uchmunduk - thanks for finishing your round and letting me test this.
Adel77
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Adel77 »

Fritzchen owned me turn 2 as the attacker. He took the last vic hex in the middle with a recon on probably last mov point
I messed up the defense and never thought he could strike that deep

Result: TEN POINTS for TURN TWO VICTORY as attacker
So the man is down ~ 2000 points + BS from last rounds

We immediately switched to another game at our WG club after that round, you know - a game where MP scoring works - huge disappointment to all
But Edmon made it abundantly clear - no complaint and competitive spirit is allowed in this tournament
They all accepted that rule and laughed (not about the rule of course, just to OBEY)

According to some good sports here from past round when I lost 2000 points in addition to hundreds points in earlier rounds:
All just a game and for fun, no prize to be won
I wonder why so many now complain when they are the ones faced with a penalty? Come on, don't be childish
Just enjoy. Its just half a year .. grow up and realize: Life goes on forever.

Fritz
CONGRATULATIONS for being NO1 FOR REAL
You are REAL No1 by over 500 points. impressive
CronusMaximus

Post by CronusMaximus »

I just wanted to take little time to thank the organizers of this tournament as an overall positive event.

I had only played the game a couple of times prior to this... but it has been a very enjoyable exodus of up's & down's... as I learn the game system. I have played lots of other military strategy games, but not this one. i really appreciate the scenarios based on real events throughout the war as someone that loves military history... and I feel the unit show clearly and reasonably accurately the plus's & minus' of the units taking all the games factors into play. The game system itself seems very good about simulating the feelings of what I would feel a commander of an armed force going into and during a battle would feel... to include all the details he has to keep track of, that will bite him in the butt if he loses focus or forgets. Not being able to redo an action I feel adds to that as well... there have been a couple of times I pushed the wrong game button and took an action that put me in a bad position by accident... real world stuff I would say.

Also all my opponents have been very challenging players throughout my 6 turn experience of learning this game... and to them I would also thank for the fun they have made this tournament to be.

To anyone that wants to answer... during the deployment phase... I have not figured out how I can change a deployment of any unit... and I am afraid to try something and inadvertently end up with no forces on a tournament round. I feel the games rules and Yu Tube indoc has not been very clear on this point. Up to this point I have been accepting the default placement of each scenario. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

CronusMaximus wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:53 pm I just wanted to take little time to thank the organizers of this tournament as an overall positive event.

I had only played the game a couple of times prior to this... but it has been a very enjoyable exodus of up's & down's... as I learn the game system. I have played lots of other military strategy games, but not this one. i really appreciate the scenarios based on real events throughout the war as someone that loves military history... and I feel the unit show clearly and reasonably accurately the plus's & minus' of the units taking all the games factors into play. The game system itself seems very good about simulating the feelings of what I would feel a commander of an armed force going into and during a battle would feel... to include all the details he has to keep track of, that will bite him in the butt if he loses focus or forgets. Not being able to redo an action I feel adds to that as well... there have been a couple of times I pushed the wrong game button and took an action that put me in a bad position by accident... real world stuff I would say.

Also all my opponents have been very challenging players throughout my 6 turn experience of learning this game... and to them I would also thank for the fun they have made this tournament to be.

To anyone that wants to answer... during the deployment phase... I have not figured out how I can change a deployment of any unit... and I am afraid to try something and inadvertently end up with no forces on a tournament round. I feel the games rules and Yu Tube indoc has not been very clear on this point. Up to this point I have been accepting the default placement of each scenario. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.
You can remove units by right clicking them, then by going to deployment screen you will see where can you put them back.
Only one VERY important piece of info worth remembering is not to touch auxiliary units. If you remove them you may not put anything back in their place - and if you disband them you will not get the points back. Auxiliary units are the ones with just a square icon without a golden chevron on top.
CronusMaximus

Post by CronusMaximus »

tkrysiak wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:53 pm
CronusMaximus wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:53 pm I just wanted to take little time to thank the organizers of this tournament as an overall positive event.

Thanks.
You can remove units by right clicking them, then by going to deployment screen you will see where can you put them back.
Only one VERY important piece of info worth remembering is not to touch auxiliary units. If you remove them you may not put anything back in their place - and if you disband them you will not get the points back. Auxiliary units are the ones with just a square icon without a golden chevron on top.
Thank you so much sir for the assist. I will try it out during the next scenario.
DMcCooey206

Post by DMcCooey206 »

This round has been quite competitive for half of the turns, but once again because of slightly laggy connection, in an Even battle the computer "double" clicked on a unit and moved it and DESTROYED the entire set up.

The next thing that the developers will need to do is provide an undo feature, where no information is gained ONLY by a laggy accidental move - in Multiplayer. It's Far too Devastating for a buggy accident to Ruin a very fun and very close game. I'm not talking about an undo where hidden units are revealed, only when a clear accident occurs and and undo won't provide the player any advantage.

If that change is made I'll for sure be playing in the next tournament. If not, I probably can't risk the time commitment.
CronusMaximus

Post by CronusMaximus »

I just wanted to tell my opponent...marsla... of this 6th tournament round that was one of the hardest fought two battles I have had to fight thus far... and there was no room for mistakes... and I unfortunately I made a few. Thank you for battles well fought and played. The best of luck to you for the remainder of tournament.
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

DMcCooey206 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:13 am ... but once again because of slightly laggy connection ...
Your connection to the internet has nothing to do with the issue you describe. Could be your mouse, could be the speed of your computer, the amount of RAM, perhaps something else. But your mouse clicks are not sent to the server.
StuG_Tutor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by StuG_Tutor »

Looking for Brausebad. Not sure if he even reads posts, but if anyone has contact with my opponent please let him know there is a message here.

" Hi, Brausebad. Please take your turn as the Allies. I play the turns in order. I haven't been allowed to take turn 6, 8 and 10 because you have not played your turns as the allies. The turns are numbered in the e-mail notifications clearly indicating that both games are meant to be played simultaneously. Even numbered turns are games in which I am the Allies, odd numbered turns are the ones where I am Germany. I assume your e-mail notifications from Slitherine are similar. After I am able to play my turn 6, 8 and 10 I will play turn 11 (my next turn as defender). Thank you.

Hallo, ich nehme an, du bist mein Gegner im Turnier. Bitte seid als Alliierte an der Reihe. Ich spiele die Runden in der reihenfolge. Ich durfte nicht an Turn 6, 8 und 10 teilnehmen, weil ihr eure Züge nicht als Verbündete gespielt habt. Die Runden sind in den E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen nummeriert, was deutlich darauf hinweist, dass beide Spiele gleichzeitig gespielt werden sollen. Gerade nummerierte Runden sind Spiele, in denen ich die Alliierten bin, ungerade Nummern sind diejenigen, in denen ich Deutschland bin. Ich gehe davon aus, dass Ihre E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen von Slitherine ähnlich sind. Nachdem ich in der Lage bin, meinen Zug 6, 8 und 10 zu spielen, werde ich Zug 11 spielen (meinen nächsten Zug als Verteidiger). Vielen Dank."
"All models are wrong, but some are useful" --George E.P. Box
Brausebad

Post by Brausebad »

StuG_Tutor wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:05 pm Looking for Brausebad. Not sure if he even reads posts, but if anyone has contact with my opponent please let him know there is a message here.

" Hi, Brausebad. Please take your turn as the Allies. I play the turns in order. I haven't been allowed to take turn 6, 8 and 10 because you have not played your turns as the allies. The turns are numbered in the e-mail notifications clearly indicating that both games are meant to be played simultaneously. Even numbered turns are games in which I am the Allies, odd numbered turns are the ones where I am Germany. I assume your e-mail notifications from Slitherine are similar. After I am able to play my turn 6, 8 and 10 I will play turn 11 (my next turn as defender). Thank you.

Hallo, ich nehme an, du bist mein Gegner im Turnier. Bitte seid als Alliierte an der Reihe. Ich spiele die Runden in der reihenfolge. Ich durfte nicht an Turn 6, 8 und 10 teilnehmen, weil ihr eure Züge nicht als Verbündete gespielt habt. Die Runden sind in den E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen nummeriert, was deutlich darauf hinweist, dass beide Spiele gleichzeitig gespielt werden sollen. Gerade nummerierte Runden sind Spiele, in denen ich die Alliierten bin, ungerade Nummern sind diejenigen, in denen ich Deutschland bin. Ich gehe davon aus, dass Ihre E-Mail-Benachrichtigungen von Slitherine ähnlich sind. Nachdem ich in der Lage bin, meinen Zug 6, 8 und 10 zu spielen, werde ich Zug 11 spielen (meinen nächsten Zug als Verteidiger). Vielen Dank."
Hello, I'm sorry, but I can't understand how I can help you. I wished you good luck in the first round and sent code to my steam friends. I read here regularly and I am happy to answer. I also like to play all the games in a row. Please tell me what should I do exactly.
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

Looks like the round 5 bug is back like wt... 8-(

And why cant I upload the saved screenshot....

Pink1y

Post by Pink1y »

songseeker wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:01 pm Its really frustrating when you make a long, and what you believe to be a useful post, and then when you press the submit button you get a screen saying Slitherine could not process the response at this time. It almost made me give up, but I have persevered with this competition so far so I will remake the post.

I also do not know how to make a reply with the content of a previous post hi-lited so it puts the rest of the message into context. So, I will have to rely on quotes of what StuG_Tutor posted above:

"One suggestion has to do with the "chess clock" analogy. If a tournament round is 21 days, each player has 10.5 days of time. I'm fairly certain it has been my opponents turn for more than 10.5 days. In chess he would have lost the match by now and it wouldn't be an unreasonable system to give me victory hex points times turns remaining for all victory hexes on the board--I'm still coming up short on points since I am deprived the opportunity of destroying his units and getting points = slots destroyed...but I guess I'll live."

I really like the 10.5 days time limit. One drawback that occurred to me from using the method I outlined above was the possibility a sneaky and bad player could stop playing when he realised he would lose, but return to play his latest turns just before the round finished. Thus making it appear as though he was the active player and getting all the points. I am cynical enough to believe there are people out there like that, although maybe few in number. The 10.5 day time limit would get round that. More importantly, it would be easy to programme such that the down time for each player was counted and the end of game triggered when one reached 10.5 days. The scores could then be calculated giving all victory hexes to the active player at the time 10.5 days was reached. The inactive player would get only the points that he had earned by playing. The automated nature of this is very important, as I doubt Slitherine have either the inclination or the resources to do any manual stuff at round end. In programming terms there would have to be a little extra coding to deal with round 1 failures to play, but not much.

Of course, in extreme cases this would produce an extreme and unacceptable result in points scored for the winning player. For example, in Round 2, in the most extreme, case, with a player not starting at all, the other player would be deemed to have won on turn 1 and score 10x25x15 points, for a total of 3750 points. This is obviously too much. But, it could easily be sorted by putting a cap on points earned this way. Perhaps an arbitrary number such as 2000, or perhaps by averaging the top 10 scores from the games which did go the full distance. This would again be easy to automate with no human intervention at round end. What such a cap should be might inspire an interesting debate in its own right.

One other point that StuG_Tutor made:

"The scoring alchemy gave me a score of 1584. Fine--I made a mistake or two maybe I should get a middle of the pack score. Then I got curious about what a match might look like if the participants FINISHED and got a score like I received. Songseeker's first round popped up as a finished game with a score like the one I was assigned--he and his opponent looked pretty well matched getting comparable results as they took their turns as Germany and Poland. The Point Assignment System for Unfinished Games (PASUG) gave me a score as though I was playing a roughly equal performing opponent and that wasn't even close to being the case. 2000 points for a "noshow" opponent or whatever prorating formula Slitherine is using for partially completed games is flawed and inadequate."

An interesting analysis, but I think you are short changing yourself. I do believe that my opponent and I in Round 1 were evenly matched. But, I certainly did not know that the last victory hex should not be taken until the end of the game, and I do not think my opponent did either, as we both finished ahead. Although I cannot remember how many turns ahead. I also did not know that the initial composition and starting points of your forces could be changed during deployment. For round 2 I did know this, and it makes a HUGE difference.
Hi there Songseeker, I am your opponent in the current round and I wasn't sure how else to get in touch with you. I have had a computer malfunction this morning (probably graphics card related) and will not be able to have my turn for a day or two at least. I am off to the repairer tomorrow, hopefully it will be an easy fix. I have emailed support to see if they can help with an extension. I have an old back up pc but it wont run the game.

Hopefully this will be an easy fix and we can get back to the challenge soon.

Ian
Matze65
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Matze65 »

Hello wky_nj ,

I try it now also times about the forum !

Why do you make since the 06.02.2022 no more turn?
Maybe you read this here.
But also no matter, have checked off the game for me.
Pink1y

Post by Pink1y »

Hi there moderators,

Unfortunately I am having computer problems, the monitor went blank yesterday as I was getting ready to take my turn (typical). I think there is an issue with my graphics card. I am taking the pc in to get repaired this morning, but it may take a few days to get it back.

I have a back up PC, but it is an older model and wont run the game.

Is there any way I can have an extension on the current round. I am conscious time is ticking by and I don’t want to miss out on the game, or inconvenience my opponent (songseeker)?
jamjam

Post by jamjam »

Is there anyway to make the camouflage changes stick in multiplayer?
Pink1y

Post by Pink1y »

Matze65 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:00 pm Hi,
so slowly this is no longer fun.
The first 3 rounds points lost because you have not played to the last round and this was not properly communicated in the rules.
Now again lost points because I can not upload the game after winning. Server error ?!
Really sucks. Sorry.

Why does it say victory in round 5?
The victory was in round 14!!!!
Therefore also the error " The challenge already finished".

PS: Thanks to Pink1y for the beautiful game!
capture_008_23012022_132300.jpgcapture_009_23012022_132302.jpgcapture_002_23012022_132145.jpg
Thanks Matze, I really enjoyed the game as well, brutal with no quarter given on either side. We were both winners :)
Pink1y

Post by Pink1y »

Pink1y wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:19 pm Hi there moderators,

Unfortunately I am having computer problems, the monitor went blank yesterday as I was getting ready to take my turn (typical). I think there is an issue with my graphics card. I am taking the pc in to get repaired this morning, but it may take a few days to get it back.

I have a back up PC, but it is an older model and wont run the game.

Is there any way I can have an extension on the current round. I am conscious time is ticking by and I don’t want to miss out on the game, or inconvenience my opponent (songseeker)?
I'm back in business! Hopefully the game wont end before a result is found.
jamjam

Post by jamjam »

To Gilgul .

Any chance you can play your turn. We've less than a week left and not even halfway played.

Thanks
bendtheknee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bendtheknee »

hello, little post to complain again about the rating system ^^

Since the beginning of the tournament, I had the chance to come across opponents who finished their games. But for this round, my opponent (Alexchang) hasn't played for two weeks and we are currently in round 8/15. The game was clearly starting to turn in my favor on both sides.I don't presume of Alexchang's intentions an impediment does not allow him to connect or simply if he decided to stop playing to not lose..

In fact, in three days my score will not have changed, all victory hex points, all destroyed units and the 500 points will not be allocated to me.

This problem of people stopping playing is really frustrating. The recent implementation of 500 victory points makes it even more frustrating knowing that it does not only depend on you but also on the goodwill of your opponent...

Is it not possible to install a timer like in chess ? in order to be able to play their turn without the opponent having taken theirs or simply allocating points once this timer has passed.

the disadvantage of this problem associated with the Swiss tournament system is that my general ranking drops and that necessarily I risk falling on an opponent with the same bad intentions (indeed this kind of behavior is not found at the top of the table) . The worst would be to fall against Alexchang...
bubu13

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”