Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by grabbysnatch »

hi

just a quick question

i know there is still plenty of time, but what happens if your opponent doesn't respond to starting the game and you are sitting waiting for a turn. As no turns have yet been played, how will the tournament organisers know that i have been wanting and available to play, but my opponent hasn't. i'm hoping i wont miss put because of a users lack of in[ut into the game
alexlucca18
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Panzer Corps 2 World Championship - Official thread (1st round starting on September 15)

Post by alexlucca18 »

Hi folks,
I have just deplopyed my army and I'm waiting to play the turn 1, but after two days nothing happen. I suppose to wait for my opponent move but clock is running for both.
It's normal???
jeannot le lapin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by jeannot le lapin »

a432 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:04 pm Reports from the front!
Activate Windows
Go to settings to activate Windows

It’s marked on your screenshots :wink:
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

jeannot le lapin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 pm
Activate Windows

That's a432 - He only allocates prestige points where they count.
Watch out!

@ screens
Es wird zurückgeschossen - sehr gut
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Lifever wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:51 pm
jeannot le lapin wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:14 pm
Activate Windows

That's a432 - He only allocates prestige points where they count.
Watch out!

@ screens
Es wird zurückgeschossen - sehr gut
+1000 prestige to both of you guys and your comments. I salute thee... ;-)
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Extra Extra! Reports from the front!
warsaw.jpg
warsaw.jpg (437.12 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
Reports are coming in that the Germans have cross the river north of Warsaw.
Our men are under heavy and sustained bombardment. Ammo and Equipment are running low, no reinforcements are coming.
Situation Dire. This will be our last stand.
sied.jpg
sied.jpg (512.93 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
A German scout car has crossed the river and taken the siedlce airport! The remaining polish air forces have been redirected south.
brest.jpg
brest.jpg (461.02 KiB) Viewed 1626 times
Brest is about to bust. The battle has been bloody but we gave it all we had. Godspeed men

While on the other side our German forces sip Champaign, wait a sec... we are in Poland, Our German forces down vodka to celebrate victory.
scott_mathieson

Post by scott_mathieson »

Is there a simple explanation of the points system, i got victory in both games but got about half the points my opponent got, i don't play multiplayer so a bit lost.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

a432 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:37 pm Extra Extra! Reports from the front!
Black on white - tells the whole story - little effort for the player putting it up

Perfect AAR

You could have gotten over 200 points extra if you would have dragged it out as axis
So you would be place 2 on the scoreboard as of now - instead of 4

Impressive!
Last edited by Lifever on Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
SteelTiger007
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by SteelTiger007 »

scott_mathieson wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:28 pm Is there a simple explanation of the points system, i got victory in both games but got about half the points my opponent got, i don't play multiplayer so a bit lost.
I also had 2 decisive victories , as germans I took all objectives destroyed all units except for 1 in 12 turns ,1300 pts ...as poles i held 4 objectives for 14 turns and 3 for 15 turns and got 400 points while my opponent got more as poles and lost!!!! :shock:
grabbysnatch

Post by grabbysnatch »

still unable to take my turn in the tournament, as button is greyed out, so i assume my opponent hasn't joined the game, or hasn't taken his turn. i wish if they didnt want to play so that i would know where i stand. Will the tournament organisors know that i have tried to play my opening game?
malic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by malic »

Hi everyone. This is my first tournament and I am super excited to participate in it. Is there a limit on how many turns you can have in a day? Thanks
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

malic wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:13 am Hi everyone. This is my first tournament and I am super excited to participate in it. Is there a limit on how many turns you can have in a day? Thanks
No, you can go at whatever pace you and your opponent can do.
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

It is best to get ready on the starting date

Even without communication - you find out in the first turns how fast and especially at what daytime an opponent moves

On workdays people have a similar schedule, on weekends they tend to catch up.
You remember when you check the time the other guy did the turn. Calculate the timezone and you will see the patterns
It would be great knowing the timezone of the other guy (nationality / little flags) and ... communication over the interweb - sounds pretty advanced for 1939.

I bet you a lot, it will be the same names finishing their matchups early - win or lose. Look at the scoreboard now and in the future

That's because they react fast to the turns and therefore the opponent gets sucked into the game and can respond faster themselves.

Timing also gives you a reading on your opponent on a psychological level. But that's a topic for another time.
DarkBlueInk
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by DarkBlueInk »

Just remember when you are looking at the scoreboard that some (many?) of us are stuck at the bottom WAITING on our deadbeat opponent.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

DarkBlueInk wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm Just remember when you are looking at the scoreboard that some (many?) of us are stuck at the bottom WAITING on our deadbeat opponent.
Well you gonna get a phat 2000 points for not playing - not an optimal solution but will ensure you are not behind. And as someone has said previously, most of the quitters and other kind of dead weight should be out after first or second round. Of course in this case we are talking of a long, one year tourney so we will keep losing people along the way - but it will not be as bad as the first round.

Still pissed off we can play the tourney (or single player) scenarios in MP later on. Piss poor performance there Slitherine - and that comes from a franchise fanboi...
Lifever

Post by Lifever »

DarkBlueInk wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm Just remember when you are looking at the scoreboard that some (many?) of us are stuck at the bottom WAITING on our deadbeat opponent.
Just advocating for the players in it

represent represent

Checked this morning: Exactly 50% still on the starting line
Shameful
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

After all the discussion (bitching?) about deadbeats and quitters in the last tournament, I had hoped that development might have set up a check-in process to weed at least some of them out.
To be honest, I was a bit disappointed to not see a check-in email for this tournament. For that matter, I didn't receive notification that the game was ready for my first turn. I was checking if the multiplayer system for the tourney was set up and found myself in deployment mode.
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

Or in my case someone who did six turns while the game was going in their favour now its reversed and I'm on top they havent done a turn for 4 days. PM's are met with stony silence, round 1 more than frustrating as you never catch this lost ground up in the points tally as has been shown numerous times in FOGD tourneys, sigh.
Fudwuppel
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Fudwuppel »

Has anybody else picked up on this? Each round in this tourney is three weeks long. On the main tournament page the second round is slated to begin on 23 October - four weeks after round one began. :?
malic
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by malic »

Fudwuppel wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:20 am Has anybody else picked up on this? Each round in this tourney is three weeks long. On the main tournament page the second round is slated to begin on 23 October - four weeks after round one began. :?
You sure? I thought it said the 13th.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”