How does scoring work?

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

How does scoring work?

Post by a432 »

Hey do you know if you get more points by winning early say on turn 12 or waiting to win until the last turn on turn 15. Like should players be trying to play out all 15 turns for max points or do you get awarded the same points if you can actually win early. The reason I ask is because I'm worried if you win fast you don't get as many points then if you win slow using all turns. I could have won slow or fast.

I just wanna know for future games how the scores work so I know to play for max turns or try to win early and quick with a blitz. I guess the opponent could always surrender early. This is because the opponent knows they have no chance to win and wants to prevent me from gaining points?
Norita31
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: How does scoring work?

Post by Norita31 »

i came here seekiing the help in the same matter. points are important, no? i, too, don't wanna lose them by winning in the early game. Hoping for a positive response.
Kinemaster MOD APK
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

Points are 20 points per victory hex per turn, plus 1 point for each prestige point of enemy units killed.

From comments elsewhere, it appears winning the game early loses the victory hex points for turns not taken. So one wants to drag out the game for maximum points.
StuG_Tutor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by StuG_Tutor »

The system may change in round three but for now you don't want to claim the last victory hex until you are in the last round.

25 points per victory hex controlled at the beginning of each turn. Points for destroyed units are equal to the slot cost of the unit, not prestige value.
"All models are wrong, but some are useful" --George E.P. Box
markwatson360
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by markwatson360 »

StuG_Tutor wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:07 pm The system may change in round three but for now you don't want to claim the last victory hex until you are in the last round.

25 points per victory hex controlled at the beginning of each turn. Points for destroyed units are equal to the slot cost of the unit, not prestige value.
I'm not sure about this because if you capture the last victory hex in the last turn, you won't get points for it as you didn't control it at the start of the last turn. If you take it on the previous turn the game will end and you'll lose the 100 points you would have got in the last turn for the other victory hexes. Correct me if i'm wrong about this.
StuG_Tutor
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by StuG_Tutor »

I'm not sure about this because if you capture the last victory hex in the last turn, you won't get points for it as you didn't control it at the start of the last turn. If you take it on the previous turn the game will end and you'll lose the 100 points you would have got in the last turn for the other victory hexes. Correct me if i'm wrong about this.
In the current system you will not get additional points for the final victory hex in the final round, points for victory hexes are only awarded at the beginning of the turn. Certainly don't take it any earlier than the final round, because, as you correctly pointed out you'd then lose 25 x (# victory hexes-1) worth of tournament points. The Conditions to "win" are currently the conditions to "Avoid achieving until the last round." As far as I know, there is no actual value to achieving victory, however, if I hypothetically ran into an opponent who played to the last round and I was able to I would still take the last hex in the last turn just in case.
"All models are wrong, but some are useful" --George E.P. Box
markwatson360

Post by markwatson360 »

StuG_Tutor wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:19 pm
In the current system you will not get additional points for the final victory hex in the final round, points for victory hexes are only awarded at the beginning of the turn. Certainly don't take it any earlier than the final round, because, as you correctly pointed out you'd then lose 25 x (# victory hexes-1) worth of tournament points. The Conditions to "win" are currently the conditions to "Avoid achieving until the last round." As far as I know, there is no actual value to achieving victory, however, if I hypothetically ran into an opponent who played to the last round and I was able to I would still take the last hex in the last turn just in case.
Thanks Stug Tutor, that makes sense, hopefully things will become clearer from round 3 onwards.
Adel77
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Adel77 »

a432 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:12 pm Hey do you know if you get more points by winning early say on turn 12 or waiting to win until the last turn on turn 15. Like should players be trying to play out all 15 turns for max points or do you get awarded the same points if you can actually win early. The reason I ask is because I'm worried if you win fast you don't get as many points then if you win slow using all turns. I could have won slow or fast.

I just wanna know for future games how the scores work so I know to play for max turns or try to win early and quick with a blitz. I guess the opponent could always surrender early. This is because the opponent knows they have no chance to win and wants to prevent me from gaining points?
I know how scoring works
It doesnt!

You need luck to get an opponent to play to the end
Who did you get? A good guy or a nogoood noshow?
Nothing more frustrating than to have to wait if your opponent kindly grants you a victory and your fair share of points
The loser judges over the winner. WTF?
How stupid...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”