Upload move in game

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Upload move in game

Post by ChristianC »

Can multiplayer be modified to upload every move in the background after its been made? This will fix two issues. One: Playing a game and the player loses internet connection for a split second or Steam gets wonky and the login is no longer active within the MP game, you lose everything you did including a ton time. This has happened to me on countless occasions now and I assume to plenty of others as well. Two: Cheating - if the MP system worked in such a manner it could eliminate crashing the game purposefully to cheat, and this would obviously make tournaments way more legitimate.

Side note - can devs adjust the awards headline that shows up in the center of the screen which blocks watching your opponent's move? Cheers
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Re: Upload move in game

Post by a432 »

Yes please fix this bug! It is very frustrating! It just happened to me yesterday during my tournament round match. Had to re-do everything and the rolls were different! This forced my river crossing on the west to be different and not for the better.

https://youtu.be/VaHKEmcxGTw?t=6222
ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

a432 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:22 pm https://youtu.be/VaHKEmcxGTw?t=6222
Exactly that!
Skipper42
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Skipper42 »

It would fix another issue: Play a PzC round and explore the map, terminate PzC/Steam via task manager, reload the match and start again. But this time you know exactly the location of the enemy units... You can do the same, if the dice roll in a fight is not in your favor.
I had two matches, where my opponent bombed my units, which were hidden by the fog of war and had ALWAYS in EVERY turn the best possible outcome of his attacks.
I'm not a pro player, but this is annoying, as it feels like playing with a loaded dice...
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

Skipper42 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:54 am It would fix another issue: Play a PzC round and explore the map, terminate PzC/Steam via task manager, reload the match and start again. But this time you know exactly the location of the enemy units... You can do the same, if the dice roll in a fight is not in your favor.
I had two matches, where my opponent bombed my units, which were hidden by the fog of war and had ALWAYS in EVERY turn the best possible outcome of his attacks.
I'm not a pro player, but this is annoying, as it feels like playing with a loaded dice...
Players like this should pay the consequence. Multiple save loads get recorded on Slitherine end - all we need now is a rule in place to punish those who abuse this. Now, we all had issues with playing/uploading turns. I am guilty of this myself with my poor wifi, however anyone abusing the multiple save loads should be penalized.
Folklore
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Folklore »

Such a glaring issue is still in the game after 2+ years. If it's too heavy on the server, then at least store the steps locally.
ChristianC
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ChristianC »

Another thing that would be nice is an option to toggle a confirmation message when committing to move. So you don't make a move by mistake.

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”