Score update?

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Score update?

Post by a432 »

How does score updating work? I think round 5 might be bugged. I just won on turn Russian side turn 7 however the scores do no reflect my early win as of yet. My score only shows as 330 to his 361. My other round is still going showing 1121* to 105*. It should be giving me the +500 for a win and the extra points for the rest of the turns winning early
Attachments
score issue.jpg
score issue.jpg (12.35 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Score update?

Post by Trepko »

I've just watched your winning turn (Russian side) on Twitch. My bet is that the game was not correctly uploaded to the servers (you had the uploading error message and had to crash your game to be able to exit).
Why did you have this error message ? I don't know... maybe because you stayed too long in the "review battelfield" ? problem from your internet connection ? problem from steam or slitherine servers ? (however, I've never had this particular error message, and everytime I had uploading game problems it was coming from my own connection).
Edmon
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Edmon »

The * shows the game is not finished or the final calculations have not yet been done.

It should disappear after the game is over.
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

Edmon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:05 am The * shows the game is not finished or the final calculations have not yet been done.

It should disappear after the game is over.
I think the problem is concerning the 330/361 game, which has no * anymore, which means the game is considered as over (and calculations finished). For all my games, the calculations for a specific game were made as soon as this game ended (and not after both games of the round were over)
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

With a quick look over the score table, several games seems to have the same problem.

For this round 5, Operation Iskra: 5 VH * 20points/turn * 15 turns. Carefull, score is calculated with the VH you're holding at the begining of your turn. This means that a VH captured on turn X will only grant points at round X+1 (if you're still holding it of course...). This means that when the attacker (1st player) is capturing a VH, this VH won't grant him points for this turn, and it won't grant points to the defender (2nd player) neither. The VH will grant no points at all during this turn. To be precise, the contrary is not always true: if the defender is capturing a VH, it won't grant him points for this turn, but the VH may have granted points to the attacker for this turn if the attacker was holding it at the begining of his turn.

During struggling battles, a VH can switch side several times. With a very conservative hypothesis, let's say that every VH will only grant points to someone during 11 turns.

=> 5 * 20 * 11 = 1100 points.

Of course each game is different, but for this map it seems difficult to me that less than 75 core slots have been destroyed at the end the 15th turn (cumulating German & Russian).
=> 75 core slots * 2 = 150.

1100 + 150 = 1250.

==> Each game where cumulated score of both players is < 1250 is extremely weird.

Several finished games have a cumulated score < 1250 (or close to it)
kleko11 506
Daystick 572

paulwalvoord 382
rishat 402

a432 330
Gumbitron 361

Foxtrot_Uniform 321
Ihakara 702

mechelen 376
Moonshill 666

(a little more than 1250 for the next ones, but seems bugged to me nevertheless)
AntoineBertschy 215
royalcid 1144

Bravidstorm 626
wjohnson101a 815

Eskil10 590
Owi 794
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

https://youtu.be/__SBWxc7Q5s?t=1970

Yup I agree I think the "Review Battlefield' button is broken or glitched. After you press review battlefield you cannot proper end the battle, and instead receive this loop error. "Uploading the game" Request Failed Challenge already finished instance already finished. You have to alt-f4 to close the game, no other method will work.

Would if be possible if they can take a look at the panzer corps 2 servers and logs to fix or complete this loop?
Morrok
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Morrok »

I had similar feeling that points are not awarded correctly, when the Victory Hex near the Neva river (that one on the south) have changed the side several times during our game with Dardalon. Checked the scoreboard after every turn and it's like you have to maintain the victory hex for more than 1 turn ;/ It didn't happen in previous maps.
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

I checked scoreboard after every turn of my game with Folklore, and everything was correctly calculated each time. But indeed, a VH is begining to award you points the turn after you took it, and not from the turn you took it.
However, I have to admit that I discovered this rule only during this round, by carefully reading the briefing. Until now, I was believing that points were calculated with VH you were holding at the end of your turn, whereas it is calculated with VH you're holding at the begining of your turn.
That doesn't change much about strategy during the game (slightly, but not so much), but it is always nice to correctly understand how things work.
Brausebad
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Brausebad »

I also won both games against a tough opponent. Both games ended in the error message mentioned above. I didn't count points but it looks weird to me. My multiplayer games always end up with this error message. It seems the support needs to act urgently here.
PaganCyC
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by PaganCyC »

Won as Soviets on turn 7, no points for turn 7 or following rounds, no 500 points for winning, so 1400 points short just for that game.
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

1100 points down myself for a bug in Soviet game turn9 win. Was hoping to test it with Germans as well but forgot that last pesky bunker in the corner so will not be finishing early with Soviets (right now on turn 14, only that damn bunker left lol) Overall quite scary to see how many people are affected. Round 5 is practically finished and no official feedback.

*uses summon Edmon scroll while sacrificing a goat* -skinny goat but best I can do right now I am afraid... ;-)

EDIT: Just finished my German game...same bug as well *facepalm*
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Hi everyone, we've just released an update which should have fixed the issue.

Thanks for reporting it promptly.

Regarding the scoring, apparently everyone during the round was affected, so in a way the issue was pretty much equal, and it should have caused no player to be advantaged over others.
PaganCyC

Post by PaganCyC »

AlbertoC wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:48 pm ...
Regarding the scoring, apparently everyone during the round was affected, so in a way the issue was pretty much equal, and it should have caused no player to be advantaged over others.
That is clearly not true. The earlier the win as Soviets the more points lost.

Someone who won on turn 3 would have lost 1300 points but someone who won on turn 14 would have lost 200 points, and someone who never won lost 0 points.

All one has to do is look at the total points for a game and see roughly what each player lost.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

Hey AlbertoC,

Sorry to correct you but you are dead wrong. 1st place and 2nd place got effected by this unfairly, Trepko got the points, while kleko11 did not. Kleko11 has been cheated out of first place by this unfairness so has everyone else. It has not effected everyone equally some got the glitch, some did not. A review of the score needs to take place unless unfairness is part of this world tournament.
Trepko
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Trepko »

Yup, this is correct, my both games didn't crash when ending the games, and I got all the points
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by rexhurley »

AlbertoC wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:48 pm Hi everyone, we've just released an update which should have fixed the issue.

Thanks for reporting it promptly.

Another joke to go with the rest of this farcical event.
AlbertoC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AlbertoC »

Sorry about that, I will report this to the devs. We'll rectify the scores.
a432
OoB Tournament Winner
OoB Tournament Winner

Post by a432 »

AlbertoC,Thank you very much!

I appreciate this very much, I'm sure everyone else does as well! Thank you for listening to us
royalcid

Post by royalcid »

AlbertoC wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:40 pm Sorry about that, I will report this to the devs. We'll rectify the scores.
But shouldn't opponents then be re-paired for round 6 according to the corrected scores? :? :D
I start to consider it as the offical BETA World Championship.
May the best be among the best! (Maybe)
tkrysiak
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by tkrysiak »

AlbertoC wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:40 pm Sorry about that, I will report this to the devs. We'll rectify the scores.
Thank you for that, I am sure all of us with two games affected are much more optimistic now. I guess this is most true for those actually competing for top spots and within the reach of the podium.
In a regular tournament this wouldn't be a major issue, while still annoying, you would not have to carry over that handicap for the remainder of the year...

Return to “Panzer Corps 2: Multiplayer & Tournaments”