QRS??

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Napoleonics.

Moderators: hammy, terrys, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

Post Reply
nosher
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

QRS??

Post by nosher » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:53 am

Anyone managed to get around to replocating a decent font sized QRS that they are happy to share?

The QRS in the book is great but the font isn't doing my tired old eyes any favours

ulysisgrunt
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Posts: 968
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:59 pm
Location: The California Central Coast Wine Country

Re: QRS??

Post by ulysisgrunt » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:06 am

It is vital that the Errata and the QRS be in a readable format and type. One should not have to squint their eyes and furrow their forehead to read a set of rules.

Cheers
Danny Weitz

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4957
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 pm
Location: Capital of the World !!

Re: QRS??

Post by hazelbark » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Ulysisgrunt wrote:It is vital that the Errata and the QRS be in a readable format and type. One should not have to squint their eyes and furrow their forehead to read a set of rules.
Aren't wargamers known for their outstanding vision and reading ability?
:shock:

shadowdragon
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:29 pm
Location: Manotick, Ontario, Canada

Re: QRS??

Post by shadowdragon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:07 pm

hazelbark wrote:
Ulysisgrunt wrote:It is vital that the Errata and the QRS be in a readable format and type. One should not have to squint their eyes and furrow their forehead to read a set of rules.
Aren't wargamers known for their outstanding vision and reading ability?
:shock:
You've not visited TMP lately then.

....or, more precisely, each wargamer is known in his (or her) own mind for outstanding vision and reading (and interpreting of of rules) ability unlike every other wargamer. :lol:

mellis1644
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:40 pm

Re: QRS??

Post by mellis1644 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:29 pm

The quick play rules have something of a QRS in them. I hope the full QRS will be released as well. Hint hint...

nosher
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: QRS??

Post by nosher » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 am

nosher wrote:Anyone managed to get around to replocating a decent font sized QRS that they are happy to share?

The QRS in the book is great but the font isn't doing my tired old eyes any favours
I have had a bash at doing a QRS but haven't a clue how to post it here? I dont have a website which I could link it to and I dont suppose the authors would be too pleased if I took that route anyway, so what are my options in terms of hosting it here somewhere? :oops:

I'm not keen on being flooded with emails asking to post it on

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4957
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 pm
Location: Capital of the World !!

Re: QRS??

Post by hazelbark » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:38 pm

nosher wrote:
nosher wrote:Anyone managed to get around to replocating a decent font sized QRS that they are happy to share?

The QRS in the book is great but the font isn't doing my tired old eyes any favours
I have had a bash at doing a QRS but haven't a clue how to post it here? I dont have a website which I could link it to and I dont suppose the authors would be too pleased if I took that route anyway, so what are my options in terms of hosting it here somewhere? :oops:

I'm not keen on being flooded with emails asking to post it on
Field of Glory Napoleonic at Yahoo Groups.

jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine
Posts: 1139
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:41 am

Re: QRS??

Post by jdm » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:40 pm

And just to be on the safe side can you send over a copy for us to review.

Best wishes

JDM

nosher
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: QRS??

Post by nosher » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:57 pm

jdm wrote:And just to be on the safe side can you send over a copy for us to review.

Best wishes

JDM
Cheers JDM

where do I send it to? Link or email address would be good

Cheers

Paul

Chasseur
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Posts: 544
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:42 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: QRS??

Post by Chasseur » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:19 am

Hi,

hazelbark wrote

Code: Select all

Aren't wargamers known for their outstanding vision and reading ability?
Some are certainly known for their ability to read between the lines in competitions :D

Cheers,
John Shaw

Johndeterreneuve
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: QRS??

Post by Johndeterreneuve » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:44 pm

Can you provide a link for the Yahoo group, a search does not appear to yield a result.
John

http://fuentesdeonoro.blogspot.com/

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4957
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 pm
Location: Capital of the World !!

Re: QRS??

Post by hazelbark » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:03 pm


Johndeterreneuve
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:23 pm
Contact:

Re: QRS??

Post by Johndeterreneuve » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:59 pm

Thanks, I will sign up.

John
John

http://fuentesdeonoro.blogspot.com/

Rappelez-vous quel Voltaire a dit; "Dieu n'est pas du côté des grands bataillons, mais est du côté de ceux qui tirent mieux"

nosher
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: QRS??

Post by nosher » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Bump

This is with the team at slitherine so hopefully it will be available soon.

Astronomican
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Re: QRS??

Post by Astronomican » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:10 am

shadowdragon wrote:You've not visited TMP lately then.
A friend of mine recently stated:-

"If 'TMP' is in the answer then it must have been a really crappy question!" :P


Jimi

SirGarnet
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Posts: 2186
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:13 am

Re: QRS??

Post by SirGarnet » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:13 pm

The font in the book suffers from malnutrition - anemically small and thin - making it harder to read than the strapping, healthy text of earlier FOG rules. What does it profit a man to have wide boulevards of white space on the margins and cheerful empty lanes between the lines whilst the text doth cause his eyes to fail and wither?

Maybe the QRS fonting could be more solid and a little bolder and hence more distinctive even if no larger.

Scaling the pages up to Letter or A4 size as well would help.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory : Napoleonic Era 1792-1815 : General Discussion”