PanzerCorps Team Developer???

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Napoleonics.

Moderators: hammy, Blathergut, terrys, Slitherine Core

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

PanzerCorps Team Developer???

Post by Blathergut » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:13 am

If you click on a posting by terrys, or his name, it now shows: PanzerCorps Team Developer.

So is FoGN finished, as far as official support? I can't say I know the last time he posted here. It truly has been many months. :(

bahdahbum
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: PanzerCorps Team Developer???

Post by bahdahbum » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:59 am

If at least they could say something

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:12 am

When Terry retired he started doing some design work for Armageddon and another game we're working on. It's nothing to do with FoGN. I'll ask Terry to reply here :)

terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi guys, I guess I owe you an update on where we are.

I've shelved a full update to version 2. It really doesn't justify the time and effort involved (given number of sales and overall take-up).
I am working on a version 1.5 update though - It's about half complete.
This will be published on the Field of Glory site and be available for free download.

Depending on commitments elsewhere, it should be ready in about 2-4 weeks.

geoff
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by geoff » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Terrific news Terry. Such a good game system deserves to live on and this can only help. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Philip
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Philip » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:30 pm

That is good to hear. Thanks Terry for all your work on FOGN. It's such a great game :D

pugsville
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by pugsville » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:37 am

I play a lot of FOGN and enjoy it immensely. There is a strong group here in Melbourne and the League of Ancients Club in particular. We're growing FOGN slowly. We have a good tournament each year in July (20+ each year so far with a Strong NZ presence both in Numbers and in top played finishers), we have occasional big historical refights, normally some sort of campaign each year, as well as a host of friendlies during the year.

So thanks to Terry and all his work, it's been very much appreciated here in Melbourne.

bahdahbum

Post by bahdahbum » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:25 am

It's christmas again :-)

terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:00 pm

I play a lot of FOGN and enjoy it immensely. There is a strong group here in Melbourne and the League of Ancients Club in particular. We're growing FOGN slowly. We have a good tournament each year in July (20+ each year so far with a Strong NZ presence both in Numbers and in top played finishers), we have occasional big historical refights, normally some sort of campaign each year, as well as a host of friendlies during the year.
Sadly, take-up in the UK hasn't been great - as you'll notice by the lack of UK postings on the forum.
The players who do play thoroughly enjoy it and in my contact with different clubs that do use them, most use them for historical battles and campaign games.
Overall though. we haven't been able to draw many players away from using their existing rules - I think the 'FOG' brand marks it as main-stream, which put them off. Napoleonic players have always been quite defensive of their preferred set of rules.

The updates I have in mind don't warrant a full rewrite of the book. There's still a touch of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". So a free download is the best solution..... It's only looking like about 6 pages at most.

bahdahbum

Post by bahdahbum » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:13 pm

WE WILL WAIT ;;;IMPATIANTLY :D

marty
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by marty » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:43 pm

I think the 'FOG' brand marks it as main-stream, which put them off. Napoleonic players have always been quite defensive of their preferred set of rules.
Yeah it is an odd phenomenon. I have also encountered many people who have a bee in their bonnet about some aspect of another FOG game they don't like so they wont give FOG N a go. There are also more than a few Napoleonic players who don't like anything that is perceived as a "competition" set of rules.

There sometimes seems to be a sort of snobbery about Napoleonic gaming, especially in on-line discussions. It's as if a good set of rules should be only be played once a year, in a remote cave by a small group of aged devotees, who are the only people aware of the rules existence. The game itself should be a recreation of an encounter remarkable only for its obscurity.

Martin

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by deadtorius » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Thanks Terry. Looking forward to your 1.5 updates. As for rules a few years ago Blathergut and I played 3 other Nappy rule sets at a local convention, we both thought FOGN was the best and have never had a desire to switch rules.
A bit of FOG snobbery but I like these rules best :)

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:13 pm

terrys wrote: The updates I have in mind don't warrant a full rewrite of the book. There's still a touch of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". So a free download is the best solution..... It's only looking like about 6 pages at most.
Without a re write to improve the flow, understanding and readability of the rules there will be zero growth in new players.

bahdahbum

Post by bahdahbum » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 am

Any news ?

I know we only have 24 hours a day and we all need some sleeping but "any news? "

I also wonder, if the "update" will be limited, why not rewrite the specific part of the rules in the original PDF file and allow us a freedownload of the limited revised rules ....If Osprey does'nt excpect to sell more books , they might at least do a gesture

bahdahbum

Post by bahdahbum » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:18 am

I know , I am dreaming :D

Bar853
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Bar853 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:54 pm

It must be a small world. I have the same dream!!

bahdahbum

Post by bahdahbum » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:37 pm

I am dreaming of an update.

Return to “Field of Glory : Napoleonic Era 1792-1815 : General Discussion”