Chariots of War

PC : Turn based Empire building in the ancient Near East.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

benYohanan
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Chariots of War

Post by benYohanan »

Shalom to the developers of Chariots of War.

I have an ancient copy of this game that I got from a bargain bin and I like it a lot. Unfortunately there are some compatibility issues. I am running a Lenovo Ideapad s400 and when I minimize the game it gets squished and is covered in psychedelic colors. I had to create a disk image to be able to run it as this machine is inexpensive and has no cd drive. That being said, I would like to encourage Slitherine to remake, reboot, or make a sequel to this game. I know that you guys are working on an iPad version. I would hope that you would do at least two things. Make an Android version (android does have a higher market share) and update the PC version with any possible fixes and improvements. This game, while I have only played it briefly, is WONDERFUL. I love that I can play as so many nations. Your game is one of the very, very few which feature playable Jewish faction(s). (Even rarer is Ancient Israel.) I do not currently own an android device. But I intend to purchase a Nexus 7 once I can afford it to replace my broken Transformer tablet. I like Slitherine because it is an independent company, no malarky from publishers forcing you guys to put out loads of ‘DLC.’ That being said, I’ve bought two your games. This one, and Great Battles Medieval. (To be honest GBM is not very good and not fun imo. Sorry...) I would be willing to purchase a sequel to CoW. I do not buy very many games. This is because I am a poor history student in central Florida. But I’d scrape enough to purchase this game if you guys made a new one. How about at least an enhanced edition with improvements gameplay, graphics, compatibility and fixes?I would strongly encourage that building, trade, recruitment, economics and so forth would be simplified for a greater audience. ( I would prefer it to be simpler myself.) Having the player do the preparations and having the AI fight the battles is a very interesting and unique idea. I like it a lot. Here’s why it’s a good idea. It makes battles more enjoyable to casual players who aren’t excellent and swift players of Total War. And it adds the element of your army functioning through a chain of command. In real life, you would have to have a number of swift riders to give orders and get situational updates from officers on the different flanks or parts of the field. Furthermore, I actually like watching the battle for once, instead of having to intensely attack, defend, counterattack and pay attention to maneuvers. That being said, I think that making a sequel, or a game has faction inclusive as this during this era (yes it is eras but it is great), provided it was a good game, has a place in huge gaming communities such as Twcenter. How about it Slitherine?

Godspeed
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Chariots of War

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Ben

thanks for the message. The issue on your PC is the desktop colour depth. If you change to 16 bit desktop the game will look ok. It it because things have changed a lot in the 10 years since CoW was created.

I'm moving this to the CoW support forum to keep thigns tidy.

Cheers

Iain
benYohanan

Re: Chariots of War

Post by benYohanan »

I just wanted to let you guys know how much I like your game. my name isn't Ben though. ben Yohanan means son of John in Hebrew. I call myself that in honor of my grandfather.

Return to “Chariots of War”