Buccaneer Army

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Renaissance Wars.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

marshalney2000
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Buccaneer Army

Post by marshalney2000 »

Over the last few years, I have bought a few superbly painted armies from Simon Clarke of which this is one. Now up on EBay UK. Not cheap I am afraid but those who salivate over Simon's armies know that the price of his paint brush skills are well justified.
John
marshalney2000

Re: Buccaneer Army

Post by marshalney2000 »

For those wishing to see a lot more and infinitely superior photos of this army, Simon has photos of every unit in the gallery on his Lurkio Blog. Salivating stuff.
John
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

Too scared to use it then...?

Trust me, they are pretty decent if you get lucky!
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

Porter, you scurvy dog ( and lots of other piratical phrases) how dare you accuse Black John and his crew of cowardice. My boys are the scourge of the Scoonie boat pond and have sailed the length and breadth of the Somerset Levels.
I have referred your comments, to my loyal crew and in particular to my second in command Hunter ( Mr Smee ) Hope. There is man who does not know the meaning of the word disloyalty and indeed struggles with the meaning of most words that are more than one syllable. He has sworn an oath that before Britcon is finished that you will be swimming with the daisies down in Don Avis's locker.
You will face the torture prescribed by our company articles, you will be whipped within an inch of your life ( you will enjoy that), be hung from the highest yardarm and then have your gizzard split with a boat hook. This is has been known since Braveheart as getting a Mel Gibson. As the final fiendish touch you will be forced to eat a Britcon burger for lunch.
Seriously, I agree this is a good army to fight with as well as a lot of fun. I would even face Alasdair's mounted hordes providing of course I can deploy on my compulsory island in the middle of the table.
John
ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by ravenflight »

marshalney2000 wrote:Porter, you scurvy dog ( and lots of other piratical phrases) how dare you accuse Black John and his crew of cowardice. My boys are the scourge of the Scoonie boat pond and have sailed the length and breadth of the Somerset Levels.
I have referred your comments, to my loyal crew and in particular to my second in command Hunter ( Mr Smee ) Hope. There is man who does not know the meaning of the word disloyalty and indeed struggles with the meaning of most words that are more than one syllable. He has sworn an oath that before Britcon is finished that you will be swimming with the daisies down in Don Avis's locker.
You will face the torture prescribed by our company articles, you will be whipped within an inch of your life ( you will enjoy that), be hung from the highest yardarm and then have your gizzard split with a boat hook. This is has been known since Braveheart as getting a Mel Gibson. As the final fiendish touch you will be forced to eat a Britcon burger for lunch.
Seriously, I agree this is a good army to fight with as well as a lot of fun. I would even face Alasdair's mounted hordes providing of course I can deploy on my compulsory island in the middle of the table.
John
Meh, only a person who feels they have to compensate for their lack of bravery would name themselves after the bravest of the brave! And before you go threatening me with all sorts of torture, you alreasy deported me to the Antipodes, what else you got?

:)
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

Ah, the Antipodes - a nice pub outside Hull as I recall.
John
marshalney2000

Post by marshalney2000 »

Aye, another thing. Yet another example of the English ganging up against the poor Scots. First this correspondence and then you send George Osbourne and sleekit Davy Cameron up to see us - whatever next. We had better close the border before Dave Ruddock makes a guest appearance North of the Border!! If that happens then the fiery cross will be touring the glens.
John

Return to “Field of Glory : Renaissance Wars : General Discussion”