Game Speed

iOS/Android/PC General Discussion Forum for Conquest! Medieval Realms a turn-based puzzle/strategy game for up to 8 players.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

sm1780
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game Speed

Post by sm1780 »

This game appeared from the previews to be an elaboration of Sean O'Connor's old game "Slay" (which is why I bought it), and so it proved to be. But while the basic game is essentially identical to Slay, the Advanced Game additions (new units, buildings, gameplay tweaks) deepen the strategy and elevate a pretty good game into a pretty great one. Much praise to the developers for creating a game with such tremendous replay value.

The only quibble I have is that the AI turns zip by too fast. Not being a brilliant strategist, I often think I'm ending my turn with well defended territories impervious to attack, only to find seconds later that the AI has torn me apart, splitting my impregnable homeland into worthless islands of ruin. Because the AI has moved so quickly, I have no idea how this happened and no choice but to end the game and start over.

Is it possible to tweak the game speed so the player can follow the action? A speed something along the lines of Commander:EAW would at least allow the player to see what the AI is doing and learn how the current untenable position was so swiftly reached.

All in all, a great game that looks like it will consume many hours of my time. I just wish I had the option to adjust how quickly those many hours will pass.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

I'm glad you like the game.

I can't promise anything, but any feature requests that people make are noted and we will seriously consider them when, as is inevitable, there is a patch for the game.
Sammual69
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Game Speed

Post by Sammual69 »

sm1780 wrote:This game appeared from the previews to be an elaboration of Sean O'Connor's old game "Slay" (which is why I bought it), and so it proved to be.
I was a big fan of Slay and now that you mention it this is an in depth version of it.

Anyone that enjoyed Slay will like this game at least as much.

Sammual
Seleukos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Seleukos »

I like the game a lot. But I agree, being able to replay the AI turn would be a plus.

Return to “Conquest!”