DirectX Support

Tech support for Conquest - requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

michael1776
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

DirectX Support

Post by michael1776 »

I'd love to say that I enjoyed playing the game, but I can't...yet. I can't install the game. Prior to installation I get a pop-up which states that I do not have the proper version of Direct X to proceed. I am told I need DirectX 9.0C which I already have installed on my PC. After this my only other option is to shut down the installation process. I do have the corrct version of DirectX. I have Windows XP Professional installed, and I easily surpass the hardware requirements.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,
Michael
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Sorry you are having probelms. There are many versions of DirectX 9.0c so can you try grabbing the latest version from Microsoft?
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Microsoft updates directx 9.0c every 2 months - the game requires a fairly recent version of directx to run.

To avoid headaches, here's a link to a recent version: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
michael1776

Thanks

Post by michael1776 »

I didn't realize that there were different versions of Directx 9.0c I will try the link and give it a go later on today. Again thank you.

REgards,
Michael
tubbydaddy

Post by tubbydaddy »

I have not had the directx problems (I downloaded the update from microsoft). My problem is the graphics. I have installed conquest on 2 pc units. On the off-line pc I have difficulty with 3 screens - the opening one with the slitherine logo on it: the problem is that the writing at the bottom is blurred to the point of being unreadable; the screen following the opening screen that allows you to pick single player, tutorial etc is pixellated and the tutorial screen is just a jumbled mess of words and split pictures. On my on-line pc it works fine. The only difference between my 2 pcs is the processor: the off-line is a P4 2.4ghz and the on-line is a Centrino 1.8ghz.. They both have 128mb graphic cards. Do you think its driver related or cell shaded?

Gary
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Those are some fairly dispirate symptoms. I would definitely update the drivers for the video cards (you don't say what kind they are). You might also want to ensure you are up to date with any Windows updates etc.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Conquest! : Tech Support”