1.5: Crash when trying to change screen resolution (SOLVED)

Tech support for Conquest - requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Innocence
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

1.5: Crash when trying to change screen resolution (SOLVED)

Post by Innocence »

Just upgraded to 1.5, and this bug didn't occur in 1.4 to the best of my knowledge. Log submitted and pasted below.

The error message is in Danish and reads: Index out of bounds. Must not be negative and must be less than size of collection.

Sounds like you ar trying to use an invalid array index.
__

Error during mouse event handling:

Error: Indekset lå uden for området. Det må ikke være negativt og skal være mindre end størrelsen på samlingen.

Parameternavn: index

Stack Trace:
ved System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)

ved System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()

ved System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)

ved UtilLib.cSettings.GetResolution(Int32 ID)

ved Conquest.cGameMenuForm.RedoRes()

ved Conquest.cGameMenuForm.ResDown_onClick(Object Sender)

ved Conquest.cButton.HandleMouseEvent(Int32 x, Int32 y, MouseButtons b, MouseEvents e)

ved Conquest.cBaseForm.HandleMouseEvent(Int32 x, Int32 y, MouseButtons b, MouseEvents e)

ved Conquest.cFormManager.TryMouseEvent(Int32 x, Int32 y, MouseButtons buttons, MouseEvents e)
Last edited by Innocence on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

While the error message is pretty self-explanatory, it doesn't really tell us much about why this would happen.

Base on the error reports which i have received, it appears that this problem occurs any time you click the arrow buttons next to the resolution - but why it does this i have no idea. I have tested it myself and it all appears to work, in addition to this i can tell you that none of the code which was modified between 1.4 and 1.5 could be responsible for this.

My best guess is that your settings file may have become corrupted - you can try deleting it and then running the game (the game will auto-generate a new settings file).

The file can be found in "My Documents\My Games\Conquest! Medieval Realms\Settings.xml"

Let us know if this works or not, if it doesn't we'll look into other possible causes.
Innocence

Post by Innocence »

Jekky wrote:My best guess is that your settings file may have become corrupted - you can try deleting it and then running the game
I worked, thanks :)
The file can be found in "My Documents\My Games\Conquest! Medieval Realms\Settings.xml"
Heh, just found out they've changed the path in Vista from "C:\Documents and Setting\<username>\My Documents..." to C:\Users\<username>\Documents..." :D
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

That's good to hear :)

Return to “Conquest! : Tech Support”