Conquest Medieval Realms Game Freezes on IPad3

Tech support for Conquest - requires forum registration.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Conquest Medieval Realms Game Freezes on IPad3

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Sirs,

I have seen other topics on Conquest Medieval Realms randomly freezing. I downloaded this game a few days ago onto my new iPad3. As the iPad was bought only a couple of weeks ago it will be running the latest iOS. Like your other correspondents I am now also experiencing random freezing when I play the game. When I first bought the game, the game played perfectly. However, on the third day the game started to freeze at random intervals to the extent that I have been unable to complete any more games. The only difference I can see between days 1 and 2 and subsequent days is that on the third day I had begun to play on the most complex maps with the highest AI level. I have tried reducing map complexity and AI levels but to no avail, the random freezing spoils each game. The only other point of note is that I have only been playing the "Custom Game".

If you have, or intend to develop, a fix for the problem I would be very grateful to receive it. when I buy a new McBook Pro, hopefully before the end of June, I intend to buy your selection of wargames that run on OS X, I hope they will not freeze.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

Regards,

Steve Shaw.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Re: Conquest Medieval Realms Game Freezes on IPad3

Post by Jekky »

We have a new patch for Conquest currently going through apple's submission process, so it should be available soon, and should resolve your freezing issues.
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Jekky,

Thanks very much for your swift reply. Will you be posting a notice somewhere so that owners of the game will know they have to download a patch from some location?

Regards,

Steve.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

As soon as Apple grants us their approval, it will be announced and of course you will notice it will be automatically made available through iTunes and the App Store Update application.

The Android patch version 1.2 was already released last week as here we don`t have the constant approval process for every new version... so even if we have a patch ready it takes more time to get it up to iTunes than it does at GooglePlay.
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Tim,

Thanks for the information, I will keep an eye out for the announcement.

Regards,

Steve.
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

Conquest! Medieval Realms patch version 1.2 is ready and out for both Android as iOS.

What’s new in Conquest! version 1.2:

• You can now save games in progress and continue later.
• Game now auto-saves every turn and resumes when you start again.
• Difficulty settings have been adjusted to give a greater challenge to advanced players.
• Conquest mode difficulty level now scales as you progress through the maps.
• Several bug and crash fixes.
Please check if the update resolves you problems, maybe even delete and reinstall, but would be cool to get some feedback if we killed the bug... thanks.
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Tim,

I replied to your request for feedback on the new version 1.2, a few days ago, however I cannot see that reply in this topic chain. So, something must have gone wrong with my reply and it never reached the forum. So, this is my second attempt to reply to your request for feedback.

I deleted my installation of Conquest on the day that the 1.2 version came out and reinstalled the whole game at version 1.2 as you requested that I should. However, the newly installed game froze just as often as before (I tried to play the game 10 times just to be sure). Thus, I deleted the game a second time, reinstalled it again and played it five more times. unfortunately, the result was always the same, the game eventually froze at seemingly random points.

to be positive, the AI did seem more ferocious than before. With the freezing though I cannot finish a game.

for information, my machine is a new iPad 3 and I always atempt to play Conquest on the maximum AI setting. I hope the above is of some help, if can try anything else out further on the game please let me know.

Regards,

Steve.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Hi Steve

would you be interested in giving us your UDID (its like a serial number for your iPad needed to authorize a debug version to run) so we can get you a debug version to run on your iPad3 where it crashes to help us try and track it down?

Cheers

Iain
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Iain,

I will be very happy to run a debug version of Conquest on my iPad 3. My UDID (as gleaned by the free UDID app) is

45b12bac84641b47b1f84f02d1686d818c6b1380

I hope the above helps.

regards,

Steve.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks Steve!

Can you PM me your e-mail address so we can get you set up.

Cheers

Iain
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Iain,

my email address is XX REMOVED XX

regards,

Steve.
stevenpannell
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by stevenpannell »

H,

I am having the same problem on iPad 2. Just freezes when selecting a unit.
not really playable at the moment.
Steve.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks Steve - I have passed your email address to the team and we have added your UDID. They'll be in contact with info on what to download and how to test it for us.

Steven thanks for the offer - I am waiting to hear if we can get you added to the test team to!
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Steve - I sent you an email with details of how to test the debug version of the game, but i received back an email which simply said "Please remove me from all your databases" - guessing my mail got lost in a spam filter someplace?
steveshaw
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by steveshaw »

Dear Jekky,

I am sorry that you got that reply. I have indeed been having a lot of spam and other dubious emails in the past two weeks from many sources. Perhaps in response I have made my settings too stringent. I have altered the settings and I would be very grateful if you could send your email again. Sorry to put you to this trouble.

Regards,

Steve.
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

stevenpannell wrote:H,

I am having the same problem on iPad 2. Just freezes when selecting a unit.
not really playable at the moment.
Steve.
If you are interested, we can also get you a test build - it probably won't work any better, but you would be able to give us a log file with more detailed information about the problem, which in turn would help us to eliminate the problem.

Please be aware though, that to run a test build you need to use itunes (or the iphone configuration utility) from your PC or Mac to sync the app to your device - if you don't normally sync with itunes this may cause some issues for you (itunes is not the greatest software).
Adsarf
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Adsarf »

I am having this problem with an ipad2. Since buying the game i've not been able to complete a turn, still less the game. I've tried reinstalling about half a dozen times now, without effect.
stevenpannell

Post by stevenpannell »

Hi,

Sure I would like to help. I get the uuid and post it.

Regards,
Steven.
stevenpannell

Post by stevenpannell »

Finally Dug it out.

a32e9347b9d6ed9f8dafc5ac99be00edc47d1c9b

Guess you can grab my email address from the forum??

Regards,
Steven
Jekky
Illustrious Software
Illustrious Software

Post by Jekky »

Apparently we can't just get your email from the forum - can you send it to me in a PM please?

Return to “Conquest! : Tech Support”