Morris vs Plaid (Allies surrender)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Morris vs Plaid (no Morris here please)

Post by Crazygunner1 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:01 am

Its only end of 42....to land in France that is the risk you take in order to gain distraction, you very rarely achieve much else, thech is simply to low. Setback in Russia though....43 will be more difficult than usual.

Return to France in summer 43 with an even better, stronger force...

The axis has drained a lot of resources in 42...he will probably be down below 75% in manpower soon, if not already.

zechi
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by zechi » Fri May 04, 2012 8:25 am

richardsd wrote: I disagree, the west is toast without a port, German MECH's will sweep the field in bad weather as the allied TAC's will be close to useless in bad weather
I assume your answer refers to my comment :?: I think it depends on how many forces the Axis player can bring to the west. In the last screenshot I can only spot 2 German MECHs, one of them depleted and a lot of INF (including minor Axis and Italians). Will not be so easy to destroy the invaders with such a force from my point of view. Of course if Morris brings in more MECHs, ARM and perhaps some air support, he could crush the Allies.

richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by richardsd » Fri May 04, 2012 9:38 am

in response to both previous comments - yes!

1. this 42 landing will be toast without a port, 43 is a totally different story - this game is still in the balance, maybe, only maybe, Morris has the advantage but there is still a long way to go

2. this landing will be toast without a port because Morris will send MECH's in winter to clean it up (more MECH's, he can easily move them form Russia or just build them)

Plaid
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Plaid » Fri May 11, 2012 9:52 am

In this game is now january 1943.
Didn't bother to take pictures, as nothing special happens.

Axis completely destroyed western invasion as soon as fair weather ended.

In USSR axis also advanced a bit east of Moscow and stopped because of winter.

I have created some sort of new soviet army, but was not able to mount any sort of winter offencive.

Lets hope that german 330 armor losses will pay off one day.

Plaid

Re: Morris vs Plaid (Allies surrender)

Post by Plaid » Fri May 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Well, I played this game further, into mid - 1943 only to find me losing on all fronts.
Axis actually made it to Baku and secured place, destroying soviet southern forces.
With a result like this I don't even have time to threat axis capitals by 1945, so I decided to surrender this game, being heavily outplayed.
Yes, idea to land in France in 1942 was bad, so was idea to hold so far to the west in USSR in 1941.
If next game ever happens, I will do much better.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Morris vs Plaid (Allies surrender)

Post by Morris » Fri May 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Actually , I felt very nervous when allies landing in France in 1942 . Finally I defeated the landing is just because I won the Moscow compaign .Otherwise it would be the u turn point of this pbem . I was lucky . But It seems prove one thing , if Axis make up its mind to against Allies 1942 landing . It is possible but very expensive & risky !

Thanks plaid made this great AAR ! He is a great soldier I do respect ! It is my pleasure to play with him !
Good luck ! Plaid

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”