Alec Axis vs Morris Allies

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Alec Axis vs Morris Allies

Post by Morris »

Hi Everyone :

Here is an AAR with Mr Alec . Mr Alec was my first oppoent when I joined in beta team in 2010 . But unfortunately , Alec was too busy to finish our pbem since he had to invest most of his time in the GS Manual . So I am so happy to have this opportunity to share the pbem joy with him !

Welcome Alec to vist & common in this AAR !

Please enjoy the game ! :)
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Alec Axis vs Morris Allies

Post by Morris »

Sept 1st 1939 fair

Axis attack Polland with part of its power . two Tacs & two arms were absent , it is obviously that there will be a Axis bliz again ( after Joe , Plaid & Max ).

Is the 1939 bliz a new fashion ? :lol:

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Sept 21st 1939 fair

The bliz come as expected , but Axis fail to take both Belgium & Holland . It gave Allies a chance to move into Belgium & defend around Brussel . It looks like another style of Dyle plan ,but Allies won't afford for the penalty .

Polland still alive .

pre turn

after move

Cybvep
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Cybvep »

That's WORSE than Dyle. The Allies don't suffer the consequences of Dyle, but get similar benefits. This will give you a big advantage.
Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Yes...agree.....if he is not lucky with the weather i think he might run into problems both in Poland and for sure in Belgium and Holland.

Morris, you are beeing bad :shock: setting up a beginner like this
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:Yes...agree.....if he is not lucky with the weather i think he might run into problems both in Poland and for sure in Belgium and Holland.

Beginner ??!! Alec was the first my opponent in 2010 ,& he is the one who make the GS Manual . Do you consider this kind of soldier as a beginner ? :shock:

I am not sure whether he is an elite since I still have no experience to finish a pbem with him , but a least he is a veteran . :)

BTW , I never AAR the pbems with beginners .
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Oct 11th 1939 fair

Polland was lucky to survive as empty Warsaw . Pollish launch suiside attack , we are able to attack their FTR ! 2steps score !

In the west ,we also attack the Tac in fortress & score 1 step !

pre turn

Belgium

Polland

after move

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Morris wrote:
Crazygunner1 wrote:Yes...agree.....if he is not lucky with the weather i think he might run into problems both in Poland and for sure in Belgium and Holland.

Beginner ??!! Alec was the first my opponent in 2010 ,& he is the one who make the GS Manual . Do you consider this kind of soldier as a beginner ? :shock:

I am not sure whether he is an elite since I still have no experience to finish a pbem with him , but a least he is a veteran . :)

BTW , I never AAR the pbems with beginners .
I just never seen him around...what is his profile name here in the forum? I don´t think i have played a game against him...

With all due respect to Alec, Morris you put up a player who Blitz and fail to take Belgium the most important objective on the first turn of attack, as on the same level as Joerock Elite??? Holland even survies.... Warzaw is not occupied despite the unit being destroyed? Can you explain the wisdom of having one fighter still in Poland rather than on the western front wehre it is useful? This is hardly the choices that for instance Joe would make or any Elite player for that matter...i think veteran players will do better than this.

Perhaps Alec is trying something new and didn´t really plan it through...could also be the case. I have no intention to come down hard on Alec ...but it upsets me to see remarks by other members that are deny the obvious.
Kragdob
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Kragdob »

I must agree - this looks like disaster for the Axis and it is only turn 3.
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

OK , Mr Alex's full mame is Alex MacDonell . He is one of the original beta tester & the editor of GS Manual 2.1 .

Since he was too busy to do the work of Manual ( more than 600 pages) , he maybe has few chance to play pbems recently . But Anyway he is not a beginner .

I accepted that Axis had a very bad beginning in this AAR with many mistakes & bad luck . But If anyone made stupid mistake was considered as a beginner , maybe I should be one of them ! :lol: As you know , I had lost Italy by unguard a rail rub , lost Finland by forget Tallin , wait for Free french until 1944 without Dow Vichy ......

Anyway maybe this is like the game of golf. I was once told that a good player was not the one that almost always had a good shot but was the one that always could recover well from a shot to the rough (I.e. Recover from a bad shot). Let's hope Alex wil be able to recover . :)

Good luck to Alex ! :)
Cybvep

Post by Cybvep »

There is little variability in 1939 and since the Axis is "expected" to score some success early on and the standard scenarios (Sitzkrieg or 1-turn conquest of Belgium) are much more beneficial for the Axis than the one which emerged in your AAR, I think that it will end in a disaster for the Axis player. The Axis cannot afford any blunders in the first two years, so when they happen, you need a MAJOR Allied blunder in order to have a chance to recover.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Cybvep wrote:There is little variability in 1939 and since the Axis is "expected" to score some success early on and the standard scenarios (Sitzkrieg or 1-turn conquest of Belgium) are much more beneficial for the Axis than the one which emerged in your AAR, I think that it will end in a disaster for the Axis player. The Axis cannot afford any blunders in the first two years, so when they happen, you need a MAJOR Allied blunder in order to have a chance to recover.
unfortunately , you are quite right ! :(
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Oct 31 st 1939 mud

Axis stop their steps to wait for the reinforcement from Polland . We can dig & take a coffee break .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Nov 20th 1939 fair

Axis attack Brussel & kill a French Gar . But they did not had courage to move into the blank hex & we refill it by new French gar .

pre turn

after move

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Dec 10th 1939 winter

One more French Gar dead , we refill it by a new one . Nothing else .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Dec 30th 1939------Jan 19th 1940 winter

Axis continue their attack in winter , we lost two more Gars .

Last edited by Morris on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Dec 30th 1939------Jan 19th 1940 winter

Axis continue their attack in winter , we lost two more Gars .

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Feb 28th 1940----Mar 19th 1940 fair

Weather turn fair ,Axis launch full attack in Belgium & conquered Brussel . we retreat to the second defence position .

Feb 28th

Mar 19th

pre yurn

after move

Crazygunner1
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Crazygunner1 »

Morris, your french forces seem thin, did you build a tank or another fighter with france?
Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Morris »

Crazygunner1 wrote:Morris, your french forces seem thin, did you build a tank or another fighter with france?
No sir . Since it was a bliz from 1939 ,I had no pp to build even a Mech . Just Gar & Corp . :)

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”