AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

After action reports for Commander Europe at War.

Moderators: rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:16 pm

Oct 5th 1940 fair


We did not get lucky weather . It was still fair ! London fall . Liverpool was attacked & hold . Maybe will fall next turn . The Med fleet come back to defend Scotland .





Image







Image

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:10 am

Oct 25th 1940------Nov 14th 1940 fair fair fair !!


Since the bad luck in weather , Liverpool fall on time . Finally Axis conquer almost Whole England before bad weather , But UK will fight to last person in Scotland & Northern Ireland . With the help of Med fleet , we did hope they could hold longer......





Image

duncanr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Posts: 367
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 pm

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by duncanr » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:28 pm

the Axis has not committed great strength to Sealion - I would be thinking about what else might be in the works

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:01 pm

duncanr wrote:the Axis has not committed great strength to Sealion - I would be thinking about what else might be in the works

Mainbody of the land troops with whole Luftwaffe & whole Navy are involved in sealion except some Italians & Gars .....

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:48 am

Dec 4th 1940 winter


Winter give British a second to take a breath . but meanwhile in Lybia , Axis start its offense . it is strange that Topruk is empty ? ! Is it trap or a mistake ? However we just take it first , it is too attractive since after losing Britain ,UK is very poor :(




Image

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:03 pm

Dec 24th 1940 winter




A Germany corp land in Lybia . but it is not too dangerous unless more troops will land later .



Image









Casualties by the end of 1940



Image

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Jan 13rd 1941 winter


1941 comes . This will be miserable year for the Allies . The weak UK will have to fight with the strong Axis alone :(


In Lybia , The 8th army badly hurt the landing Germany corp by the help of RAF ! the Tank is coming back from Topruk to counter attack more coming landing troops .....


Meanwhile ,we plan to send the Australian & newzealand troops to Scotland to try a better defense there.


Image

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:41 pm

This is very strange play by Supermax. He never does anything without a master plan. However, I can't see what that is.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:46 pm

Stauffenberg wrote:This is very strange play by Supermax. He never does anything without a master plan. However, I can't see what that is.
He has just accomplished a sucessful sealion ! UK is going to bankrupt .....

SharpHalos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by SharpHalos » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:56 am

Stauffenberg wrote:This is very strange play by Supermax. He never does anything without a master plan. However, I can't see what that is.
Looks like he just changed his mind this time; finding that landing riskier than he thought.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:58 am

SharpHalos wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:This is very strange play by Supermax. He never does anything without a master plan. However, I can't see what that is.
Looks like he just changed his mind this time; finding that landing riskier than he thought.
Are you a fortune teller ? :D

SharpHalos
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:00 pm

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by SharpHalos » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:55 am

Morris wrote:
SharpHalos wrote:
Stauffenberg wrote:This is very strange play by Supermax. He never does anything without a master plan. However, I can't see what that is.
Looks like he just changed his mind this time; finding that landing riskier than he thought.
Are you a fortune teller ? :D
Sure why not! It's either that or he is trying to bait some naval or land units into a poor position.

Whenever I play the AI I always try and cut off the 8th and that looks exactly what max was trying to do. Leaving Tobruk empty had to either be a simple mistake or he was trying to lure the 8th. And given Morris is known for heavy aggression maybe he thought he would have sent more than just the ARM.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:40 am

Feb 2nd 1941----Feb 22nd 1941 winter



In Scotland we transport more troops to set up a weak defense line . Just wish longer bad weather......


In Med , Finally we find the main Axis reforcement are coming from west of Topruk . This is the most terrible thing for UK . Since part of the 8th army were transported back to Britain , only few left in Middle east . If Axis make up its mind to invade middleeast , nothing will stop them but god ...... :(




Image








Image

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:30 pm

March 13th ----Apr 3rd MUD---FAIR



It is really a nightmare of British ! In March , I just consider it impossible to conquer Glaskow in one turn by only two ground attack & TACs support , So I supply the DD in the port ( it was so expensive cost then ). But when I opened the Apr 3rd file , Glaskow was gone ! :o It was a Mech with a defense bonus general with 3 entrench ment ! :cry:

The rest defense in Scotland turns to meaningless . we have to move to Northern Ireland .......


Image

Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier
Posts: 4708
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Oslo, Norway

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Peter Stauffenberg » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:59 pm

2 Luftwaffe bombers can really deplete land units. Especially if the unit was low on morale.

It seems like even Northern Ireland can be lost. Have you considered trying to evacuate your air units from Northern Ireland before it becomes too late to use the port. It's obvious Supermax is going for the kill here. The units in Northern Ireland will be sitting ducks to the Luftwaffe with no place to retreat.

If things go really bad you might have to DOW Ireland to escape to the ports in Ireland to retreat. That can make getting back into Britain easier when USA is in the war. Germany will get more hexes to defend from land invasions.

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Diplomaticus » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Hey, guys. Back after a *very* long hiatus... and I see Max up to his old tricks still!

I am not up to speed on all of the latest changes to the game, but based on past experience in earlier versions of the game, there's no need for Morris to panic. Make Max bleed where you can, and slow him down. Time will be on your side, Morris. I have no idea what Max was thinking, leaving Tobruk empty, but that mistake will make Max pay too high a price for Egypt, I think.

Thanks for doing yet another fascinating AAR!

--Diplomaticus

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:20 am

Stauffenberg wrote:2 Luftwaffe bombers can really deplete land units. Especially if the unit was low on morale.

It seems like even Northern Ireland can be lost. Have you considered trying to evacuate your air units from Northern Ireland before it becomes too late to use the port. It's obvious Supermax is going for the kill here. The units in Northern Ireland will be sitting ducks to the Luftwaffe with no place to retreat.

If things go really bad you might have to DOW Ireland to escape to the ports in Ireland to retreat. That can make getting back into Britain easier when USA is in the war. Germany will get more hexes to defend from land invasions.

1 the mech's morale in Glaskow was above 70 ( there was still no morale loss since enough units in UK then ) :(


2 Nice suggestion for invading Ireland ! If I knew this I would do this before Max :(

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:35 am

Diplomaticus wrote:Hey, guys. Back after a *very* long hiatus... and I see Max up to his old tricks still!

I am not up to speed on all of the latest changes to the game, but based on past experience in earlier versions of the game, there's no need for Morris to panic. Make Max bleed where you can, and slow him down. Time will be on your side, Morris. I have no idea what Max was thinking, leaving Tobruk empty, but that mistake will make Max pay too high a price for Egypt, I think.

Thanks for doing yet another fascinating AAR!

--Diplomaticus
Welcome back ! Long time no see !


Regarding to your good wish ,please think it over that after losing Britain , UK will suffer heavy morale loss ; after losing Irac & Iran , Uk will only get less than 6pp per turn; after losing RN , UK will get no convoy against Max's big Axis navy ; after losing Britain, Irac , Suez , USA almost have no choice to land ; after UK 's morale loss , Malta & Giberoto will lose by BB bomb , then Med will be Axis sea , Allies has no entrance to get in ......... After all above ,what do you think of Allies's fate ?

Diplomaticus
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 447
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Diplomaticus » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Morris wrote: Regarding to your good wish ,please think it over that after losing Britain , UK will suffer heavy morale loss ; after losing Irac & Iran , Uk will only get less than 6pp per turn; after losing RN , UK will get no convoy against Max's big Axis navy ; after losing Britain, Irac , Suez , USA almost have no choice to land ; after UK 's morale loss , Malta & Giberoto will lose by BB bomb , then Med will be Axis sea , Allies has no entrance to get in ......... After all above ,what do you think of Allies's fate ?
What, the mighty Morris giving up hope already? Nonsense!

Take a look back at my old matchup with Mr. Supermax, the "Fortress Europa II" one (2012). All of the observers of that AAR were sure that the Allies were finished, that the Axis were headed for a Major Victory. That's because Max had swept through France, then blitzed through Britain, built a great fleet, captured both Suez and Gibraltar, was generating 200PP/turn, etc., etc.

But look what happened in the end: The Allies' superior manpower and production won the day, and Berlin fell in March '45.

So I say the Allies just need to be patient and weather the storm. I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of one of Max's schemes, but (unless the game has changed too much since the old days) the Allies can always bounce back.

Morris
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2275
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:00 am

Re: AAR : Supermax (Axis ) vs Morris (Allies)

Post by Morris » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Diplomaticus wrote:
Morris wrote: Regarding to your good wish ,please think it over that after losing Britain , UK will suffer heavy morale loss ; after losing Irac & Iran , Uk will only get less than 6pp per turn; after losing RN , UK will get no convoy against Max's big Axis navy ; after losing Britain, Irac , Suez , USA almost have no choice to land ; after UK 's morale loss , Malta & Giberoto will lose by BB bomb , then Med will be Axis sea , Allies has no entrance to get in ......... After all above ,what do you think of Allies's fate ?
What, the mighty Morris giving up hope already? Nonsense!

Take a look back at my old matchup with Mr. Supermax, the "Fortress Europa II" one (2012). All of the observers of that AAR were sure that the Allies were finished, that the Axis were headed for a Major Victory. That's because Max had swept through France, then blitzed through Britain, built a great fleet, captured both Suez and Gibraltar, was generating 200PP/turn, etc., etc.

But look what happened in the end: The Allies' superior manpower and production won the day, and Berlin fell in March '45.

So I say the Allies just need to be patient and weather the storm. I know how it feels to be on the receiving end of one of Max's schemes, but (unless the game has changed too much since the old days) the Allies can always bounce back.
Although the situation is tough , we will fight to the last minute !

Post Reply

Return to “Commander Europe at War : AAR's”