Rise of Rome Released Delayed

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii »

Download again the file but now have the same problem in other files more than in previous instalation... :roll:

EDIT: well, i find the problem, selecting only use direct access to my user in Vista dont have the problem :wink:
Last edited by Scutarii on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Triarii
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Working fine

Post by Triarii »

Ian

Download worked fine.
Installation no problem.
First opening and first log on to server seemed slower but am now playing multiplayer - second and subsequent opening of programme as quick as I was experiencing for original FoG.

All my previous multiplayer games and results still visible.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Scutarii - normally I dont suggest this with Digital River but can you try using a download manager and see if that helps. Something is preventing you downloading the file fully.

E.g. try DAP
http://www.speedbit.com/
spring
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by spring »

Just to let you know, i had the 1.1 installed before RoR, downloaded RoR and everything is working fine.
Good job!!
deeter
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by deeter »

RoR is installed and working. Issued my first challenge with a DAP army. Thanks Slitherine.

Deeter
Brigz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Brigz »

Just for everyone's information. I ordered RoR today. The download went perfectly. The install went perfectly. First running of the "new" game went perfectly. Loading of Historical scenarios worked. Loading of user made scenarios worked. Army Builder and Editor run fine also. Bugs in the various scenarios might creep up as I play them, but as of now the program itself seems quite solid.

Thought I'd post this to use as a "control" to help track down any errors others might have.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Size 247.654.777 bytes
Size in HD 247.656.448 bytes

And cant download more times the file, only 5 times.... is strange because every time i install the expansion have a different problem or dont have no problems...

I reinstall all, FoG, 1.03, maps 1.1 and RoR and dont have now any problems.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Scutarii - I can give more downloads if I log in to the DR system but are you saying you are up and runnign now? If not send me your order number with details of the problem at info@slitherine.co.uk and we'll sort it out.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Yes, i reinstall all again and now dont give me any problems but need do it 2 times, first time i find the same problem with unzip one archive... is really strange becuase the problem was different in every installation :roll: if the file was corrupted the problem is in the same file not is changing the file in every installation... well now all look work fine.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thats is strange - it migth be worth checking out your PC. Random errors with a file when you run it are very suspicious.
ggarynorman
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by ggarynorman »

Ian

accessing download link I am getting the following message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wgt/9B5A4FCEF11DA80C on this server.

Any ideas?

Gary
ggarynorman

Post by ggarynorman »

Ian,

ignore previous post. clicking on link did not seem to pick up whole link so i cut and pasted instead

gary
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Well, yesterday i do my week PC control with AVG (full scan) and Spybot and dont find any badboy even i can say that i download a big mod (3.75 GB) for another game 3 days ago and dont have problems... is the first time that i donwload an exe and have problems.

A little question, when you release the LOS and improved AI you are going to do as a simply path or as a full release as this adding the missing features :?: thanks.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

It will probably be a small patch but we'll have to check that will work for everyone.
Scutarii

Post by Scutarii »

Ok, thanks.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”