Pre-Order Storm of Arrows & Save 20%

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pre-Order Storm of Arrows & Save 20%

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:01 pm

The 2nd Army pack for Field of Glory is now available for pre-order! Pre-order and you'll save 20%.

Storm of Arrows is an expansion pack for Field of Glory and requires Field of Glory Digital.

It covers the armies of Western Europe from 1300 to 1500 AD. European warfare in this period was characterised by a rise in the role of infantry and a decline in the role of mounted knights. The Flemish, at Courtrai in 1302, showed that steady foot could defeat mounted knights. The Hundred Years War, between England and France from 1337 to 1453, raged through France and spilled over into the Low Counties and Spain. The English tactical system of massed longbowmen and dismounted men-at-arms deployed in defensive positions dominated the pitched battles of the war. The French knights were themselves forced to fight on foot to stand any chance, and even then they usually lost.

Meanwhile, the Swiss cantons were asserting their independence from feudal rule. Their massed infantry, initially halberdiers, later mostly pikemen, trounced the Austrian chivalry on several occasions, and later smashed Charles the Bold’s “perfect” Burgundian army. As the merits of the Swiss military system became apparent, pike formations were adopted in Germany and elsewhere, and became the dominant close fighting infantry type of the early Renaissance.

Storm of Arrows allows you to fight against armies from the same army pack for historical match ups or, if you choose, against armies from other army packs so you can try “what if” battles with Medieval Knights vs. Roman Legions.

In this Field of Glory Digital expansion set you fill find

* Over 100 new unit images
* Archers stakes
* Ability to deploy troops mounted or dismounted in DAG games
* New unit types: Knights, Crossbows, Medieval Artillery, Battle Wagons

Available Armies
100 Years War English (Continental), 100 Years War English (Britain), Wars of the Roses English, Medieval Welsh, Later Medieval Scots (Britain), Later Medieval Scots (Continental), Later Scots Isles and Highlands, Later Anglo-Irish, Medieval Irish, Medieval French, Ordonnance French, Free Company, Navarrese, Later Low Countries, Medieval Burgundian, Ordonnance Burgundian, Swiss, Later Medieval German, Later Medieval Danish, Later Medieval Swedish, Condotta Italian, Medieval Crown of Aragon, Medieval Portugese, Medieval Castilian, Santa Hermandad Nueva Castilian, Later Granadine

To pre-order or to see more screenshots go to http://www.slitherine.com/games/stormofarrows_pc
Last edited by IainMcNeil on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amenofi64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by amenofi64 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi, just pre ordered!
I think it will be a fantastic update!
Also, i hope we have the Teutonic Order... :roll:

batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:27 pm

amenofi64 wrote:Hi, just pre ordered!
I think it will be a fantastic update!
Also, i hope we have the Teutonic Order... :roll:
Most likely the Teutonic Order is not included. For the TT lists the early period is covered in Oath of Fealty and the later is included in Eternal Empire.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time

Surtur
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Surtur » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:40 pm

pre-ordered!

Lannes
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Lannes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:45 pm

pre-ordered! :wink:
Christophe

Bolt Action forum : http://bolt-actionww2rules.fr-bb.com/
CEAW Grand Strategy fan
Commander: The Great War beta tester

pawel
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by pawel » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:57 pm

I will be happy to preorder, however do you have any estimated release date for the expansion?

Lupus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Lupus » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:09 pm

According to the preorder page it's 21 April

Scutarii
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by Scutarii » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Well, only 2 questions, first when end the preorder discount and second is a full release or we need wait for a patch???

I will buy the army package (call it module, expansion...) but RoR release dont was good for me, problems with installer isnt a good thing (and isnt a problem from my PC or conexion because after buy and download more games this is the first that give problems to me).

Retreat_in_shambles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Retreat_in_shambles » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:10 pm

From that screenshot it looks like an isometric view. Is that new ... or is it something I have missed in the current game? If it's already there, how do I do it?

beserko

Post by beserko » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:45 pm

yippee! Looks great, better then great .
I pre-ordered (I payed 19.99) , Is this the %20 price?

Oh and when is it coming? I can't wait! :mrgreen:

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MesaDon » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:59 pm

wow another expansion already .... pre-ordered but there is one problem. How do I explain to my wife that I really can't live without this newest expansion when I just downloaded the last one a week ago? The discount does help but ................... HELP!

Geordietaf

Post by Geordietaf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:38 pm

Whoopee do - pre-ordered!

If you need any beta testing you know where to come!

Geordietaf

Post by Geordietaf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:39 pm

By the way, I noticed the option for a back-up CD, which I've gone for - are back up CDs available for Fog and RoR?

arsan
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by arsan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:03 pm

Geordietaf wrote:By the way, I noticed the option for a back-up CD, which I've gone for - are back up CDs available for Fog and RoR?
Why don't you burn yourself a CD-R with the downloaded installation file and a txt file with your serial?? you will have your own back-up CD, and with free delivey :D
You can also add the patches :wink:
Cheers

Geordietaf

Post by Geordietaf » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Gracias amigo,

Laziness and technical illiteracy I guess, but I'll do as you suggest!

Brigz
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Brigz » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:01 pm

arsan wrote:
Geordietaf wrote:By the way, I noticed the option for a back-up CD, which I've gone for - are back up CDs available for Fog and RoR?
Why don't you burn yourself a CD-R with the downloaded installation file and a txt file with your serial?? you will have your own back-up CD, and with free delivey :D
You can also add the patches :wink:
Cheers
But if you order the back-up CD you get a CD with your serial number on it and a cool Slitherine lizard logo. I got one. This game is so good I'm going all out for it. :wink:

ScipioTerra
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ScipioTerra » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:02 pm

When RoR was announced for pre-ordering like SoA is being announced, LOS was a MAJOR feature that sold me. After the first major patch for RoR, LOS is still to be seen.

Will every feature being advertised here be present and accounted for when SoA is released or will some be AWOL?

Don't get me wrong. I support you guys and want nothing but success for you. Just don't tell me something will be there if I pre-order it --and then have it show up late or not at all. Play it straight.

Respectfully Yours,
Rick

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:23 pm

Well, a little question, is about the expansion and installer, i have many problems with RoR installation, need do 2 or more times it to end it without errors of descompresion, i dont find problems when i play RoR (nothing apart the noted bugs) and i think that is because RoR installator work as a Unzip/unrar program and can do it many times with no problems (overwrite files) i thinks this because i dont find the RoR uninstaller... well, my question is know if with SoA (and future army packs) you are going to use the same system and if i am in the good way when i think that installer is only a unzip program that autodetect the FoG folder and module key, thanks.

Oooo another question, in SoA what is the base unit size for infantry and cavalry??? is 1.500 and 1.000 as in RoR or if i think armies are smaller and we talk about... 1.000 and 500??? thanks again, i expect pre-order SoA tomorrow or in the worst case in 2 or 3 days :roll:

arsan

Post by arsan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:05 pm

Hi!

I was checking Storm of Arrows price to do a preorder and noticed that something is fishy with the price in euros.
Storm of Arrows costs 11.99 GBP if you preorder, which, translated to euros by the webshop amounts to... 15,99 euros :shock: they may be joking!
11,99 GB is currently less than 13,20 euros!! :?
With the current abusive conversion to Euros the game cost a 21% more than it should to euro users! So bye bye preorder offer... :evil:
This didn't happened when i bought RoR a month ago, I was charged a fair 12,99 euros plus taxes.
I really hope this is just a mistake with the conversion or that the shop is not applying the 20% discount to buyers in euros.

Please could someone at Slitherine check this... of course my pre-order is on hold right now...
Cheers

Scutarii

Post by Scutarii » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:31 pm

Here the same question as Arsan, i preordered the game today and after read this i see in the shop that 11.99 GBP = 15.99 euros??? WTF is this!!!!! i pay 11.99 GBP not 15.99 euros, tomorrow i going to see what was the charge for RoR because i have an e-mail with the price in GBP, dont like abusive changes.

Oooo and a little point, RoR in matrixgames cost 15.99 euros, same prize that i pay for SoA... where is the 20% of discount??? i think that you are kidding with European clients :evil:

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”