LOS-Do you care for it?

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Geordietaf
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Geordietaf »

I am a supporter of FOW because it does bring in another layer of thought to the deployment process, but I still believe it would be better if visible hexes updated only after movement has completed. This would reveal second line units only if they moved immediately into hexes vacated by the front line. Sudden appearances in newly exposed hexes would not prejudice the other player in any way that I can see.
Xiggy
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Xiggy »

I like Fog of War. I assume over time it will be tweaked to improve it.
Epicouros
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Epicouros »

I like LoS too, but, just as with FoW, I'm hoping for a better implementation in the future.

My gripe with LOS and FOW as they are implemented now, is that impassable terrain (cliffs or big rocks, by the looks of it) doesn't hide units, and even allows missiles to be fired over it, essentially having the same effect as a body of water.

Also, normal and steep hills seem not to hide units behind them very well either, although sometimes they do somewhat so I don't know exactly what the logic is. In a battle I'm playing now, there are several levels of elevation between the two armies and still I can clearly see what's on the other side, even without having reached the flanks to have a better look.
Oh, and my crossbows were able to see the enemy and fire at them from behind impassable cliffs, but are unable to venture across them...

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”