Decline & Fall release

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Decline & Fall release

Post by Lysimachos » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 pm

Any news about the release of the D&F expansion?
I'm ready to buy it! :D
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)

SmickeyMcgee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SmickeyMcgee » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:48 pm

me too, i'm looking at buy page and it says Rel Date: 14/11/2011 but when i goto buy tab it says This product is currently out of stock. So what's going on?

redcoat
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by redcoat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:58 pm

Shouldn't be too long now. I was playing the beta version yesterday and today it is gone. :(
Last edited by redcoat on Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry guys - still in beta. Will be another 2 weeks I think :(

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:13 pm

Any news on this? I saw the game was updated to 7.0, which contains the pre-loaded Decline and Fall, but the product is not available to be bought..

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 pm

Website now says 6th December.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:32 am

It should be some time next week if all goes to plan!

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:47 pm

thank you, iain.

Anywhere where I can see the details of the Quick Battle system? Also, what about the random DCG against AI with themes armies, was impemented in 1.7.0?

john2412
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by john2412 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:25 am

Hope its available for purchase through PAYPAL before that shuts down on us...

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:21 pm

We've had a few delays and it's going to be next week unfortunately so will be after PayPal functionality is removed :(

SmickeyMcgee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by SmickeyMcgee » Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:10 pm

is decline and fall going to have village terrain added?

Hoplite1963
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Hoplite1963 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I don't think so it ws not in the Beta

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:17 pm

The release of the module must wait until they can find out what happened with the loading of scenarios (whether Historical or Custom). I am sure that it is something simple to fix - somewhere along the way the code was altered that would recognize scenarios in the folder. I am only able to load a handful of the scenarios I used to load. And for the Historical list this too was greatly diminished. I wish I could do a "before and after" screenshot but I can no longer load D&F beta on my system.

So I would think that once this issue is resolved and whatever else is holding up the release the module will be out soon. Probably something that can be easily resolved.

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:56 am

D&F will be based on 1.7.1 so there will be no update with it initially. The delays are production related rather than game related. E.g. 2 other games releasing last week.

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:59 pm

I hope that the error can be corrected soon ....

It sounds very much like this product is going to become stale. No village, fortifications, etc. Looks like we were sold a bill of goods folks. The programming team gone. What chance is there that you guys will want to spend any more money on it?

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:35 pm

Old_Warrior wrote: It sounds very much like this product is going to become stale. No village, fortifications, etc. Looks like we were sold a bill of goods folks. The programming team gone. What chance is there that you guys will want to spend any more money on it?
Erm :?

viewtopic.php?t=30161

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:23 pm

"Thanks guys - this is a great start. No promises on any of them obviously but it really helps us when evaluating what type of changes we should make."

The jury is still out. If they cannot get the scenario list right what chance is there of all of this working right too?

I like the series but there is an obvious feeling that eventually the funding will not be there for more programming time. I think that the move to not do Empires of the Dragon told us that too. How much longer will the modules pay for updates to the code? Eventually everyone moves on.

The MP system is free too. The price for that comes out of profits or a company fund that is used for online gaming venue. Once the series dries up (sales) how much longer will the MP venue be available or perhaps the better question is how long will maintenance be available?

Everything is rosey when things are working but once the folks start moving on things change quickly.

I am going to remain optimistic but the venue of "company runs the MP system" is still in doubt. If it is pulled we end up playing the AI as no true PBEM format exists.

I would like to see a PBEM format installed. You could still play on the MP format but if the company goes belly up we can still play each other.

Please add THAT to the list of things that should be added to the game. :lol:

cromlechi
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by cromlechi » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:53 am

Old_Warrior wrote:
I am going to remain optimistic but ...........:
What you are asking for is a cast iron guarantee about the future, no one could give you that. If enough people carry on playing the game then it will endure otherwise it will be superseded by something else, that's life. Look at the Campaign Series, that's still going strong after over a decade despite being written off a number of times. I think the support Slitherine offer with FOG is second to none given the niche market these type of games attract. Just enjoy it while you can, if it endures it will if it doesn't something else will come along. Just my thoughts for what they are worth!

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Old_Warrior wrote:"Thanks guys - this is a great start. No promises on any of them obviously but it really helps us when evaluating what type of changes we should make."

The jury is still out. If they cannot get the scenario list right what chance is there of all of this working right too?

I like the series but there is an obvious feeling that eventually the funding will not be there for more programming time. I think that the move to not do Empires of the Dragon told us that too. How much longer will the modules pay for updates to the code? Eventually everyone moves on.

The MP system is free too. The price for that comes out of profits or a company fund that is used for online gaming venue. Once the series dries up (sales) how much longer will the MP venue be available or perhaps the better question is how long will maintenance be available?

Everything is rosey when things are working but once the folks start moving on things change quickly.

I am going to remain optimistic but the venue of "company runs the MP system" is still in doubt. If it is pulled we end up playing the AI as no true PBEM format exists.

I would like to see a PBEM format installed. You could still play on the MP format but if the company goes belly up we can still play each other.

Please add THAT to the list of things that should be added to the game. :lol:
Considering that Slitherine pioneered this Mp system, i doudt it will just "go away" even if the fog series has run its course. Most of their new titles and likly future titles will use it and thus there always will be "funding" to maintain differnt platforms. What might happen is there will be less open challenges up but , just like playby email only games, you can still play as much as you and personal aquantainces feel like playing . Demanding they make a pb email system in case they disapear is kinda morbid, like your kids demanding you up your life insurance policy or your will, "just in case" :)

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:15 pm

out of stock?!!

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”