An Arab Conquest question - or two

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

JocaRamiro
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

An Arab Conquest question - or two

Post by JocaRamiro » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:13 am

Here they are:

1. In the Arab conquest list, there are two flavors of heavy infantry - with and without bows. The cost is the same. What do I give up if I add the bows? Or is there a problem with the list construction.

2. When I build an army, all the heavy units must be the same, with and without arrows. Why can I not mix them?

If I have 20 or more units with arrows, I cannot add any more. Yet, if I convert back to arrowless, I can add as many as I desire - up to the very high limit. Then , I can convert them back to their bow and arrows. Is there some special reason for this? (or is it a (rather minor) bug?)

keithmartinsmith
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by keithmartinsmith » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:44 am

What is the bug exactly?

What we are trying to create is that in the lists you can give rear rank archers to the spearmen. As this only helps when charged by mounted the cost is zero for a small benefit. The restriction is that that if you have rear rank bowmen you are limited on the amount of spearmen you can have.

Keith

JocaRamiro

Post by JocaRamiro » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:52 pm

The bug, if bug there is, is that you cannot freely mix speamen types - w bows and without. As best I can tell, they must all be one or the other.

There is also a question of understanding. It looked to me as if the bowmen kept their spears - which does seem a bit illogical. Based on your remarks, it may be that is not the case.

However, I did pick lots with arrows, and they did seem to have some offensive push.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”