Unified Login??

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Unified Login??

Post by TheGrayMouser » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:39 pm

Can someone explain this to me before I open a ticket so I don't sound like a total idiot?

I have been a member of slitherine forums since 2009 with the handle " TheGrayMouser". All MY FOG games and DAGs were purchased here and were registered HERE ( as well as all the new pike and shot games)

I also , well before the merge of slitherine matrix, had a forum login to Matrix games "The Gray Mouser" ( with spaces as it woudlnt let me have no spaces!!) as well as a "members only" login "Bluto" ( which was different than the forum for some obscure reason)

Trying to d/l the new FOG, I am told I need to register my games now at Matrix,.. I had to reset my long forgotten "members only" password using my email as the account. So I come here to retrieve all of my reg. #'s and find that I can NO LONGER log into my slitherine "members account" with my TheGrayMouser handle (although it works in the forums and apparently when I log into MP games online) ... I need to use my email to login to slitherines "members only", and I am welcomed as "Bluto" and lo and behold, none of my FOG serials or exansions are listed anymore... Nor are they in the Matrix site, which makes sense as I never registered them there...

Do I need a ticket, or just be shot in the head to end this silliness?

kilroy1
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Unified Login??

Post by kilroy1 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:06 am

TheGrayMouser wrote:Do I need a ticket, or just be shot in the head to end this silliness?
Look in your installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Field of Glory for me). You will find a text file for FOG and any of the DLC you have installed (FOG, SAS, ROR, etc.). Inside the text file you will find your serial number. Register FOG on the Matrix site and then you will be able to download the new version.

kilroy

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:12 am

kilroy wrote:
TheGrayMouser wrote:Do I need a ticket, or just be shot in the head to end this silliness?
Look in your installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Field of Glory for me). You will find a text file for FOG and any of the DLC you have installed (FOG, SAS, ROR, etc.). Inside the text file you will find your serial number. Register FOG on the Matrix site and then you will be able to download the new version.

kilroy
Thank you Kilroy I'll do that, my guess is the simple act of resetting my Matrix members forum account password triggered this unified "thing" and screwed up many ( but not all, of my registered games) here at slitherine. This doesn't bother me for the hard copies I have but concerns me for any digital d/l I have.. Now I need to worry about finding those serials in the case of a game that currently isnt installed. Arrgh

alzado_77
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by alzado_77 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:00 am

TheGrayMouser wrote:Can someone explain this to me before I open a ticket so I don't sound like a total idiot?

I have been a member of slitherine forums since 2009 with the handle " TheGrayMouser". All MY FOG games and DAGs were purchased here and were registered HERE ( as well as all the new pike and shot games)

I also , well before the merge of slitherine matrix, had a forum login to Matrix games "The Gray Mouser" ( with spaces as it woudlnt let me have no spaces!!) as well as a "members only" login "Bluto" ( which was different than the forum for some obscure reason)

Trying to d/l the new FOG, I am told I need to register my games now at Matrix,.. I had to reset my long forgotten "members only" password using my email as the account. So I come here to retrieve all of my reg. #'s and find that I can NO LONGER log into my slitherine "members account" with my TheGrayMouser handle (although it works in the forums and apparently when I log into MP games online) ... I need to use my email to login to slitherines "members only", and I am welcomed as "Bluto" and lo and behold, none of my FOG serials or exansions are listed anymore... Nor are they in the Matrix site, which makes sense as I never registered them there...

Do I need a ticket, or just be shot in the head to end this silliness?
You're not silly GM. I had to change my password to login at Matrix to register my games/expansions - but access to the game itself and this forum still accepts my owl p/w! At this point I have to say I kinda lost faith in the system and gave up on the new version - I admire those who've pushed on!

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso » Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:45 am

The unified login system is a general system used by all the games from Slitherine/Matrix for authentication. It's not specific-game related, so until the unification process finishes, all games using it will have the same problems.

Andreh
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Andreh » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:07 pm

If by any reason GM didnt have the game installed any longer(HD crash), would there be any way to recover the serials? I hope/believe so.

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”