FoG(U) 2018 state update

PC/Mac : Digital version of the popular tabletop gaming system. Fight battles on your desktop in single and mutiplayer!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, NewRoSoft, FoG PC Moderator

cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

FoG(U) 2018 state update

Post by cothyso »

Hi mates! It has been a (rather) loong time..

Just a short fast update from me.

I'm not dead or anything (yet!), or giving up on FoG(U) (never!). It's just that the new work required a lot of time investment from my part (switching from game development to software development required my to learn an awful lot of new technologies and frameworks), and also my family monopolized almost all of my non-working time (trying to compensate for all the long working overtime years done while working at NRS on FoG(U)). In-between these, I've got practically no time for FoG(U).

One of you had some problems with the MacOS version of FoG(U), and it contacted me via the support to help him with it. So, last weekend I've started the rather long process of reviving the FoG(U) work environment. It's a lengthy process, as I have not only to re-install all the Unity related tools, but also switch from the old MonoDevelop IDE to the new Visual Studio I was using during this passed soon-to-be year. This also means I have to check the FoG(U) solution and update it to the latest version of the current (5/2017 to 5.6.6/2017.4.10) used Unity engine, and eventually upgrade it to the Unity 2018 (2018.2.5). And then spend some time getting used with the FoG(U)'s solution again and learning to use VS with Unity.

This won't happen over night, as I won't be able to allocate it too much of my time. After I'll get over the tools install and having the solution running again, I will try to constantly spend at least 4h per week working on the FoG(U)'s code.

In the mean time, as you should all know, you can contact me directly (email adonys at gmail dot com, skype antonescu.dan, steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/adonys/) if there's any pressing need :)

Cheers,
dan
Last edited by cothyso on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: FoG(U) 2018 state update

Post by AlexDetrojan »

On behalf of the players who still love this game, thank you very much. Your effort is greatly appreciated. Perhaps one day we will be able to buy you a beer or two!
Again thanks.
Cheers
Alex et al.
old banshee
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by old banshee »

Dan,
it is great to hear you are still around, if there is anything I can do to help you out let me know.
Frank(Old Banshee)Mullins.
AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

So it's coming on to nearly 6 months since we last heard from you Cothyso. I and others realize you have a life and another job and that your continued working on this game was provisional. That being said, it would be nice if you would update us on your continued support of this game. Have you given up on it? If so, could you please let us know. If you are still working on it, could you give us it's status?
Thanks in advance.
Alex

Return to “Field of Glory Digital”