Landsknecht shot queries for Karsten

Private forum for design team.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, nikgaukroger, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Landsknecht shot queries for Karsten

Post by rbodleyscott »

Nik asks whether the Lansknechts in Danish and Later Austrian lists should have integral shot after a certain date.
Ghaznavid
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Ghaznavid »

The Landsknechts are problematic. Personally I think allowing them integral shoot (and probably Tercio formations) would be ok (if not mandatory) from 1560 onwards at least.

However those in Danish service are essentially the same as those found in the Spanish Netherlands (i.e. in the Early Imperial Spanish list) and they do not have an integral shoot option in the at list. The case might be stronger for the Austrians, though I've no idea what T&T list Nik refers to in regards with them requiring shoot for consistency? Seems just the opposite to me. Giving them integral shoot would destroy consistency.
Karsten

~ We are not surrounded, we are merely in a target rich environment. ~
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

Ghaznavid wrote:The Landsknechts are problematic. Personally I think allowing them integral shoot (and probably Tercio formations) would be ok (if not mandatory) from 1560 onwards at least.

However those in Danish service are essentially the same as those found in the Spanish Netherlands (i.e. in the Early Imperial Spanish list) and they do not have an integral shoot option in the at list. The case might be stronger for the Austrians, though I've no idea what T&T list Nik refers to in regards with them requiring shoot for consistency? Seems just the opposite to me. Giving them integral shoot would destroy consistency.

The various later C16th lists such as the French Wars of Religion, where a smaller number of shot than your tercio types is allowed - and not counting as tercios. This was based on the French records showing c. 40% shot in landsknecht regiments.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

Unless you plan to make those changes to the Early Imperial Spanish as well I think it should not apply to the Danish either. Feel free to add the option to the Austrian lists though.
Karsten

~ We are not surrounded, we are merely in a target rich environment. ~
nikgaukroger
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by nikgaukroger »

Ghaznavid wrote:Unless you plan to make those changes to the Early Imperial Spanish as well I think it should not apply to the Danish either. Feel free to add the option to the Austrian lists though.
Not sure I follow you here, the Landsknecht BGs in the Early Imperial Spanish list in Trade & Traechery have 4-6 Arquebusiers in them :?

They are 6-12 pikemen, 0-2 HW and 4-6 Arquebus; with the note that they must have more HF bases than MF.
Nik Gaukroger

"Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he will tell you.
If he does not, why humiliate him?" - Canon Sydney Smith

nikgaukroger@blueyonder.co.uk

Return to “FoGR Lists”