What have I accomplished?

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Stubee
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

What have I accomplished?

Post by Stubee » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:38 pm

The selection of campaign and mission don't provide enough information as to :
- Which missions have I completed?
- Which accomplishments where successful for each completed mission..and which do I still have to win.

This is especially true since the last patch where all missions are now unlocked.

Heck..maybe this is shown somewhere in the menu system already, and I'm just missing it.

jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:09 am

Another side effect of catering to the compalints of other people. Hehe.
If you ask me, keeping them locked was ok.

junk2drive
BA Moderator
BA Moderator

Post by junk2drive » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 am

Select a campaign. You will scroll to the next mission. At the bottom, the center button will be green. If you use the right side button to scroll forward, the center button will be gray meaning that you can't play it yet.

EDIT I guess that changed too. Now they are all green, but it still should autoscroll to your next mission.

CaptainSlow
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by CaptainSlow » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:40 pm

The lock removal eases on some frustration but I do miss a progress indication and now I doubt whether I have done a mission, or actually finished it.... that is a pity.
I find the AI bit of the editor also confusing; making landscape and placing units is fine, but after that... wich it would be a bit more accessible. the STUB manual is rather intimidating.

And I got my british para's he he he.

Pip, rock on !!

CS

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:33 pm

I'm working on allowing plugins so we can automate some of the more fiddly editor work. The STUB docs are pretty heavy I know - although they are basically everything you need to know to build your own game! But some more friendly and less intimidating docs are on our todo list.

Cheers

Pip

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:29 pm

I prefer them unlocked. It's my game. I paid for it. If I want to go in order, I can. If not I don't have to.

Stubee

Post by Stubee » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi Rich,
The issue isn't about Locked or Unlocked...but how to tell which missions & achievements you have previously completed (or not)

Since this thread has already been taken a different direction...Here's another item that I think should be tweaked:
- How about an overview of the mission (maybe with the map showing) prior to having us select which additional units we need. If we can't see what we are up against, it's the same as random clicking.

PirateJock_Wargamer
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by PirateJock_Wargamer » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Stubee wrote:How about an overview of the mission (maybe with the map showing) prior to having us select which additional units we need. If we can't see what we are up against, it's the same as random clicking.
Good idea - at the moment I use the comic-style intro screen to give me a clue on what's needed. I wonder how easy it'd be to swap the order of screens?

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Stubee wrote:Hi Rich,
The issue isn't about Locked or Unlocked...but how to tell which missions & achievements you have previously completed (or not)

Since this thread has already been taken a different direction...Here's another item that I think should be tweaked:
- How about an overview of the mission (maybe with the map showing) prior to having us select which additional units we need. If we can't see what we are up against, it's the same as random clicking.
I think it was discussed both ways. And I think your tweak has merit. Even if just a rough idea was given to keep some fog of war when choosing units.

Return to “Battle Academy”