New version 1.5.4 available now!

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

New version 1.5.4 available now!

Post by pipfromslitherine »

New update available. Version 1.5.4 includes many new features, including much-requested reversing and the ability to carryover units from mission to mission.

Available on the autoupdater - standalone update installer coming soon!

New! 1.5.3 / 1.5.4
+ German, French, Italian & Spanish language support added!
+ New unit orders: Reverse and Scout.
+ Carryover campaigns, allowing surviving units to be brought from prior missions.
+ Claim abandoned multiplayer battles from in game.
+ New scripting features.
+ 1.5.4 hotfix for custom MP games failing to load

New Orders
Reverse - reverse armour away from the enemy, protecting your rear.
Scout – infantry can use the scout command to increase their spotting range

Carryover
Create campaigns with carryover. This allows you to denote units from either side which will then appear (if they survive!) in later missions. All with no scripting required.

Claim old games
A new multiplayer button allow you to claim (and clear) any game where you have waited for the opponent for more than 30 days.

Scripting
Includes new commands to support dynamic objects (create, destroy, check objects on the map). Commands to support advanced carryover logic. Access globals from another script. Check out the Autodocs.

Bug Fixes
+ particle definition overflow
+ achivements correctly displayed when done previously
+ fixed crash when attempting to enter MP if offline
+ reconnects before uploading to help with connection issues
+ fixed bug when failing to upload allowed turn to continue
+ improved corrupt MP turn checking
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

Pip,

Very well done! Thank you very much ....

Now for two questions and one suggestion :wink:

1. When the units carry-over, it brings their promotion but doesn't carry-over the morale part.... Should Silver Elite be 125 and Gold Elite be 150 ?

2. I assume that subsequent missions shouldn't be core-only, meaning if you lost all your core in scenario #1 you'll have nothing in scenario #2, hence you lose #2.

Suggestion .... Cycle the "C" key in 25% increments to allow that lost unit a chance to be replaced (at green level) should it be destroyed.

Thanks again for all your hard work! .... Oh, thanks for fixing the JUMBO, it has a turret now :P

Merr.
PirateJock_Wargamer
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by PirateJock_Wargamer »

Hi Pip

Superb :D

Great to see a lot of the things people have asked for ... plus a few more for luck.

Thanks for all your work on this
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Merr wrote:Pip,

Very well done! Thank you very much ....

Now for two questions and one suggestion :wink:

1. When the units carry-over, it brings their promotion but doesn't carry-over the morale part.... Should Silver Elite be 125 and Gold Elite be 150 ?

2. I assume that subsequent missions shouldn't be core-only, meaning if you lost all your core in scenario #1 you'll have nothing in scenario #2, hence you lose #2.

Suggestion .... Cycle the "C" key in 25% increments to allow that lost unit a chance to be replaced (at green level) should it be destroyed.

Thanks again for all your hard work! .... Oh, thanks for fixing the JUMBO, it has a turret now :P

Merr.
Yes - you should avoid situations where you cannot carry on, or immediately lose. If you really want that kind of flow, where you get no 'new' units on the map, you could use the script commands to see whether anyone survived, and if not then resurrect a token force to allow the mission to continue.

Hmmm - the Morale thing might be something that got missed. That's ugly, as we could add any number of tweaks on promotion. I'll need to go have a look and see what the best approach is.

Cheers

Pip
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

Pip,

I'll need to dig into your scripts but here's an idea I'll look into ...

I noticed that during the placement of the carry-over units (1st scenario) you can toggle CARRYOVER and CARRYOVER:FIXED.

I'm thinking that the purchace points could be used to "buy back" your lost units. This is currently used in Panzer Commander (Matrix) and works well. In this case, you'll never start a scenario with an empty force.

Off the top of your head ... Can this be done?

Thanks.
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hmmm - not without a fairly major rewrite. You need to remember you can have carryover from multiple missions, and also include enemy carryover too. So you could end up with a ton of carryover information.

I guess I might be missing the flow that you are imagining?

Cheers

Pip
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

Pip,

Last night I didn't have a chance to mess around with this, so I'm running on assumptions .... I'll throw this at you and see if we're in the same flow.

Ok ... When we place the units in the first scenario, we can toggle CARRYOVER or not. We can also toggle FIXED or not. If we don't FIX the core units, will they be available for purchase? (assumming we have points assigned in the editor).

If they are available for purchase (in the 1st scenario), then the subsequent scenarios can be setup with purchase points BUT only the lost units will show available for purchase (not the entire core) along with the support units. So, instead of not carrying over the lost units, you can buy them back instead of buying support units. Balance wise, you would be slightly below force strength (for that scenario) but in the long run you can build your core back up to strength.

I'm going to see if a scenario script can run this idea alone, it might be easier to "show-the-flow" that way :wink:

Thanks again for your great work .... I haven't even hit the Objects scripts yet :shock:
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I see what you mean - no, there isn't any support for that. The units you see on the purchase screen are fed in directly from the load. It's an interesting idea though, but would require a fair bit of under the hood tinkering.

Cheers

Pip
raxulus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by raxulus »

Thanks for the job Pip
These update adds a lot of options making playing easy.

:D[/url]
berndN
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by berndN »

Thanks for the update!

Are any of the existing campaigns use the new features (carry over)?

What is the simplest way to reset all campaigns and restart with the tutorial?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Carryover isn't a feature which can just 'work' on existing campaigns - it's something to allow campaigns to be built and balanced with carryover of units in mind.

Cheers

Pip
Vegetius

Post by Vegetius »

Status on stand alone updater?
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have to confess that it fell somewhat off our radar. Are you not able to use the ingame updater? Is there anything we can do to assist?

1.5.5 is incoming very soon - the God's being kind - and subsequent to that, all updates will be unified into downloadable installers to simplify the process at our end as well as solve the issues for the small number of people unable to easily use the ingame system.

Cheers

Pip
Sleet
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Sleet »

Great news. Thanks Pip and team for getting these great features in!
:)
Vegetius

Post by Vegetius »

Pip. I'm sure it's on my end. My current internet is shoddy at best so the installer times out before it can download the file. I've experienced this with other games too using an in game installer. I was able to use the download installer to bring the game up to 1.5.1(?) no issue. So just hoping to do the same with 1.5.4. I just want to back away from 88s and Panzers without exposing my Sherman's backside! 8)

*FIXED* 5 1/2 hour download, twice restarted and the new patch is finally installed. Good stuff.
xmifi
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by xmifi »

How do you change the language? Let's say i want it to change to italian, how do i do it.
dickesKind
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by dickesKind »

Ciao, come stai?

In the topper right corner of the main menue.

A presto ...

Return to “Battle Academy”