Mod Idea WH40K

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Wodin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Mod Idea WH40K

Post by Wodin »

Is it possible and would the game mechanics suit a WH40K mod?

Just seen the secrest of the reich work and it got me thinking...

Been playing Chaos gate rcently...
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

I think it would match up pretty well - not sure about exact 1:1 rules matching, but the basic framework would support both the core rules and something like the Spacehulk approach.

Obviously not something WE could do, but could be an uber-mod :)

Cheers

Pip
Zharkov
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Mod Idea WH40K

Post by Zharkov »

Wodin wrote:Is it possible and would the game mechanics suit a WH40K mod?
That's what I thought when first playing the game!

The game mechanics are perfect for a WH40k mod. However, GW is a bit clingy when it comes to IP - so I don't think we will ever see a WH40k mod...
Lykurgos

Post by Lykurgos »

I love the base game, and have marveled at the excellent WWI scenario. The latter made me realize that I'd love to see the engine used for Warhammer 40k or Battletech. I'm don't know if it is possible to implement damage mechanics for mechs, but the sighting, shooting, movement and different weapon/ammunition features all seem to be present.

Oh, of course point-buying would be nice too.
Merr
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by Merr »

Lykurgos wrote:I love the base game, and have marveled at the excellent WWI scenario. The latter made me realize that I'd love to see the engine used for Warhammer 40k or Battletech. I'm don't know if it is possible to implement damage mechanics for mechs, but the sighting, shooting, movement and different weapon/ammunition features all seem to be present.

Oh, of course point-buying would be nice too.
Oh yeah ... BA can do detailed damage, it's a matter of adding/writing the script to the damage scripts.

To start a mod, you need a few unit's built .... TopoSolitario built one awhile back (Secrets of the Reich) ... see posting below

viewtopic.php?t=21073&start=0
Lykurgos

Post by Lykurgos »

Merr wrote:
Lykurgos wrote: Oh yeah ... BA can do detailed damage, it's a matter of adding/writing the script to the damage scripts.

To start a mod, you need a few unit's built .... TopoSolitario built one awhile back (Secrets of the Reich) ... see posting below

viewtopic.php?t=21073&start=0
Oh that was interesting, thanks for the link. I'll admit that my desire will not translate into my action though. I've no scripting ability/experience or the time to learn it. I'm always willing to donate in thanks for a good mod, but that is pretty much the extent to which I can contribute.

Return to “Battle Academy”