Battle Academy Updated to v2.0.4 on PC, Mac and iOS!

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Battle Academy Updated to v2.0.4 on PC, Mac and iOS!

Post by admin » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:00 am

Battle Academy Gets a Hefty Update!
Inclusion of new multiplayer force selection battles and more!

We are excited to announce the newest update to the critically-acclaimed Battle Academy, which adds a host of new features and fixes, the biggest being the inclusion of the multiplayer force selection battles to make combat between human opponents a bit more interesting!

In the multiplayer force selection battles, players can choose from five new scenarios where they and their opponent can create their forces from a limited number of points. Want to go heavy on the infantry or outfit your force with more tanks? It is entirely up to you, but remember that your opponent will be doing the same, allowing for high replay values and adding an uncertainty to the battlefield.

The update also adds in a 2D modding option, for PC and Mac versions only, to use 2D unit graphics and objects for modded campaigns.

To get the update click here. The update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Battle Academy to version 2.04.

About Battle Academy

Approachable, absorbing and visually impressive yet detailed, Battle Academy revolutionizes the strategy games market with a blend of intuitive design and compelling game play driven by cutting edge technical innovation.

Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC, the game has more than 30 battles in a range of theatres of war from the North African desert through D-Day to the to the snowy Ardennes mountains where the Allies battled to repel the final German offensive.

The team at Slitherine worked with Professor John Buckley, Military Historian at the University of Wolverhampton and a keen wargamer himself, to make sure that the strategy, tactics, scenarios and available firepower of the battles fought in WW2 were turned into realistic AI behavior, powering expertly crafted battles.

Get more information Battle Academy from its official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games site.

Slowbius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Battle Academy Gets a Hefty Update!

Post by Slowbius » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:16 pm

Nice to see MP force selection finally go live but am I the only one who's just slightly disappointed?

There's only five maps available and those are a mixture of Bulge and Slitherine homebrew variants. Are there any plans to include force selection options for other campaigns such as Sealion, Normandy, Market Garden, Desert etc?

Vulcan
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Vulcan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:51 pm

I agree wholeheartedly.

While this update is fantastic and well done guys for getting this out I too was hoping that this new feature would be opened up across all existing maps.

Is there a technical reason why this is limited to only 5 new maps ?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:04 pm

There are a number of reasons, but it boils down to the fact that just turning it on for all maps wouldn't have worked, the balance would have been entirely wrong. So we needed to change the forces and that meant adding and removing a lot of units to give interesting choices, and THAT meant sometimes moving the map objects around. So we would have ended up with somewhat different maps, and that would have (likely) broken some in-progress games (tanks inside trees or any other number of fun edge cases).

So we decided to build new and seperate versions. We will be adding more as time goes on for sure, and I would imagine that people will create some of their own versions, as it is very easy to take an existing map and try out various force deployments and see what happens.

Cheers

Pip

andifroen
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by andifroen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:15 am

I just got the update.

And am deeply disappointed because I have to rebuy the three campaigns (each 7.99 Euro) that seem to have vanished.

So it is not a free update after all :-(

Andreas

Brenmusik
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by Brenmusik » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 am

I've just updated and my three add on campaigns are working fine.

Go and post in tech support, they are very helpful.

Brenmusik

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 am

That is a bug - you do not need to buy them. Just go through the purchase process and you will not be charged (I guarantee it). iTunes never forgets your purchases but you may have to download them again. After this update that should never happen again. Sorry for the inconvenience but some of the mysteries of the ipad escaped us on our first attempt.

andifroen

Re: Battle Academy Updated to v2.0.4 on PC, Mac and iOS!

Post by andifroen » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi

thank you very much for the help, it is very highly appreciated.

Worked two out of three times, Sealion wanted to be bought / paid again - but I have to wait and see if it actually gets billed. Sometimes iTunes does that.

Best

Andreas

enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by enric » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:39 pm

Maybe it only happens to me but the final version has a color problem on my Mac.

The final version look:
final.jpg
final.jpg (137.84 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
The beta look:
Stug.jpg
Stug.jpg (115.17 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 pm

Can you open a Tech Support thread about it please. Was this on a MP map or a single player mission?

Cheers

Pip

malcf

Post by malcf » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Just downloaded the update for the IPad have lost all the previous download content and all saved games!! Bit annoyed at the moment :cry:

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Unfortunately this was an issue that could only be fixed by this update, and there isn't any other way for us to get the fix to people other than the update (which as you say, removes all these files). Sorry for the hassle. This will not happen going forward. Note that if you purchased any in-app expansions you will never be charged for them again, just go through the purchase process and iTunes will know that you have already paid.

Cheers

Pip

mcm454

Post by mcm454 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:15 pm

Just installed the ios update. All save games gone!!!!! Spent many hours on the Buldge campain and now I have to restart!!
Please fix this or I will demand a refund. I will not spend hours on this or this game again.

svefred2
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by svefred2 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Force selection is excellent!

HOWEVER - I want to place my units on the map myself, why is that not an option??
The tactical advantage gets lost when my units are clustered in groups by unit type, far from each other

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:46 pm

Some missions do allow this, but in others the unit placement is part of the initial starting conditions.

Cheers

Pip

svefred2

Post by svefred2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:15 pm

I am talking about Force Selection maps only. As long as you can choose your units you should be able to place them also, else the tactical advantage is lost!

Thank you for a quick reply:)

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:56 am

Understood. We tend to chose on a mission by mission basis, and I guess the guys thought these were not missions they wanted deployment on. It's currently only possible to deploy the first side in MP IIRC, so we would probably need to make it so both sides could do it unless we were building some of the asymetric missions. It's definitely on the wishlist.

Cheers

Pip

Return to “Battle Academy”