Husky?

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Slowbius
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 am
Location: Hampshire, United Kingdom

Husky?

Post by Slowbius » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:07 pm

Is Husky out today?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Husky?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:26 pm

Sadly no. We ran into some last minute hitches. But we are in the process of mastering it so it will definitely (aside from any last minute disasters!) going to be v soon

Cheers

Pip

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:53 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: Husky?

Post by MesaDon » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:20 pm

When can we expect "Husky" to be released? Will it still be an across the board release for all op systems that BA uses?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Husky?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Fingers crossed we are just waiting for Apple approval. Release will indeed be across all platforms.

Cheers

Pip

alex0809
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:41 am

Re: Husky?

Post by alex0809 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Would be nice if you just released the PC version and didn't wait for the iOS version but then again I might be SLIGHTLY biased because I don't own any Apple device apart from a 4 year old IPod :P

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Husky?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:34 pm

Unfortunately we need to force everyone in MP to update at the same time, otherwise it will all fall apart :)

Cheers

Pip

jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 am
Location: Bradenton, Florida

Re: Husky?

Post by jcb989 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:02 pm

If you were on Android, you could just release to us hungry fans willy nilly. =)

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:53 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: Husky?

Post by MesaDon » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:45 am

Android .... Been there .... Done that! When back to Apple and never looked back. (BA on the iPad did have a bearing on that .... Don't tell the wife)

stevenbird
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Re: Husky?

Post by stevenbird » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:42 pm

Hi,

When is the operation Husky expansion out? Shouldn't it be out by now???

Steve

heyhellowhatsnew
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 am
Contact:

Re: Husky?

Post by heyhellowhatsnew » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Will it be out this week? Tell Apple that people are waiting :I

Also can I get a freaking discount for getting both the PC and Ipad version please?
http://www.oldblacknerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events! Check it out!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13501
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: Husky?

Post by IainMcNeil » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:44 am

We're hoping 27th March but we are in Apples hands waiting for them to approve the updates.

johntindall
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Posts: 200
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:55 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Husky?

Post by johntindall » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:09 am

it's already the 27th here in Oz. Where is the dam thing?

(grumble, grumble, bah humbug)

heyhellowhatsnew
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Posts: 79
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 am
Contact:

Re: Husky?

Post by heyhellowhatsnew » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:43 am

America first. Duh!
http://www.oldblacknerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events! Check it out!

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 13501
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:19 am

Re: Husky?

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:09 am

The good news is the app was approved by Apple last night so we are ok to release today.

The bad news is they rejected the demo because they want to change the age rating from 9+. It's been 9+ for over a year. They approved the full game at 9+ just minutes earlier. Explain to me how a cut down version can have a higher rating than the full game. Sigh....

This means that the iPad demo wont get updated today and anyone on the iPad demo will not be able to play multiplayer until we sort this out with Apple. We're really sorry but there is nothing we can do about this and would like to blame Apple entirely :)

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:53 am
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: Husky?

Post by MesaDon » Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Will we be able to update the full iPad version today?

enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Posts: 1854
Joined: Sun May 15, 2011 8:47 am

Re: Husky?

Post by enric » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:10 pm

IainMcNeil wrote:The good news is the app was approved by Apple last night so we are ok to release today.

The bad news is they rejected the demo because they want to change the age rating from 9+. It's been 9+ for over a year. They approved the full game at 9+ just minutes earlier. Explain to me how a cut down version can have a higher rating than the full game. Sigh....

This means that the iPad demo wont get updated today and anyone on the iPad demo will not be able to play multiplayer until we sort this out with Apple. We're really sorry but there is nothing we can do about this and would like to blame Apple entirely :)
The political reason is that a full version cost money that probably a 9-12 years old children can't have without their parents approval, but a demo is free, this applies to all demo versions.

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Posts: 781
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Husky?

Post by MrsWargamer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:27 pm

I have me money ready.

I like that it is probably hours away.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Husky?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:46 pm

enric wrote:
IainMcNeil wrote:The good news is the app was approved by Apple last night so we are ok to release today.

The bad news is they rejected the demo because they want to change the age rating from 9+. It's been 9+ for over a year. They approved the full game at 9+ just minutes earlier. Explain to me how a cut down version can have a higher rating than the full game. Sigh....

This means that the iPad demo wont get updated today and anyone on the iPad demo will not be able to play multiplayer until we sort this out with Apple. We're really sorry but there is nothing we can do about this and would like to blame Apple entirely :)
The political reason is that a full version cost money that probably a 9-12 years old children can't have without their parents approval, but a demo is free, this applies to all demo versions.
Which would make sense if anything other than internal logic had changed with the demo. The only reason we needed to update it at all is to keep the MP versions synced up...

Cheers

Pip

bk917
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:50 am

Re: Husky?

Post by bk917 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:49 pm

So when is Husky going to be up? Will it just appear in the campaign menu as an option for purchase?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 8952
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:35 pm

Re: Husky?

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 pm

bk917 wrote:So when is Husky going to be up? Will it just appear in the campaign menu as an option for purchase?
We're in the process of releasing it now. You will need to update to 2.1 before the Husky option appears ingame.

Cheers

Pip

Post Reply

Return to “Battle Academy”