Husky?

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: Husky?

Post by MrsWargamer » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:47 pm

It's here its here :)

Ok I had a sneak peek via the beta, but now I can enjoy having the full fledged article.

Ya just put a bit o skip in my walk for the day, will enjoy getting this when I get home.

cptdavep
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by cptdavep » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Anyone else just getting a waiting timer with a nice picture of a soldier looking at his watch when they try to IAP the extension on iPad? Am I just being impatient?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:27 pm

cptdavep wrote:Anyone else just getting a waiting timer with a nice picture of a soldier looking at his watch when they try to IAP the extension on iPad? Am I just being impatient?
It looks like there is an issue with the game not seeing the IAP. Hopefully it is just a slight lag with the various Apple servers. I am investigating.

Cheers

Pip

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 pm

There seems to be an issue with the iOS release which prevents purchase of operation Husky at this time on iPad. We have already submitted a fixed version that will allow purchase.

I can only apologise for the mistake and the inconvenience caused.

Cheers

Pip

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi guys

we've got an issue on iPad. It seems we overlooked something in the IAP system. You can't test it the same way a live account does and it wasn't until release we found the issue. We're fixing it now and will see how quickly we can get apple to review it and approve it. It's the first time we've had an IAP that was not in at release so its a learning experience for us.

All we can do for now is apologies and get the game updated as soon as possible. PC and Mac are fine but the IAP for Husky will not be available until we resolve this issue. Thanks for you patience and understanding.

The Slitherine Team

heyhellowhatsnew
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by heyhellowhatsnew » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:47 pm

I was wondering why my countdown was at a half hour :)
http://www.oldblacknerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events! Check it out!

jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 pm

IainMcNeil wrote: we've got an issue on iPad. It seems we overlooked something in the IAP system. You can't test it the same way a live account does and it wasn't until release we found the issue.
As a procedure fix, I guess you need to have an account and own an iPad, as one of your internal test checklist items.
I go through this sort of thing all the time although I'm in the hardware business. But releasing buggy stuff always means, update the procedures. lol.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Unfortunately you can't. We all have iPads for testing but you can't test a live game till its live. That's why this didn't get caught. There is a system for testing IAP but its very odd and not completely reliable and its a bit of hope and pray though we should be able to avoid this particular issue in future. If only Apple had spent their time checking this for us instead of deciding to randomly change the required age rating on the demo to 17+ when the full game is 9+ then maybe things would have gone better. Not that I'm bitter...!

MesaDon
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by MesaDon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:22 pm

So let me get this right. The BA demo is more damaging to the little tykes than a bunch of blood and gore kill zombie games and is on par with Grand Thief Auto with no one under 40 should play? Wow go figure that. Oh when can us loyal iPad people expect to be able to purchase and do I need my ID and a note from my mother?

MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

Never try to understand the reasoning in the convoluted minds of the people responsible for censoring and ratings.

For one, you don't want to be able to think like they do, and second, there's no known cure for the damages they might do to your mind :)

When I think of the stuff that gets allowed, and the locations and the stuff that isn't allowed and the locations, well, I get a better level of reasoning from dodgy wargaming AI.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:19 pm

We have more info:

Apple say Battle Academy has Gun Related Violence. This makes it a Suggestive/Mature theme.

But... but... that's not what it means! Its a World War II wargame not a gangster game!

MesaDon

Post by MesaDon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

Maybe if you make a few little changes. Get rid of the guns and use swords, clubs, oh and of course chainsaws. Get rid of the Germans and make them the undead and the Italians into zombies. All tanks can only use flamethrowers or running down the enemy. Add a lot more blood too. These changes should drop you down to 9+ on the demo at worst 12+. Just a suggestion.

bk917

Post by bk917 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Iain - Any sense of how long a fix will take? I won't hold you to it, just trying to set my own expectations. Is your sense it is a day or two, several days, or a week etc?

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:29 pm

bk917 wrote:Iain - Any sense of how long a fix will take? I won't hold you to it, just trying to set my own expectations. Is your sense it is a day or two, several days, or a week etc?
It entirely depends on Apple, but usually a week from submission, which was yesterday.

Cheers

Pip

MesaDon

Post by MesaDon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 pm

pipfromslitherine wrote:
bk917 wrote:Iain - Any sense of how long a fix will take? I won't hold you to it, just trying to set my own expectations. Is your sense it is a day or two, several days, or a week etc?
It entirely depends on Apple, but usually a week from submission, which was yesterday.

Cheers

Pip
I have apps where errors were made and Apple rushed fixes through in one to two days. Unusual but it has happened. Did you think of giant crocodile tears? (showing age with that.)

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:55 pm

We asked for an expedited review and got refused.

jcb989

Post by jcb989 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:32 pm

Big Brother

heyhellowhatsnew
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by heyhellowhatsnew » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Where is the Husky... Where is it Obama?! WHERE is it ghost of Steve Jobs
http://www.oldblacknerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events! Check it out!

Return to “Battle Academy”