About adding random or certain music in the mission

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

About adding random or certain music in the mission

Post by shermanVC »

Hi everyone,

I m a new modder for the BBCBA. (But I do not know much about programming)
Here is my question: Is that possible for random background music in the campaign. After playing the BBCBA for years, I notice it is boring to listen to the same music through the whole campaign. I know how to change the music, but I hope it can be randomized, for example, the game will finish one of the battle music and then randomly choose and play another battle music from the folder, like other games.
And here is the additional question: Is that possible to play the music at a certain point in the mission? For example, playing some music at turn 1 and then change to other music in turn 2 (Same as the battle head pops out and then disappears). I talked with Alex Amaris about my idea. He suggested me to use the music as an SFX file. It works, but the music is too long. It will be replaced by the upcoming SFX, for example, after the music plays as SFX in the game, as soon as there s the gunfire or mouse click sound effect, the music will stop automatically.

Thank you for anyone who can help.

Here are some works I have done. I just finished two missions about Operation Tonga (Pegasus Bridge). All functions work in these two missions, but I need players to test these missions. Currently, I m working on my third mission Oden River. If you are interested and want to help the project, please contact me. Please help me with the scripts, models, textures, or just play and help to balance missions. (After I finish new missions, I m going to send the files to testers. Testers will play the mission and tell me their feeling, but I may ask volunteers to play missions on different difficulties and may ask them to finish some achievements, then I can add or remove units, achievements or supports in the mission.)

I m going to make more missions. My current project is to finish British-German Battle of Normandy (battle for Caen, missions for both Anglo and Jerry). After this, I m going to create a US-German battle of Normandy.
Attachments
Take over Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge Mission
Take over Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge Mission
20190523212246_1.jpg (329.95 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
Force selection page (changed "Force selection" into "Compose your battlegroup")
Force selection page (changed "Force selection" into "Compose your battlegroup")
20190527120536_1.jpg (355.15 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
Defend Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge Mission
Defend Pegasus Bridge and Horsa Bridge Mission
20190523212235_1.jpg (425.09 KiB) Viewed 2378 times
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About adding random or certain music in the mission

Post by pipfromslitherine »

Unfortunately BA doesn't have the ability for customised music playback logic. You can (IIRC) replace the music in a custom campaign, but only with a single track per-music-track.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 2:33 pm Unfortunately BA doesn't have the ability for customised music playback logic. You can (IIRC) replace the music in a custom campaign, but only with a single track per-music-track.

Cheers

Pip
Thank you, then I may just combine some music tracks, at least players can listen to different music.
Is that possible the SFX can be played even though another SFX jumps out? If that s possible, I m going to use music as SFX files
pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine »

You could in theory play music as an FX, but it would likely be turned off as other sounds are played.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

pipfromslitherine wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:42 pm You could in theory play music as an FX, but it would likely be turned off as other sounds are played.

Cheers

Pip
Thanks for your information

Return to “Battle Academy”