Continue the work for Battle for Caen, but volunteer needed

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Continue the work for Battle for Caen, but volunteer needed

Post by shermanVC »

Hi, here I am again

Recently I came back to continue the work on the project, but I got some new ideas.

I found how SFX files work in the game, and want to try something new.

I am planning to add voices as SFX files and play them in the briefing part of the game. Because SFX files will be replaced by the next SFX sound files, when you click the button, the SFX will end automatically. This idea comes from the comment in my last post when I misunderstood "GiveWarAchance"'s post. I am not sure how it will work out, but at least I wanna give it a try. Come on, a voiced briefing at the start of each battle? How bloody cool it is!

But here is my problem, I am ESL, not a native English speaker. I can communicate in English, but it sounds bad anyway.

And it is a British Campaign, I do need some British Speakers and maybe some Canadians who are interested in my project, and can help me with the voice part. I can send these who wanna give a try the text, and you just send me the audio. Then I will try my best to insert them into the campaign.

And if you want, you can also correct mistakes in my text, or even turn it more WW2 British Style, and then send me the new text with the audio. I am glad people will do that. (I hope some British Speakers will help me more on the text, please)

There is something annoyed about the briefing, you cannot really escape them. When the mod is out, I will post texts about how to change your files so there will be no briefing at the start of each battle. I highly suggest trying with the briefing first, and then disable it.

Secondly, not a big deal, but can someone create a crater for me? I do not want to use TIM1966's work without his permission. Or please tell me how to contact him, so I can use some of his objects from his WW1 campaign.

Thanks to everyone who is interested in my mod, and these people who want to help with the project.

The pictures are a new map "Gold Beach" which I transferred from my old mod. This map is based on Forgotten Hopes 2 mod "Gold Beach". (Forgotten Hope 1&2 are mods for Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2, they are really cool mod. If you love WW2 FPS, you should try them out.)
Attachments
The Wall
The Wall
20191003124420_1.jpg (922.24 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
Beach Head
Beach Head
20191003124354_1.jpg (743.15 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
Beach Head
Beach Head
20191003124343_1.jpg (795.28 KiB) Viewed 2346 times
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Continue the work for Battle for Caen, but volunteer needed

Post by shermanVC »

sneazzy95 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 am If the request is still available, I'm up for this one.
Yes, it is. I m so glad that you are willing to help.

My email address is steven.liuhao@gmail.com, please send me an email so I can communicate back.

Thank you very much.
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

Anyone who is interested?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I'm a PC dummy and don't know anything about computers, I only know how to play wargames, so if I can playtest Caen for you let me know..:)
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:39 am I'm a PC dummy and don't know anything about computers, I only know how to play wargames, so if I can playtest Caen for you let me know..:)
Sure, if u wanna test missions for me, just leave me your email, so I can send the mission pack to u.
I may constantly send new packs with limited changes, or not... (I am lazy)

Well, and if u r not interested in the project yet, it is ok, still thank you for the support

Return to “Battle Academy”