Spolier: Progress on {Battle For Caen}

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Spolier: Progress on {Battle For Caen}

Post by shermanVC »

Hey boys, here I am again

I started to continue my Battle For Caen Project, and it went... not bad at least.

The original plan was 5 missions for the beta version. But it is screwed because I have more than 5 maps now.

I m considering how many maps should go for the Beta Version. Remember this is a beta version, not the final one.

Current Beta version, all missions happened in June 1944, which I consider as the first stage for the Battle. You will not see Caen itself, or anything about operation Goodwood or Totalize. (Sorry, no kangaroo APC yet) So I need to remind everyone again, the Beta is not a final version. In the final version, u ll see much more.

Now the map list I already finished: Pegasus day and night, gold beach, port-en-bessin, Juno Beach, Authie, and Odon. Some scripts need to be fixed, but it is not hard.

Now the plan is: Sword Beach, Buron, Lingevres, Scottish corridor, Cheux, the first attempt on Hill 112, Merville Gun Battery(for sure on these) and more are on the selection. Also, feel free to leave your comments below. (I am not going to make Viller-Bocage, we had both the British Version and the German Version for that one in the game, but I can copy the old map into the folder if u just want to see Viller-Bocage)

Another thing is, I can make as many maps as possible, but they are quite ... similar. U always fight offensive or defensive, with infantry or tanks, on an open filed or a little village... So I do doubt the purpose of too many missions. But still, I want to listen to what you want to say. Please leave comments below so I will have a better idea. Do people want to have tons of missions that they can freely choose from, or I should cut down the number of missions?

(sorry if the context is a little messy, I was doing more research while writing this post)
Attachments
20200116130945_1.jpg
20200116130945_1.jpg (451.76 KiB) Viewed 2466 times
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Spolier: Progress on {Battle For Caen}

Post by Eagletanker »

Pretty excited to try them. If I were you though, I would put out the maps you have done so people can test them and input feedback to try and figure out what works and what doesn’t work. Don’t feel like you need to make a lot of maps or need to make the maps like the actual battlefields. Remember Perfect is the enemy of Good. There is also a kangaroo in the file if you need one.
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

TankerOne wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:44 am Pretty excited to try them. If I were you though, I would put out the maps you have done so people can test them and input feedback to try and figure out what works and what doesn’t work. Don’t feel like you need to make a lot of maps or need to make the maps like the actual battlefields. Remember Perfect is the enemy of Good. There is also a kangaroo in the file if you need one.
Thx u, but how do I upload them? I am trying to figure out a website or method in which I can upload the file, so people can try them out.
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

Authie, Port-en-Bessin, Authie
Attachments
Authie
Authie
20200117154442_1.jpg (425.18 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Port-en-Bessin
Port-en-Bessin
20200117154432_1.jpg (456.55 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
Gold Beach
Gold Beach
20200117154422_1.jpg (379.05 KiB) Viewed 2432 times
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

And Odon

Well, I made some interesting tricks, but I do not want a spoiler. So, I 'll leave it for you to try out.

Plus Pegasus I showed before, now there is 6 maps ready to go. Juno will be scripted later, and new maps are coming as well.
Attachments
Odon
Odon
20200117154451_1.jpg (487.74 KiB) Viewed 2431 times
shermanVC
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by shermanVC »

And Here We go!
Juno is done.

Now, 7 maps are properly scripted. (I believe, and that s why I need testers to find out the script will work or not)

U know what, I 'll release this pack as quickly as I can. Just need to find a way to upload it somewhere...
Attachments
20200117193421_1.jpg
20200117193421_1.jpg (331.2 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

shermanVC wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:46 am
TankerOne wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:44 am Pretty excited to try them. If I were you though, I would put out the maps you have done so people can test them and input feedback to try and figure out what works and what doesn’t work. Don’t feel like you need to make a lot of maps or need to make the maps like the actual battlefields. Remember Perfect is the enemy of Good. There is also a kangaroo in the file if you need one.
Thx u, but how do I upload them? I am trying to figure out a website or method in which I can upload the file, so people can try them out.
The best way is to get a Mediafire account, upload your files there, and post the link on the forum. My BA2 Skirmish mods use Mediafire.
Last edited by Paul59 on Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Eagletanker »

Alternatively you could use Dropbox or Google Drive

Return to “Battle Academy”