Cannot win in Fort Driant

PC : Battle Academy is a turn based tactical WWII game with almost limitless modding opportnuities.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

joffaboy0
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Cannot win in Fort Driant

Post by joffaboy0 »

Hi there folks.
l am new to Battle Academy (found it during last Xmas holidays) and l am really enjoying it.
l am working my way through all of the campaigns and am currently playing Fortress Metz.

l cannot win the Fort Driant scenario unless l play it on the easiest level.
Playing on the hardest setting, l invariably fail to take the barracks and central fort objectives.

Does anyone have any tips on how they go about winning this scenario ?

Thanks in advance !!!!
Eagletanker
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Cannot win in Fort Driant

Post by Eagletanker »

Looking at it in the editor, I see you have your work cut out for you. Don't attack straight away, have your infantry move to one flank. This it your main attack. Have some infantry draw fire, and then get your sappers clearing. Tanks and Tracks should be suppressing MG's. Now send in your main force, making sure to leapfrog, having several squads suppressing the position you want to attack, and then moving up a few units to do a assault, which should be your sappers. This should work, and remember to use any arty bonus or air bonus very liberally.
Fluffi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Cannot win in Fort Driant

Post by Fluffi »

I normally just use the 105s to slam anything in a bunker, whehter if its an AT gun or not.

Return to “Battle Academy”