Should be a joke no? :D
  • All other are ok.
final.jpg
final.jpg (169.92 KiB) Viewed 7790 times
Another massacre:
Casualties.jpg
Casualties.jpg (89.13 KiB) Viewed 7790 times
Overall and others
The idea is that German forces are stunned by heavy bombardment, but there are very odd parameters:
- The fact that all units are equal affected is not normal.
- Units keep all their morale, illogical also
- Units only have a shoot, why?, are they short of ammunitions?, short of fuel?
- Units move less, vehicles and foot...
- etc.

This is just my opinion to create this effect:
A random, for each unit, reduction of morale from 20-60 % just in the StartTurnPost of the first turn.
Then in next turns, in StartTurnPost, where you already loop the units, you can increase the moral, also with a random for each unit until they reach his normal morale.
I do not like at all the Magical Mystery Tour of the miraculous halftrack.

Issues
  • At start many units are facing back to the front, aesthetically wrong.
  • Mortars can't fire at all until rallied.
  • The miraculous halftrack (if you decide to keep it) should have some differences with others halftracks, the only difference is that it is team 1, but this, usually, the player will not know.
  • Loaded units are not rallied.
  • When rallied, units not recover the shoots and movement units next turn.
  • Not all units that reach the three tiles ratio are rallied (don't ask me why, see image).
    Note: looking at the script, I see that there is a two tiles ratio for rally, I do not know why I thought it's was three, maybe some advice on the scenario say three?, I can remember, maybe just my mistake
rally.jpg
rally.jpg (150.58 KiB) Viewed 7790 times
enric
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Re: Death from above (9)

Post by enric »

new beta

The icon with the brown circle that indicates the unit is stunned have disappeared, now there is a "?" that is much less visible.., and when unit is in some terrain, near impossible to see it.
At first, I thought you just removed it. After looking at the INUTICONS.DDS, and knowing which image I war searching I see the "?" above the units.
citizen6
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by citizen6 »

I too am not too sure about the motivational speaker from the OKD driving around and rallying the troops. I do like that the units are repressed but to me movement should not be so restricted. For example movement towards the enemy could be limited but away should not be. This would reflect reluctance better in my opinion. The fire rate shouldn't be reduced but instead the accuracy of the shots reduced somewhat. A suppressed soldier can fire just as rapidly as normal - but certainly nowhere near as accurately. It would perhaps be better to have the morale limited to 75 max and then as units get promoted the maximum morale can be increased - ie. 100 for first promotion and then 125 for elite or similar. This would reflect them regaining their confidence in combat. Also if the units sit undisturbed for several turns they regain their confidence levels (maybe 4 turns to allow an single step increase in maximum morale) Just an idea.
mattymo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by mattymo »

I enjoyed this scenario more than the others. I always appreciate variety and novelty and this has both. That's not to say that the implementation has to be the way it is.

At first, I didn't realize what was going on with the units and thought there was an error. Then I realized they were limited in some way, and thought: "Here we go!" When the motivational speaker showed up, I was surprised but then realized I wouldn't have trouble winning—I didn't think. It took a couple more turns before I saw the brown question mark, which seems like the wrong symbol to use because it already has another meaning (I know the character/font isn't exactly the same, but it's too close). Maybe an exclamation mark would be good. I think there just needs to be a little more explanation of what this demoralization is versus regular suppression. And why the magic car can't rally regularly suppressed troops.

I ended up winning, holding all the VPs, but didn't get the star: was that because I lost and then recaptured two of them? Doesn't seem clear.
JMass
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by JMass »

I played this scenario with v. 2.2.5, hard settings, and I found it very easy, I lost only two flags and I retake them, I destroyed all the Allied units but I lost more than 20 German units.
My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1
Roma Victrix!
Steiner37
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Steiner37 »

Played and achieved all objectives but lossing less than 10 units, I have lost 40... I think this objetive is a bit hard to get. Only 34 enemy units destroyed.
Fun scenario :D :D
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

I must be blind - I could not find the command car. Can someone point out where it is in the mission? I do not want to play through it unless I can find it. Is it a Kubelwagon?

I would much prefer a pre-game bombing run. Just have two of them and have them show up at random places and ALSO hit the enemy units too as did happen historically.

Looks like lots of folks tried this one out so if I do not get too it looks like you guys got enough feedback on it. But I will want to play it anyway ...
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

It arrives around the fourth turn, you won't miss it. It is a halftrack with a red flag across the hood.
Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by Old_Warrior »

Does it carry any hot dogs and cokes? ;) Ok, thanks Andrew, going to try it now.

Return to “Battle Academy : Open Beta”