Operation Epsom: Mission #6 AAR

Open beta forum

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Old_Warrior
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Operation Epsom: Mission #6 AAR

Post by Old_Warrior »

Found this one to be tough as well (as #5). In my first playing I tried to hold the front line. Lost all 88s and was not able to accomplish any of the ACHs. Did hold 2 VPs at the end of the game but only by distracting the AI tanks.

In my second game I pulled most of my units back to the rear ridge and waited on the British armor. I wiped out most of the armor and then moved forward but was not able to gain much in the way of VPs. Still only held 2 at the end of the game. (note: my FAST FAST FAST Puma was eliminated at 8 tile range by a Sherman - go figure ...)

The 88s did better in this game and I had 1 left at the end of the mission. I note that AT guns seem to be easy to pick off at long range. Kind of a shame really ... but maybe the 88 is a higher risk target.

Enjoyed the map, mission and this one has definite replayability (as does #5).

Note: in my second playing I chose to go with all Hetzers (2) and Stug-IIIs (4) instead of PzKw IVs. I find that in a defensive role the SPGs are a better buy. I chose not to get the Rocket halftrack this time. Seems to be a waste of a unit to be honest as it only fires 1/3 turns and frankly when I did fire at infantry it stunk on results. A Priest or a Hummel/Wespe is a better buy.

Return to “Battle Academy : Open Beta”